• Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Booster Gold Movie Writer Says Script Is Ready To Go, Waiting On Studio

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.84%

Booster Gold Movie Writer Says Script Is Ready To Go, Waiting On Studio

The Chicago Wizard World Comic Con has been running all weekend and the news and rumors continue to fly. The celebrity guests include Stephen Amell, William Shatner, and fan favorite Nathan Fillion, former star of the short-lived science fiction show Firefly and current star of ABC’s crime drama Castle.
      The idea of lobbying for a superhero gig is far from rare these days, especially since big budget superhero films are where all the money and attention are in Hollywood at the moment. Vin Diesel, who already voices Groot in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, has an ongoing campaign to gather fan support for a potential role in Inhumans. Meanwhile, Tyrese Gibson seems to have made some headway with his goal of playing Green Lantern. Now Fillion has expressed interest in playing the role of another DC Comics hero during this weekend’s convention.

An audience member at the Wizard World Chicago Firefly panel Q&A asked Fillion which hero from the DC Comics or Marvel universes he would most like to portray. As recorded by ComicBook.com, this was his characteristically witty reply:
      “I think I could take a pretty good crack at Booster Gold. That’s kind of my niche: show-offy, vain… I think I could handle that. Not too bright. I think Ambush Bug – you like that? A little bit off his rocker, you’d never see my face. But I think Greatest American Hero is due for a reboot.”
      Booster Gold is one of those superheroes that has gone unnoticed by the mainstream until this point, making his most notable appearances on animated shows like Justice League Unlimited, Batman: Brave and the Bold and Legion of Super-Heroes. The character was created by comic book legend Dan Jergens, who would go on for his memorable work in the epic Death of Superman story arc. Booster, whose real name is Michael Jon Carter, was born far into the future in 25th century Gotham City. He later moved to 20th century Metropolis and began his career as a world famous superhero, complete with endorsement deals and movie contracts. He is a blonde, shiny example of everything that most superheroes strive not to be.

He has made only one live action appearance in a small cameo on one episode of Smallville. Prior to their work on Arrow and The Flash for the CW Network, Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg were commissioned by the SyFy network to develop a Booster Gold standalone series. Needless to say, that series never ended up seeing the light of day, but a name like Fillion’s could really put the star power and charisma behind a character like Booster Gold and make the hero a household name.
      Fillion also mentioned DC Comics character Ambush Bug and The Greatest American Hero. Ambush Bug is a pretty over the top concept, but it would certainly fit in his wheelhouse. The mentally ill hero, known by his supposedly real name of Irwin Schwab, would be a role that probably only Fillion could make work. The Greatest American Hero is known to hardcore geeks as a slightly bumbling superhero that enjoyed a three season series in the early 1980s. His cult status and the comedic situations that arise while he tries to figure out how to use his alien given superpowers would also be perfect for Fillion. These are both great ideas, but Booster Gold is probably the most marketable route, if any.
      Fillion has a nerd pass to do pretty much anything he wants and fans will get behind it. The Booster Gold character certainly fits his persona – and imagine if they could cast Bruce Campell as the Ted Kord version of Blue Beetle, who is often found pairing with Gold. It could very well be the best buddy flick of all time. We’ll have to wait and see if Hollywood comes knocking.
      Source: ComicBook.com

--------

nathan's gunning for the wrong roles ! booster gold is a young chap and well nathan although can do a very good voice for this guy cannot seem young enough or can he !

Ready Player One

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      83.9%
      He can play whatever he damn well wants to and rock it

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.84%
      Booster Gold Movie Being Developed By Thor Writer?

Look out, Suicide Squad: the DC Extended Universe may have another offbeat, unlikely hero coming to the big screen before long. That’s according to new reports claiming that inside WB, one of the chief architects of DC’s successful TV universe is (or has been) hard at work getting a fan-favorite hero to the screen – after years of trying. It’s been a long time, but Booster Gold may be closer than ever to joining DC’s live-action roster.
      Not only that, but the project is being developed by Greg Berlanti – executive producer of Arrow and The Flash – with the possibility that he may direct. The project may still be in the early stages of development, but with screenwriter Zack Stentz (Thor, X-Men: First Class) handling script duties, the odds of seeing the character’s lighter, zanier tone adapted whole cloth seems high.
      The news isn’t exactly a shock to those following the character, as Berlanti, Kreisberg, and others in his inner circle have unveiled most of the mystery surrounding their planned Booster Gold series for Syfy, which was eventually sidelined and overshadowed by the success of more well-known heroes (despite a memorable introduction to the character on The CW’s Smallville). But when Stentz appeared on the most recent instalment of Kevin Smith’s Fatman on Batman podcast to discuss his episode of The Flash (directed by Smith), his mention of a mystery project with Greg Berlanti suggested Booster Gold was back in the works:

“Interestingly enough, I was working with Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Sarah Schechter – the amazing trio that make that amazing machine run – and we were working on a different project that I’m not really allowed to talk about right now.
      “Greg was becoming a new dad, which was amazing, but he was taking a little time off. So we had this gap in the amount of time that we were working on it. And Andrew came up to me and said ‘well, we don’t want you to be bored, so you want to write a Flash episode for us?'”
      Unfortunately, no mention of any character is given, and at first glance, a TV show/spin-off might be the most obvious answer, considering Berlanti’s ongoing swarm of DC Comics programming. But soon after the episode released, Devin Faraci of BMD confirmed that he had heard the same rumblings: a Booster Gold movie was being developed with Stentz as writer, and Berlanti possibly planning to direct (having spent so many years trying to adapt the character to the small screen, he’s probably more familiar with the character than anyone at this point).

And just like that, everyone’s favorite athlete-turned-security-guard-turned-superhero is back in the discussion for DC’s movie universe. The bad news: it doesn’t sound like his long time ally Blue Beetle will be making the leap with him (but that, as everything else, is subject to change). Of course, given how many stalls in progress are actually stated by Stentz, fans shouldn’t hold their breath.
      For starters, a Booster Gold property will always be a risky proposition, and the bigger the scale, the bigger the risk. Warner Bros. is obviously not afraid of uncertain entries in the DCEU (Aquaman and Shazam come to mind), but with Suicide Squad showing promise for being blockbuster superhero counter-programming, and Batman V Superman adding time travel to the core DCEU mythology, having a wannabe superhero travel back in time to when the Justice League first formed isn’t a hard story to envision.
      Still, it’s best to wait and see. Now that online blogs and fan sites are calling Batman V Superman a disaster, any rumor claiming DC or Warner Bros. are reacting with unconventional, comedic projects will be lent more weight than it would have just months ago. With The Flash and Shazam bringing fantasy and adventure to the DCEU, a man like Booster Gold may not be too far behind.
      So what do you think of the rumor? Does Booster Gold seem like a wise move for the DCEU, and if so, are Stentz and Berlanti the best ones to bring it to life? Sound off in the comments, and stay tuned as the story develops.
      Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice is now playing in U.S. theaters. Suicide Squad will arrive on August 5, 2016, followed by Wonder Woman on June 2, 2017; Justice League Part One on November 17, 2017; The Flash on March 16, 2018; Aquaman on July 27, 2018; an untitled DC Film on October 5, 2018; Shazam on April 5, 2019; Justice League Part Two on June 14, 2019; an untitled DC film on November 1, 2019; Cyborg on April 3, 2020; and Green Lantern Corps on July 24, 2020.
      Source: Fatman on Batman, Birth.Movies.Death.

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.84%
      Booster Gold: Greg Berlanti Confirms Movie in Development

Time-traveling (and usually egotistical) DC Comics superhero Michael Jon Carter – better known by his alias Booster Gold – is a character that Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl TV show co-creator Greg Berlanti has attempted to bring to the small screen too (since as far back as 2011). Over the past year, some fans have speculated that Booster Gold is a likely candidate to show up on the Arrow/Flash TV show spinoff Legends of Tomorrow (also co-created by Berlanti), all the more so because the character worked alongside Legends co-protagonist Rip Hunter in such comic book storylines as the post-Infinity Crisis 52 limited series published in 2006 (among other DC Comics narrative arcs).
      More recently, however, it came to light that Berlanti may be involved with development of a Booster Gold movie for the DC Extended Universe, with X-Men: First Class and Thor co-writer Zack Stentz having been recruited to put the script together. Berlanti has now confirmed as much to be true and said that he would even like to direct the feature, should it eventually receive a green light from Warner Bros. Pictures.

The Booster Gold movie confirmation from Berlanti arrived as part of a much larger (and more in-depth) interview between the Flash/Arrow TV series co-showrunner and THR. Berlanti was asked how he would feel if WB asked him to act as the “creative mastermind” for the DCEU, similar to what the Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige does for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (on the film side, anyway). He confirmed the Booster Gold news during the course of his answer (see below):
      It’s never even really come up. Peter [Roth, president of Warner Bros. TV] knows how much I love the characters, and I like being part of this universe in any way that they’ll all allow and are interested in me being a part. That’s the truth. I’m attached to a few films [at Warner Bros.] now, and one, Booster Gold, is a DC property. Zack Stentz, who wrote an episode of Flash last year, just got the job, so he’s writing the script now. I’d probably direct that, or I would want to. But I don’t see my cup as limited. I actually think some of the stuff we get to do on the TV side is richer, deeper and more like the true comic books in the sense that you’re always able to explore a new thing the next week and the stories grow wider and wider.

A Booster Gold movie written by Stentz and potentially directed by Berlanti should fall more on the more playful and quirkier side of the superhero movie genre, perhaps resembling an action/comedy more in the vein of The Flash TV show than director Zack Snyder’s brooding first two installments in the DCEU (Man of Steel and Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice). It’s worth noting that a Shazam film – starring Dwayne Johson as the DC Comics super-villain Black Adam – is already officially part of the DCEU’s slate on through to 2020, so it’s not as though there isn’t a precedent for another “comedic” superhero flick like Booster Gold to be added to the lineup too (should WB/DC ultimately deem it fit).
      Some fans has fairly expressed concerns that the DCEU is general is going to embrace a more comedic tone (or, rather, be “dumbed down”) moving forward, in response to the criticisms lobbied against Man of Steel and Batman V Superman. However, this doesn’t necessarily look to be the case right now; after all, next year’s Wonder Woman solo movie has been described as “pretty dark” by star Gal Gadot. Meanwhile, such in-development DCEU installments as David Ayer’s Suicide Squad, Zack Snyder’s Justice League Part One and James Wan’s Aquaman alike are looking to balance out their darker thematic element with more joyful (read: “fun”) superhero-based spectacle and interactions.
      That is to say: there appears to be room for upcoming DCEU films to embrace a range of tones, including something more light-hearted in the case of a Booster Gold movie potentially directed by Berlanti. Let us know in the comments if you agree/disagree, of course.

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
      is now playing in U.S. theaters. Suicide Squad will arrive on August 5, 2016, followed by Wonder Woman on June 2, 2017; Justice League Part One on November 17, 2017; The Flash on March 16, 2018; Aquaman on July 27, 2018; an untitled DC Film on October 5, 2018; Shazam on April 5, 2019; Justice League Part Two on June 14, 2019; an untitled DC film on November 1, 2019; Cyborg on April 3, 2020; and Green Lantern Corps on July 24, 2020.
      Source: THR

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.84%
      Booster Gold: Zack Stentz Confirms He’s Working On The Script

Warner Bros’ DC Comics Extended Universe officially launched earlier this year with the premiere of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, but the studio has a number of titles lined up to hit theaters in the coming years. From adapting well-known characters like The Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman, the DCEU will also bring somewhat lesser known heroes to life like Cyborg and Shazam – and they’ll join a film universe that will include the villain team-up feature Suicide Squad.
      However, Warner Bros. has two untitled DC Comics films on its slate and recent reports indicate one of those movies may be a live-action adaptation of Booster Gold. Now, Zack Stentz (Thor, X-Men: First Class), the screenwriter attached to the project, has confirmed the Booster Gold movie is in development at Warner Bros.
      During an appearance on Screen Junkies’ Movie Fights along with Kevin Smith, Stentz discussed his recent work on The Flash television series – where he penned the episode that Smith directed, ‘The Runaway Dinosaur’ – and confirmed the news of his work on Booster Gold:
      “I am jumping into the DC Universe with both feet, and I am at least, until they fire me, I’m gonna be writing Booster Gold — for the big screen, for all of my Flash friends.”

Stentz’ confirmation arrives days after he initially teased the DCEU project for Warner Bros., with reports claiming it to be a live-action Booster Gold adaptation. Additionally, DC Comics TV universe architect Greg Berlanti confirmed he was attached to the Booster Gold film at Warner Bros., saying, “I’d probably direct that, or I would want to.” However, given Stentz’ comments on Screen Junkies’ Movie Fights, the film is in the very early stages of development, so announcements of who would be directing may not arrive for some time.
      Berlanti, for his part, has been attached to a Booster Gold live-action adaptation since as far back as 2011, then in the form of a TV series. More recently, Berlanti was attached to a Booster Gold and Blue Beetle team-up movie. But, given the character’s comic background with Rip Hunter, many fans wondered whether Booster Gold would appear in the DC television universe on Legends of Tomorrow.
      Of course, Warner Bros. has yet to officially announce the Booster Gold movie, but the project could potentially take one of the two unassigned release dates on the studio’s DC Comics slate. Certainly Booster Gold, with its light and somewhat offbeat tone, may be a bit of a departure from the tone so far established by the DCEU. But, Stentz’ Booster Gold movie is still in the early stages of development – just as the DCEU is still only two films in to its slate – so how the hero coexists with his fellow DC Comics big screen counterparts remains to be seen.

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
      is now playing in U.S. theaters. Suicide Squad will arrive on August 5, 2016, followed by Wonder Woman on June 2, 2017; Justice League Part One on November 17, 2017; The Flash on March 16, 2018; Aquaman on July 27, 2018; an untitled DC Film on October 5, 2018; Shazam on April 5, 2019; Justice League Part Two on June 14, 2019; an untitled DC film on November 1, 2019; Cyborg on April 3, 2020; and Green Lantern Corps on July 24, 2020.
      Source: Screen Junkies

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.84%
      Booster Gold Movie Won’t Be Part of the DC Extended Universe

After three movies, it is safe to say that Warner Bros. Pictures and DC are still trying to figure out the model to make non-divisive superhero movies. Man of Steel, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, and Suicide Squad have split audiences, and one of the common complaints had been the darker tone that hovers over each movie. With Geoff Johns now leading the DC Extended Universe, the tone of trailers for Wonder Woman and Justice League seems to point them in a brighter direction. Still, if fans are looking for a light-hearted adventure with plenty of jokes, there was hope that the Booster Gold movie currently in development could fit the bill.
      Greg Berlanti has so far been the mastermind behind creating the DC TV universe (Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and now Supergirl), but has previously confirmed his involvement and his hopes to direct the Booster Gold movie. Such a project would certainly be a change of pace for the DCEU. However, it turns out that whenever (if?) the Booster Gold film does come out, it will exist outside of DC’s growing universe.

Berlanti was interviewed by Vulture and was asked about the progress on Booster Gold and how it would fit in with the rest of DC’s properties. His response is not likely to sit well with fans waiting to Booster Gold share the screen with other members of the Justice League. He confirms that as of this moment, his movie is not connected to the DCEU:
      “As of right now we have no connective tissue to those worlds… It’d be a separate thing.”

While this may be alarming to some fans of the DCEU and Booster Gold specifically, there is still plenty of time to change this. Zack Stentz (Thor) only started working on the script this summer and there are hardly any open release dates for DC movies until 2021. There are multiple other new projects in development at this time, so Booster Gold existing outside the DCEU could mean fans could see it sooner. If it does become part of the DCEU down the line, it’s hard to imagine the studio pushing this ahead of The Batman, Man of Steel 2, Dark Universe or potential sequels and/or spinoffs from Suicide Squad.
      Still, the idea of Booster Gold existing in the DCEU would seem to be a hit. Berlanti has proven his ability to create fun environments on TV, and Booster Gold (a wannabe superhero traveling through time) sounds like the change of pace that could help add different genre elements to this universe. Ezra Miller’s portrayal of Flash has already indicated the DCEU will embrace his comedic side, and Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man have proven that there is interest in funnier superhero movies. Including Booster Gold in the DCEU would not only make it easier for casual fans to understand why Superman or Batman are not around in this DC movie, but also give fans of the character the chance to see him fully realized on screen.

Booster Gold
      is currently without a release date.
      Suicide Squad is now playing in theaters. Wonder Woman opens in theaterson June 2, 2017, followed by Justice Leagueon November 17, 2017; Aquaman on July 27, 2018; an untitled DC Film on October 5, 2018; Shazam on April 5, 2019; Justice League 2 on June 14, 2019; an untitled DC film on November 1, 2019; Cyborg on April 3, 2020; and Green Lantern Corps on July 24, 2020. The Flash, theBatman solo movie, Dark Universe and Man of Steel 2 are currently without a release dates.
      Source: Vulture

---

why even make a movie of this than ? use these resources to make another movie which does have an impact on the DCEU

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.84%
      Zack Stentz Has Begun Working on DC’s Booster Gold Movie

There are a number of film adaptations of the DC Comics Universe currently in active development right now (Wonder Woman, Justice League, The Flash, and so forth), pretty much all of which are part of the DC Extended Universe that was established by Man of Steel in 2013. However, there is one DC comic book movie currently in the works that, until further notice, doesn’t belong to the DCEU continuity: Booster Gold.
      Booster Gold is a movie about the eponymous, time-traveling DC comedy/action superhero that is being produced by Greg Berlanti: the co-creator of The CW’s DC TV show universe that now consists of four TV shows (Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl). It appears that Berlanti’s big screen DC project is taking the next step forward, with screenwriter Zack Stentz having seemingly gotten started writing the Booster Gold movie screenplay.
      Berlanti recently reveled that for now there is “no connective tissue” between Booster Gold and the DCEU films, meaning the former doesn’t need to worry about fitting into the continuity of the latter – until further notice, anyway. As mentioned, Stentz (who has worked on Berlanti’s The Flash TV show and co-wrote X-Men: First Class, Thor and the upcoming Power Rangers) has now indicated that he’s developing the film’s script too.

Stentz posted the following photo to his Twitter feed (marked “Today’s writing inspiration”) and seemingly made a reference to the Booster Gold character with another Tweet – saying “The coolest guy in the room is usually less interesting to write than the person who thinks he’s the coolest guy in the room.”

Created in 1986 by DC writer Dan Jurgens, Booster Gold was the first major new superhero to be introduced to DCU continuity following the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths. Initially designed as a satirical take on the idea of the superhero-as-celebrity, Gold (real name: Michael Jon Carter) is a disgraced former football star turned museum security guard from the Gotham City of the 25th Century. Discovering a time machine, he travels back to the 20th Century, where he aims to use his knowledge of historical events and futuristic technology to act as a superhero – though unlike other heroes, he eagerly embraces media attention and commercial endorsements.The character gained his greatest notoriety as a member of Keith Giffen and J. M. DeMatteis’ late-1980s revamp of The Justice League; which broke with prevailing superhero trends of the day with an emphasis on humorous team dynamics and comedic-adventure storylines. There, Booster was frequently teamed with fellow technology-based hero The Blue Beetle (Ted Kord, the second iteration of the character created by Steve Ditko who served as the inspiration for Watchmen‘s Nite Owl); a pairing nicknamed “Blue & Gold” by fans.

Booster Gold
      is currently without a release date.
      Source: Zack Stentz

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.84%
      Booster Gold Movie Writer Says Script Is Ready To Go, Waiting On Studio

DC's
      Booster Gold movie writer Zack Stentz offers an update, saying the script is done and they're waiting on the studio to move forward. Reports of a potential Booster Gold movie first surfaced in the early days of the Worlds of DC franchise, what fans refer to as the DC Extended Universe. As early as 2015, it was reported Warner Bros. and DC Films were developing a Booster Gold and Blue Beetle movie, though the project has since split into individual films for the two DC superheroes. In 2016, Thor and X-Men: First Class scribe Stentz was hired to write the Booster Gold movie, with The CW's Arrowverse architect Greg Berlanti on board as a producer and potential director.

In the years since, there hasn't been much
      news on the Booster Gold movie. Stentz provided updates when he was working on the script, and confirmed hisBooster Gold movie wouldn't be in the DCEU. That comment was confusing at the time, but Warner Bros. and DC Films have since moved away from a strict shared universe model, with this year's Joker even being completely removed from the DCEU continuity. In 2018, Berlanti confirmed the Booster Gold movie was still in development, but no updates have been made since then - until now.

Speaking with
      Revenge of the Fans' The Fanboy Podcast to promote his new film, Netflix's Rim of the World, Stentz offered the first real update on theBooster Gold movie in over two years. The screenwriter revealed he'd completed a script that both he and Berlanti are happy with, but the project is currently stalled while waiting on the studio to proceed. Stentz said:

I do not know what’s going on with it right now, honestly. And I don’t know if the DC people know what’s going on with it. Their strategy seems to change depending on how […] most recent movie did. But I can tell you that a script has been turned in that the director and producer, Greg Berlanti, has proclaimed himself to be very happy with. And it’s something that’s ready to go, but DC and Warner Bros. would need to give the greenlight to it. The ball is in their court.

In the first few years of the DCEU, Warner Bros. and DC Films put a number of movies into development, but few have moved forward. As of now, the studio has two DC movies releasing a year through 2022, the majority of which are sequels like Wonder Woman 1984 and Aquaman 2 or spinoffs from the established continuity, such as Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) and The Batman. As for James Gunn'sThe Suicide Squad, it's unclear whether that movie is a sequel, spinoff or something else. This lineup - along with Joker and DC Super Pets - shows a diversity of tone and heroes in Warner Bros' Worlds of DC slate that could allow Booster Gold to fit in more easily than it might have a few years ago.

Still, it's unclear what, if anything Warner Bros. has planned for Stentz'sBooster Gold movie script. More recently, the studio hired Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer to
      write the Blue Beetle movie, focusing on the Jaime Reyes iteration of the character. It's been reported that Booster Gold may have a small role in the Blue Beetle movie, though it was too early in the development process at the time to determine their validity. But if the studio is looking to reconnect the Booster Gold and Blue Beetle projects through the latter's solo film, that may explain why there hasn't been any movement on Stentz's film.

For now, since Stentz doesn't know what's going on with the Booster Goldmovie and Warner Bros. is still keeping their plans under wraps as the Blue Beetle script is developed, fans will just have to wait and see.

Source:
      Revenge of the Fans