• Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 526 of 527 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527 LastLast
    Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 5265

Thread: Fiber 2 Home Internet Service by Fiberlink | Discussion (Read FIRST POST)

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Nerdy

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      3.98%

Fiber 2 Home Internet Service by Fiberlink | Discussion (Read FIRST POST)

Any new FiberLink user feel free to join our WhatsApp group ( way more active than this thread ) and Discord channel:

FiberLink Users WhatsApp

Discord
      Last edited by asaddon; 06-02-19 at 06:58 AM.

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      40.75%
      anyone in Model Town Lahore using FiberLink? Can you comment on how the connection is for you? Downtime and all. It seems that this thread has died down but thats cause of the whatsapp group. I do not know now what the current situation is for FiberLink users is and from the past posts it seems that they're real bad.

If any current user can shed light on this, id be grateful. Thank you.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Bored

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      13.64%
      I'm in Model Town Extension and had Fiberlink till December... They are inconsistent. Sometimes you get full speeds, sometimes not.... It's down once a month at least, especially around the billing cycle...

I switched to StormFiber and they offer less speed and cost more but there's 0 down time...

Depends on what you care about more ...
      Nibbling tasty corners is the high life...

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      43.25%
      hello everyone

Just a quick question.
      I wanted switch ISP, fiberlink is available in my area (Karachi), is the service good?

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      40.75%
      Internet setup Progress Report 1/4

Thought I’d give everyone an update on my internet situation/setup in Model Town, Lahore.

I have been using StormFiber for over a year and a half now and I am very happy with them. Zero downtime (at least not while I’m using it) and their HD cable is amazing!

I decided to get the FiberLink 50mbps connection even though its down for almost 20 days out of the year. This downtime analysis is based on information I’ve read on different online forums. My want of getting FL was based on their low monthly rates along with super high speeds of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Internet setup Progress Report 2/4

One-year payment for FiberLink was made on March 2, 2019. Team was deployed and connection was installed on March 14, 2019. Currently I’m running a 50mbps (FiberLink) and 30mbps (StormFiber) connection at my house. I will be downgrading my current SF connection to 10mbps and use it as backup for whenever FL goes down.

I bought a TL-ER5120 (Gigabit Load Balance Broadband Router). See link for details: https://www.tp-link.com/us/products/...TL-ER5120.html

This helps me integrate both my ISP connections into a single one, but there is a catch 22. It only boosts your browsing and P2P (torrent) speeds. If you want to download a single file off the web or something then it won’t use both connections to download it, just the one will be utilized. But that being said having an integrated 50mbps + 30mbps = 80+mbps connection speed is amazing.

Best thing about the Load Balancer is that it becomes the sole DHCP provider and you don’t have to worry about the other two routers interfering with IPs or subnets with the load balancer. It was very easy and fast to setup as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Internet setup Progress Report 3/4

The Dual Wan router will automatically switch to a single connection if any one of them goes down which is very convenient aka a fail-safe. This way I can ensure I am fully utilizing both my connections to the max without worrying about wasting any money. Also, there is always a plus of having two connections as your reliability of staying online goes up.

Here is a screenshot of a random file I put for downloading using Vuze P2P: https://i.imgur.com/SLumq37.png

Here are the online speed test results from early morning and evening today:

1. Between 2:30am to 9:00am you get double the speed hence the super high speed.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8120395251.png

1. This is the regular day speed I get.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8122021162.png

I am using multiple wired TP-LINK Archer C1200 gigabit routers around my house as Access Points for wireless connectivity. The APs have the same SSID and password but different channels so there is no interference and it does a decent job of seamlessly roaming. I have zero complains honestly. See router link for details: https://www.tp-link.com/us/products/...her-C1200.html

- - - Updated - - -

Internet setup Progress Report 4/4

I have an all gigabit setup as I have multiple devices, a network attached storage (NAS) and IP cameras that even when idle use over 50mbps of my internal network bandwidth. Hence the need for 1000mbps devices as the 10/100mbps would choke all the time. And with such an internet speed I’d never be able to achieve it on a conventional router. One needs to use a 5Ghz Wi-Fi to get such speeds.

I hope this was as informative and fun to read as it was for me to write! Though my FL days have just begun, I am optimistic that it won’t bother me too much given I have a dual wan setup. Fingers crossed.
      Thanks murtaza12 thanked for this post

Global Moderator
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      9085.71%
      Lv. Percent
      14.9%
      @aman480

Great setup.

Few questions.

1) How much was the load balancer?

2) Which device assigns private IPs within your network? Does the load balancer do DHCP for you?

4) Are PPPoE sessions for both your WANs dialed on the load balancer?
      Last I heard FL doesn't give ONTs, so that one probably is, but what about SF?

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      40.75%
      1) 23,000 for the gigabit load balancer.
      2) The load balancer does the DHCP. See screen shot here for WAN1=FL AND WAN2=SF. https://imgur.com/SJhv0bV basically the WAN2's ONT has its DHCP activated but it gets stopped by the load balancer so i didnt need to touch anything. My internal IP is 192.168.100.1 for the loadbalancer but for SF it is 192.168.10.1 and i can still access it without fail. its very convenient.

3) From the screenshot above you can see that im using PPPoE for WAN1 which is fiberlink and dynamic for WAN2 which is storm fiber. The balancer just auto detected the SF information.

FL is just a fiber optic modem so you need a router to get devices online. where as the ONT given by SF has all the features of a router. but its detected by the loadbalancer in dynamic mode so no issues there either.

Hope this helped.
      Likes murtaza12 liked this post
      Thanks murtaza12 thanked for this post

King Of The Kings

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      10.39%
      Quote Originally Posted by aman480 View Post
      1) 23,000 for the gigabit load balancer.
      2) The load balancer does the DHCP. See screen shot here for WAN1=FL AND WAN2=SF. https://imgur.com/SJhv0bV basically the WAN2's ONT has its DHCP activated but it gets stopped by the load balancer so i didnt need to touch anything. My internal IP is 192.168.100.1 for the loadbalancer but for SF it is 192.168.10.1 and i can still access it without fail. its very convenient.

3) From the screenshot above you can see that im using PPPoE for WAN1 which is fiberlink and dynamic for WAN2 which is storm fiber. The balancer just auto detected the SF information.

FL is just a fiber optic modem so you need a router to get devices online. where as the ONT given by SF has all the features of a router. but its detected by the loadbalancer in dynamic mode so no issues there either.

Hope this helped.
      What I've done is bought one of these from Aliexpress for $120 and paid Rs 3200 duty. I've installed Untangle UVM (you can use Sophos/Pfsense etc). I haven't yet bought another ISP to go with Stormfiber but this setup provides commercial grade stability and features including WAN load-balancing, webfilter, application control (to prioritize certain traffic), and OpenVPN.

I also asked SF to switch my ONT device into bridge mode so that I'm able to get an external IP on the UVM through PPPoE. Your setup might cause with double NAT which could cause issues with hosting servers on your internal network.

Do let us know of your experience with FL over a few weeks--the 500mbps connection looks very tempting. Please also post your speed results using an international server. Do you get full speeds?
      Last edited by hatim; 21-03-19 at 08:32 PM.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Nerdy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      3.98%
      Any new FiberLink user feel free to join our WhatsApp group ( way more active than this thread ) and Discord channel:

FiberLink Users WhatsApp

Discord

a.k.a Santi_Niazi

I am:
      Confused

PSN ID: TerraNova_93 Steam ID: steamcommunity.com/id/Santi_Niazi/
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      24.46%
      Any fiberlink user from FB area block 2 Karachi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      SANTIAGO MUNEZ