• Yeehaw
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Boys 3 Could Still Happen; Has A New Writer

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.58%

Bad Boys 3 Could Still Happen; Has A New Writer

In today’s Hollywood, the established franchise is everything. If a studio doesn’t have a veritable arsenal of sequels, prequels, or adaptations of proven material to release each year, they’re in serious trouble. Luckily for Sony, the company currently finds itself overflowing with marketable properties, both this year and next. One such anticipated sequel that had been penciled in for early 2017 was Bad Boys 3, the third installment of the action-comedy franchise starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. Well, it turns out fans will have to wait a few months longer than expected to get their next Michael Bay-approved dose of breathtaking stunts, sarcastic quips, big guns, and stuff blowing up.
      Last summer, Sony officially scheduled Bad Boys 3 for a February 17, 2017 release, and even went as far as setting a July 3, 2019 release date for Bad Boys 4. While it’s still not clear whether stars Smith and Lawrence will even be returning for the fourth film, Sony has now opted to move Bad Boys 3 to June 2, 2017. The decision to set Bad Boys 3 for summer seems motivated by logistics, as Sony’s recent progress with its long-gestating adaptation of The Dark Tower necessitated a little shuffling in the 2017 schedule.

The first Dark Tower film will take over Bad Boys 3’s previous Presidents Day weekend spot, although one could argue that releasing in June instead of February is an upgrade in terms of profile. While the original Bad Boys movie came out in April and was a bit of a surprise hit for first-time feature director Bay, the 2003 follow-up, Bad Boys II, came out in July and went on to rake in nearly $300 million worldwide. Then again, the traditional opinion that February serves as a dumping ground for movies a studio has no confidence in may now be changing thanks to the meteoric success enjoyed by Fox’s Deadpool. Still, opening an action blockbuster in June does seem like the safer bet, despite the fact that the competition it faces will likely be much stiffer.
      With The A-Team’s Joe Carnahan now in the director’s chair — and Bay still on board as a producer — Bad Boys 3 will serve as a test of just how bankable the team of Smith and Lawrence is nowadays. Smith’s last big blockbuster hit came via another threequel, with 2012’s Men in Black 3. There’s a chance Suicide Squad could reignite the fire of his career, but the jury is still out as to how well he will be received in the role of Deadshot. Lawrence, meanwhile, hasn’t headlined a film since Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son in 2011, so this will certainly be a return to action for the comedian.
      Does the duo of Mike Lowery and Marcus Burnett still have what it takes to clean up the streets of Miami, while also making bank at the box office? The world will find out next summer.
      Bad Boys 3 hits theaters on June 2, 2017. Bad Boys 4 debuts on July 3, 2019.
      Source: Deadline
      Likes mac007 liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Steam ID: STEAM_xXmac007Xx
      Daily Activity
      14.29%
      Lv. Percent
      30.19%
      it will be good to see return of this hit team

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.58%
      Bad Boys 3 Gets a New Title & 2018 Release Date

Just over 13 years ago, risk-taking Miami cops Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) last rode together – but managed not to die together – in Michael Bay’s Bad Boys II. While the critical notices and overall fan sentiment weren’t quite as positive as that earned by the original film, Bad Boys II did quite well at the box office, bringing in $273.3 million worldwide. At the time, most assumed this would lead to a third installment, but instead the franchise went quiet for over a decade. That was until last year, when Sony announced that the Bad Boys franchise was being resurrected for entries 3 and 4.
      With both Smith and Lawrence back in the fold – and Bay returning as a producer – fans naturally began to get excited for the prospect of two more Lowrey and Burnett adventures, with Bad Boys 3 getting scheduled for release on February 17, 2017 and Bad Boys 4 set to arrive on July 3rd, 2019. Unfortunately, that excitement was dampened by Sony’s subsequent decision to push back Bad Boys 3 to June 2, 2017. Still, the fact that the sequel had been shifted into a prime summer slot caused many to assume that the studio now saw the third Bad Boys as a potential tentpole release for 2017.
      Unfortunately, those waiting for their next taste of Smith and Lawrence’s badass narcotics detectives cleaning up Miami will now have to wait even longer to get their fix. Sony has once again delayed Bad Boys 3’s release date, pushing back the sequel a full seven months to January 12, 2018. The studio has yet to offer up an explanation for the move. Along with the date shift comes a title change, as Bad Boys 3 has been rechristened Bad Boys For Life, in a clear nod to one of the best known quotes from the series.

One wonders what this means for Sony’s current confidence level in the success of Bad Boys 3. January – and to some extent February, although Deadpool has changed that perception a bit – is traditionally regarded as the dumping ground for major Hollywood releases that the studio in question doesn’t feel are worthy of a more desired slot on the release calendar. This is especially true for sequels to high-profile franchises, as normally a highly anticipated follow-up would be a lock to arrive during the summer blockbuster season.
      With Bad Boys 3 now not arriving until 2018, it’ll likely be only a matter of time before Sony announces a delay for Bad Boys 4 as well. Here’s hoping that the move to January doesn’t spell doom for Bad Boys 3‘s prospects, as fans have waited a long time to see Smith and Lawrence suit up and bust bad guys for a third time.

Bad Boys For Life
      hits theaters on January 12, 2018. Bad Boys 4 is currently scheduled to arrive on July 3rd, 2019.
      Source: Exhibitor Relations

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.58%
      Bad Boys 3: Joe Carnahan Talks Script & Release Date Delay

Ever since Sony officially added Bad Boys 3 and Bad Boys 4 to its schedule last year, fans have been eager to check in with badass Miami detectives Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) for the first time in over a decade. Unfortunately, the major news on the film since then has been of the disappointing variety. First, Bad Boys 3 was delayed from its initially-announced February 2017 release date to June 2017. If that wasn’t enough, the sequel was recently delayed again, this time by a full seven months to January 2018.
      Needless to say, fan outlook on the film has dampened a tad since the latter announcement, with many wondering why Sony felt the need to send the newly-christened Bad Boys For Life to the traditional studio dumping ground of January. Well, according to writer/director Jor Carnahan (The A-Team), Bad Boys For Life’s repeated delays shouldn’t be a cause of concern for franchise fans.
      During a recent nterview with Gizmodo, Carnahan offered his first public comments on Bad Boys 3’s latest delay, asserting that the added time has allowed him to properly craft what he calls “the strongest script of any of those movies. Hands down. In a walk over. […] Unless you’re Toy Story 3, usually third ones aren’t the strongest, and I think this one will be the strongest of the trilogy thus far.”

Another factor Carnahan says led to the decision to push Bad Boys For Life back was the filmmaker’s desire to gather himself, Smith, Lawrence, and producer Jerry Bruckheimer in a room together to make sure the script fully satisfied all parties involved. As one might imagine, Smith’s busy schedule has made this meeting a bit difficult to arrange, especially with his recent commitments to DC Extended Universe blockbuster Suicide Squad. Per Carnahan:
      “We couldn’t all get in a room, go through this thing and really ring it out. I’m a big believer in ‘Do the work at the script level until you’ve got something you know works.’ That everyone is happy with, the stars are happy with, the director is happy with, the studio is happy with.”

With Carnahan being the only one of the above quartet to not be involved with the first two films, the director also feels that the added prep time will allow him to cultivate a relationship with his two stars:
      “Relationships don’t just happen. You have to cultivate them. You have to gain trust and encourage their own creative and artistic sensibilities.”
      As for the story itself, Carnahan mostly played coy, but did offer the following:
      “There’s a lot of funny shit in this movie. And there’s also a very mysterious, but tonally spot-on story that I think is kind of perfect for where we are in this day and age, where the guys are and reflectively, a very modern take on these guys. It’s kind of what becomes of Bad Boys when they’re not boys anymore.”
      While it remains odd for what should seemingly be a high-profile tentpole sequel on Sony’s yearly schedule – after all, Smith remains quite the box office draw – to end up in the waste lands of January, it at least seems that Carnahan has both his heart and head in the right place when it comes to Bad Boys 3’s development. For the sake of the series’ many fans, here’s hoping For Life defies its release date and turns out to be just as much fun as Smith and Lawrence’s prior adventures through the Miami underworld.

Bad Boys For Life
      hits U.S. theaters on January 12, 2018. Bad Boys 4 is currently scheduled to arrive on July 3rd, 2019.
      Source: Gizmodo

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.58%
      Bad Boys 3 Aims to Start Filming By Next March

The upcoming Bad Boys 3 aka Bad Boys for Life is slated to once again star Will Smith (Suicide Squad) and Martin Lawrence (Big Momma’s House) as the buddy-duo from the previous, Michael Bay-directed films. Set to be directed by series newcomer Joe Carnahan (The Grey), the third Bad Boys installment will see Miami Police Department detectives Mike Lowrey (Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Lawrence) making a bold comeback that is sure to please longtime viewers of the two narcotics agents.
      Following multiple release date delays, it would appear that Carnahan, Smith, Lawrence, and producer Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean) are all set to begin work in earnest on Bad Boys for Life. Standing as the first movie in the Bad Boys franchise that will not have been directed by Bay, the cast and crew will have quite the task ahead of them in the production of this belated third chapter; though it would appear that production is firmly set to get underway at last than it has been in the past.
      In a recent appearence on Jimmy Kimmel Live! (see above), Lawrence commented on the fact that the most frequently asked question that he receives from his fans is when the next Bad Boys movie is going to come out. Speaking to the enthusiasm still held for the project – while offering the added reservation that all parties involved will additionally have to be available – Lawrence offered the lingering hope that production on Bad Boys for Life will finally begin in March 2017.

Granted, the statement was made in an attempt at appeasing longtime fans of the Bad Boys series, and nothing is set in stone at this point in time. That being said, if what Caranahan has said most recently is true, then Lawrence could very well be correct in postulating that Bad Boys for Life will in fact begin filming within the first three months of the next calendar year.
      Viewers who grew up watching Bad Boys and its immediate sequel Bad Boys 2 in the late 1990s and early 2000s are no doubt waiting with bated breath for production to finally commence in the making of Bad Boys for Life. On that note, fans of the action movie franchise might finally have something to cling all of their hopes to – provided Lawrence can be taken at his word.

Bad Boys For Life
      will see theatrical release in the U.S. on January 12, 2018. Bad Boys 4 is currently scheduled to arrive on July 3, 2019 (though the latter hasn’t been officially green-lit yet).
      Source: Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.58%
      Bad Boys 3 Update; Director Teases Multiple Villains & R Rating

Bad Boys for Life has been one of those long-gestating sequels that seems to be finally getting underway. Writer/director Joe Carnahan (The Grey, The A Team) was previously hired on by Sony to take on this sequel to Bad Boys and Bad Boys 2 – which originally featured Will Smith and Martin Lawrence and director Michael Bay at the helm. Despite various delays (most likely related to Smith’s schedule), Carnahan seems to have been hard at work in bringing these bickering Miami narcotics cops/friends/bad boys back to the big screen.
      Various pieces of information on the development of a Bad Boys 3 have been in the news over the years, as it’s an action series that is both exciting (due to Bay’s explosions and action filmmaking) and generally likable thanks to the chemistry between Smith and Lawrence. Bad Boys 2, in particular,may not be called out for its high quality, as far as critical praise goes, but it does have enough of a following for fans to want more (not to mention insane action). Based on a new interview, it seems Carnahan knows he has a duty to deliver something special for those who have waited.

In an interview with Collider, Carnahan talked openly about what he’s been up to concerning Bad Boys For Life and what the fans can expect. While confirmations have only been made via quotes, the way he spoke confirms that Smith will be heavily involved (many have questioned if a new director also meant getting new stars). Carnahan even offered information about the relationship of working with Smith and the many rewrites of the film’s script:
      “It’s been a pretty centralized process. I’ve been writing this thing for the better part of a year. And at times, Will and I have discussed this too, it’s nice to drop back and just worry about the directing part of it and have people come to you, so that you don’t burn out completely. We know we have to satisfy X, Y, and Z, let me take a shot at this, and see if it comes back and see if you like it, see if it works. In that respect, Will’s been wonderful and a lot of fun, and always a willing participant, always welcoming… It’s a constant search for making it better and better and better. And I applaud that, that’s a hell of a trait to have, because he could be the other way, like whatever, but that’s not his style.”
      Carnahan also spoke about the chemistry between Smith and Lawrence, as that is actually what interested the director most. He states:

“It’s a very grounded, as much as it can be, Miami narcotics/robbery/homicide cops [story], two lifelong friends, these things are all appealing to me. That and knowing and doing something that I thought would be interesting, that would be an interesting challenge. Because those other films are Michael Bay’s and if you’re gonna come in you really gotta take it, you really gotta own that franchise. I came at it from a screenwriter’s standpoint and wrote my own version of the story, which is always exciting and fun. That’s what it was, being able to, as a writer, put my own spin on that world, more than anything else.”

There was also talk about creating new villains for the series, during Carnahan’s Bad Boys 3 discussion with Collider:
      “It wasn’t challenging [coming up with the antagonist]. It should’ve been. You’ve got all these years in the game and you’ve made all these enemies, you’ve accumulated all this, so in that respect it would be easy. But I don’t wanna say anything else because I don’t wanna ruin the delicacy of who our antagonist is, because I think it’s very cool. It’s not one person. It’s a multi-headed hydra, I’ll say that. It works beautifully.”
      Lastly, Carnahan spoke about the film’s potential R-rating, which has been key for the series. He states:

“I think it’s gonna be R. I don’t think we’re trying to make a PG-13 version of Bad Boys. We haven’t discussed the rating, but both the other films were R-rated; Deadpool made $800 million globally and was an R-rated film, the new Wolverine is R-rated. I think these things don’t factor it, my theory is people gravitate more toward R-rated films than PG-13, I think the PG-13 thing is betwixt and between now. It’s not fundamentally rooted in any metric where you can go, ‘Okay, we can prove that this had success because it was PG-13.’ Look at the Matrix trilogy, that was wildly successful and they were all R-rated films. Unless things change, I think we’re making a Bad Boys film and that’s an R-rated movie.”

One thing to keep in mind is how Bad Boys 2 did come 8 years after the first film. While this sequel has nearly doubled the amount of time found in the last break, there could be something to say in regards to looking at how action filmmaking has changed from the ’90s to the early ’00s and into the ’10s. Carnahan’s credits have certainly allowed him to dip his toes into different kinds of action (from Narc to Smokin’ Aces) – so while Bay may be busy with Transformers movies and personal projects, it could potentially be great to team up Carnahan with producer Jerry Bruckheimer for a new kind of explosive fun.
      Best of all is the potential of another ride through the streets of Miami, while Smith and Lawrence argue with each other in hilarious ways. Ideally the film also tones down some of the “Bayhem” found in the more ridiculous moments of Bad Boys 2, but at the same time, what else would audiences really want with another film like this? (Well, more Joe Pantliano, but what else?) Everyone will find out in the near future, but it will surely lead to a lot of gun fights and yelling, at least.

Source: Collider

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.58%
      Bad Boys 3 Release Date Moves to November 2018

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]One of the premiere action franchises from the last few decades is due for a resurgence. After Bad Boys and Bad Boys II made an impression on audiences in the mid to late ’90s and early 2000s, Sony is finally trying to get a third film off the ground. Both Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are scheduled to return for Bad Boys for Life with Joe Carnahan tapped to direct, but everything else surrounding the film’s production has remained in flux.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Originally set for a 2017 release, the sequel was eventually delayed a few months to come out in early 2018. The delay, according to Carnahan, was the result of busy schedules for those involved (mainly Smith) and their inability to hash out the script ahead of production. Now Smith, Lawrence, and Carnahan will have even more time to work on pre-production as Sony has once again delayed the film.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]As reported byExhibitor Relations on Twitter, Sony has decided to push Bad Boys 3 off the January 2018 date. As of right now, the film is slated to hit theaters November 9, 2018. As a result of this move, they have also removed the 2019 date previously attached to Bad Boys 4.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]While the easiest assumption to the reasoning behind the latest delay could again be the script, it very well could be Smith’s increasingly busy schedule that caused this move. Earlier this year, it was reported that Smith was being eyed by Disney to star in Tim Burton’s live-action adaptation of Dumbo. At the time of this report, it was revealed that Disney was looking to begin production on Dumbo around the same time that Bad Boys 3 was set to begin filming – which reportedly was in March. Reports indicated that Smith would have to choose which project would become his next priority, and this delay could point to it being Dumbo.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Now that the film has been pushed once more, it continues to remain a mystery just how much interest there is in seeing this franchise come back after over a decade absence. Franchises in similar positions over the last few years have not faired well at the box office, such as Independence Day: Resurgence – which Smith opted not to be a part of. He very well could do the same with this franchise as well as it appears he is the one holding it in its place.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Both Lawrence and Carnahan are eager to make the film, but with Smith continuing to put other projects above the next Bad Boys films, Sony could eventually get to the point of writing him out. However, Smith is the big draw here among those attached, so recasting or finding Lawrence a new cop partner may not be the best move. That said, Smith has a bankable role within the DCEU and is in line for multiple future appearances there. The longer he waits to make Bad Boys for Life a priority, the less likely it becomes that it ever sees the light of day.[/COLOR]

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.58%
      Bad Boys 3 Loses Director Joe Carnahan

With buddy cop movies making a surge of late with more comedic takes like 21 Jump Street and The Nice Guys fairing well critically, it is no surprise that a hit from the late 1990s and early 2000s is being revitalized. Sony has long been looking to get the Bad Boys franchise back off the ground, but the project has not had an easy time so far. Originally announced to come out this year, the project has suffered a number of delays.
      Currently, the third film, titled Bad Boys For Life, has a late 2018 release date attached with production eyed to begin later this year. With Will Smith and Martin Lawrence seemingly committed to the project, having Joe Carnahan onboard as writer and director should’ve kept things moving smoothly, but he has now exited the sequel.
      THR revealed the news of Carnahan’s departure citing scheduling conflicts and/or creative differences for the reasoning behind this move. Sony is reportedly already looking for Carnahan’s replacement in the director’s seat and could look to bring on a new screenwriter as well to rework Carnahan’s script. If he did leave over creative differences, the latter would more than likely take place.

This news is equally unsurprising and shocking all at the same time. Carnahan has been attached to this project for years and has spent a lot of time developing it to simply walk away now. Creative differences would be a surprising turn in development because of this, but it is possible with production looking to begin later this year that Sony just recently read his latest draft and it had taken on a new life.
      Carnahan exiting due to his schedule on the other hand makes a lot of sense. Over the past few months, he has become attached to write and direct a reimagining of The Raid with Frank Grillo. Most recently however, he has also lined up a writing role on X-Force that could lead to him directing that ensemble set to feature Deadpool, Cable, and more as well. With both of these projects looking to take precedence over Bad Boys For Life, Sony may not have been willing to wait a few more months for production to start.
      While there is a strong chance that the loss of Carnahan will put pre-production on hold momentarily, Sony finding a replacement quickly could still allow for the movie to begin filming by the end of this year. This will all depend on what happens now with the director, but they also must worry about Smith’s schedule with Suicide Squad 2 possibly approaching quickly and who knows what else. Hopefully this will be the last setback the project has, but only time will tell whether or not that proves to be true.

Source: THR
      Key Release Dates

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.58%
      Bad Boys 3 Could Still Happen; Has A New Writer

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer still has hope that Bad Boys 3 will eventually happen – and says a new writer is already working on a script. Will Smith has been an A-list box office draw for so many years now that it can sometimes be hard to remember that wasn’t always the case. Once upon a time, Smith was still best known as a rapper and sitcom star. That was until 1995’s Bad Boys, an action/comedy that saw Smith team up with Martin Lawrence to play Miami cops Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett, respectively. Bad Boys was a huge hit, earning over $140 million at the box office on a budget of $19 million. The two reunited in 2003 for sequel Bad Boys II, which also performed pretty well, earning $273 million on a budget of $130 million.
      Rumors of a possible Bad Boys 3 floated around for quite awhile afterward, but it wasn’t until 2015 that Sony officially announced that the sequel was officially coming, along with a Bad Boys 4. Joe Carnahan was attached to both write and direct Bad Boys 3, but unfortunately, progress on the project kept hitting road blocks. The film’s planned 2017 release date ended up getting repeatedly delayed, and a frustrated Carnahan finally left earlier this year. Recently, star Lawrence even said he doesn’t think the sequel will happen.
      One person who’s not ready to give up on Bad Boys 3 is franchise producer Jerry Bruckheimer. Talking with Yahoo, he said he thinks it will happen eventually and revealed a new script may already be in the works:
      “Well, we’ve been developing it for I don’t know how many years now and we had a period of time where it got pretty close and then it drifted away a little bit and hopefully it will drift back again. We have a new writer on it who’s working on it right now, so that gives me encouragement.”

It’s unclear who this new writer is that Bruckheimer mentions, as no new creative has been announced for Bad Boys 3 since Carnahan exited. It’s also unknown if the sequel is still going to be called Bad Boys for Life, as there’s been no mention of whether or not that name would survive Carnahan’s departure and Sony’s subsequent decision to remove the film from its release schedule.
      With both Carnahan and Lawrence having previously referred to Smith’s busy schedule as a major reason for the lack of progress on Bad Boys 3, one wonders if Bruckheimer and company might eventually decide to continue with the franchise without its original star, or perhaps with him taking a reduced role. That said, without the fun of Smith and Lawrence once again sharing the screen, audiences are unlikely to be very excited for a new Bad Boys installment.
      Source: Yahoo

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.58%
      Will Smith To Film Bad Boys 3 & Bright 2 Before Suicide Squad 2

Will Smith's schedule firms up as Suicide Squad 2's delay allows room for Bad Boys For Life and Bright 2. Smith has been one of Hollywood's biggest stars for the last two decades, and his fame is largely due to his blockbuster hits. His big break was Bad Boys in 1995, which he followed up with Independence Day in '96 and Men in Black in '97. While he's moved to some dramatic material as of late, his immediate future is once again filling his schedule with several blockbusters.
      Smith will next be seen and heard in Aladdin, but then will star in Ang Lee's Gemini Man. His work on both of these films is already done, leaving Smith and the multiple studios vying for his time to work out scheduling. Sony, Warner Bros., and Netflix all have major films lined up for Smith, and the order in which they'll come now looks close to being finalized.

The GWW shared scheduling updates on Smith's upcoming projects, with Bad Boys 3becoming the priority. Sony is reportedly gearing up for the long-awaited third installment to begin filming this November and wrap in March 2019. Once Bad Boys 3 is done, Smith will move on to Bright 2 for Netflix, as that sequel is eyeing a March start in Germany. This is all made possible through Suicide Squad 2 being pushed to a late 2019 window to possibly begin production.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that Bad Boys 3 is next up for Smith. Sony recently set a January 2020 release date for the movie. Smith will return to star alongside Martin Lawrence and character breakdowns teased several new characters that will be included. The sequel will be directed by newcomers Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, so this late 2018 start will give them plenty of time to get Bad Boys 3 ready for theaters.

Bright 2 meanwhile is going to be on track for a quick turnaround. Director David Ayer is returning to helm the sequel, but they brought Beauty and the Beast's writer onboard to pen the script. Joel Edgerton is also returning to star opposite of Smith after their chemistry was a highlight of the original film. The first film debuted on Netflix roughly a year after it began filming, so Bright 2 should be on track for a 2020 release as well.
      The delay of Suicide Squad 2 comes as multiple people involved continue to add more work. Director Gavin O'Connor is starting work on his next project with Ben Affleck later this year, which won't allow him to move on Suicide Squad 2 for a while. This isn't a problem as the movie is undergoing rewrites now that Walter Hamada is starting to lay out his plan for the DC Universe. If development progresses nicely, then Suicide Squad 2 could finally begin filming late next year and possibly hit theaters in 2021. Either way, Smith's slate is finally taking shape and makes for good news for Bad Boys For Life and Bright 2.

Source:
      The GWW