• Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 2 of 1109 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: .::The Official Mega PTCL Thread::. -- A Sequel Without Drama!! || [All is well!]

PG Soldier

I am:
      Amused

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63.25%
      Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
      Please read the first 3 posts, and post pictures of your modem's ADSL Statistics page.

Let this post be a reminder to all others to follow, to NOT post here without reading the opening posts.
      This is the statistic page. What snr is good for 4mbps. http://postimg.org/image/98v49gfmh/

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Busy

Steam ID: Str1k3rX
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      70.9%
      Quote Originally Posted by jamescolon View Post
      This is the statistic page. What snr is good for 4mbps. http://postimg.org/image/98v49gfmh/
      Higher the better but downstream SNR should not be <9.0dB. Your line stats are perfectly fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

$heeda Pastol

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      66.2%
      This is the statistic page. What snr is good for 4mbps. View image: Screenshot 2014 11 05 18 22 51 1
      The stats are just perfect. If you could tell me how often does your DSL desyncs (i.e. disconnects)?

If its once every 10-12 hours, then its fine because it resets the IP. (same is happening with me). However, if its happening every few minutes, or after every few hours, then try changing the DSL Modulation first.

Find the "DSL" settings (usually located under "Network Tools"), and change the Modulation from ADSL2+ to "ADSL2". Observe the stability. If you still face random disconnections then change it even lower, to "G.DMT", which offers maximum stability.

If it still does not solve your problem, then you'll have to contact your line man and ask him to change your 'pair'. @StrikerX can shed more details on this aspect.
      PakGamers Rules - Read :: Memorize :: Obey

PG @ Facebook | PG @ Twitter | PG @ Google+

Like a Post if it has helped you

For any urgent matter, contact at abobobilly@pakgamers.com (Urgent matters ONLY)

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      19.34%
      I think there should be a PTCL thread where members can vent and discuss stuff about the company. Let's not make everything extremely professional? Please?

The last thread was good. Discussion hona chahiay? Nai?

Khair that's just my opinion. And a request. Thanks!

PG Soldier

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63.25%
      Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
      The stats are just perfect. If you could tell me how often does your DSL desyncs (i.e. disconnects)?

If its once every 10-12 hours, then its fine because it resets the IP. (same is happening with me). However, if its happening every few minutes, or after every few hours, then try changing the DSL Modulation first.

Find the "DSL" settings (usually located under "Network Tools"), and change the Modulation from ADSL2+ to "ADSL2". Observe the stability. If you still face random disconnections then change it even lower, to "G.DMT", which offers maximum stability.

If it still does not solve your problem, then you'll have to contact your line man and ask him to change your 'pair'. @StrikerX can shed more details on this aspect.
      It disconnects likes every 10 minutes but it reconnects quickly but the problem is that speed fluctuates between 3.1 and 3.2 mbps shouldn't it be about 4mbps and the ping is about about 120.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      70.9%
      It disconnects likes every 10 minutes but it reconnects quickly but the problem is that speed fluctuates between 3.1 and 3.2 mbps shouldn't it be about 4mbps and the ping is about about 120.
      What disconnects? ADSL light on modem starts blinking or internet light turns off (or red)? Latency is a bit unrelated to your line, its more of an ISP network issue (slow browsing, high latency etc has been going on for the past few days now)

PG Soldier

I am:
      Lonely

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      75.75%
      i went through the guide and registered complaints for step 4, my SNR margin was 0.1db, is that normal or am i looking at the wrong thing?

Green Beret

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      70.75%
      Can any one kindly confirm is PTCL 4mb to 8mb Promotional offer is permenant or for a time being?

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      70.9%
      Quote Originally Posted by qaisarimtiaz View Post
      Can any one kindly confirm is PTCL 4mb to 8mb Promotional offer is permenant or for a time being?
      A promotional offer is never permanent (in most cases anyways)

$heeda Pastol

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      66.2%
      Quote Originally Posted by namsu99 View Post
      I think there should be a PTCL thread where members can vent and discuss stuff about the company. Let's not make everything extremely professional? Please?

The last thread was good. Discussion hona chahiay? Nai?

Khair that's just my opinion. And a request. Thanks!
      Venting time is OVER.

Kindly do what I said about DSL modulation. Change it to G.DMT ... observe and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyali2123 View Post
      i went through the guide and registered complaints for step 4, my SNR margin was 0.1db, is that normal or am i looking at the wrong thing?
      It can't be 0.1db, you must be reading it wrong. That's why I said to post screenshots people.

Quote Originally Posted by qaisarimtiaz View Post
      It's a temporary upgrade for 4Mbps owners to 8Mbps. I don't remember the rest of the details so you will have to search a little.
      PakGamers Rules - Read :: Memorize :: Obey

PG @ Facebook | PG @ Twitter | PG @ Google+

Like a Post if it has helped you

For any urgent matter, contact at abobobilly@pakgamers.com (Urgent matters ONLY)