• Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Thread: Transworld Enterprise Services (TES) - GPON - Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad

Insane Slayer

I am:
      Cool

Gamertag: None PSN ID: LoneFalcony35 Steam ID: mlture12
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      56.07%
      I am going to get TES soon in DHA 2 islamabad 20Mbps package. Hoping its as good as everyone's saying.
      You change your mind, like a girl changes clothes.

PG Rookie

I am:
      Stressed

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      22.49%
      Update to earlier post:

So after 2 days of internet outage and spending those days on re-configuring my home network along-with 40-emails long exchange (configuration-focussed, not moaning) with TES engineering team, both STBs and the internet are working fine now. However, I've had to be taken off bridge mode for this to work.

It appears that once you go with IPTV you can't have brdige mode on ONT. At least this has been my experience with Transworld so no idea if other ISPs can do this. To their credit they did try to make this work in bridge mode. I even asked them if somehow the ONT could be in half-bridge mode (e.g. port 4 on ONT for internet bridge and rest of the ports for STBs) or if there are some IPTV specific settings that I could do in my router but the engineering guy called me and said that this would not be possible. So important lessons learnt:

1. Try not to resolve technical issues in evenings on public holidays. I did the mistake of replying to their email that STBs weren't working at 7:00 PM on 1st day of Eid, I don't know what configuration they tried to do but the internet didn't work from 8:00 PM onwards. I had to reply to their emails via phone and suffer 2 days of outage before things were back to normal. From now on I would only try to resolve technical issues in mornings on working days.

2. The STBs should be connected directly with ONT or with switch directly connected to ONT. One of my STB was connected with a switch which was not directly connected with ONT but connected with a WAP in-between. Occasionally there was some stuttering on this STB and some channels didn't work at all. Once I connected this switch directly with ONT, the problems went away.

I would say their customer service response was not bad given the circumstances. The IPTV service runs great, channels switch fast and there's no "buffering" at all. It works like normal cable. Maybe other IPTVs are like this too but this is my first experience with this and it looks great to me. baller23 earlier posted the picture gallery for the STB and channel list here if anyone wants to have a look: http://imgur.com/a/qcpvA69
      Likes murtaza12, StrikerX liked this post
      Thanks murtaza12, wAnxTa thanked for this post

"You wanna **** with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" - *unzip

Global Moderator
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      4000%
      Lv. Percent
      41.09%
      Quote Originally Posted by sm00f 0pr8a View Post
      Update to earlier post:

So after 2 days of internet outage and spending those days on re-configuring my home network along-with 40-emails long exchange (configuration-focussed, not moaning) with TES engineering team, both STBs and the internet are working fine now. However, I've had to be taken off bridge mode for this to work.

It appears that once you go with IPTV you can't have brdige mode on ONT. At least this has been my experience with Transworld so no idea if other ISPs can do this. To their credit they did try to make this work in bridge mode. I even asked them if somehow the ONT could be in half-bridge mode (e.g. port 4 on ONT for internet bridge and rest of the ports for STBs) or if there are some IPTV specific settings that I could do in my router but the engineering guy called me and said that this would not be possible. So important lessons learnt:

1. Try not to resolve technical issues in evenings on public holidays. I did the mistake of replying to their email that STBs weren't working at 7:00 PM on 1st day of Eid, I don't know what configuration they tried to do but the internet didn't work from 8:00 PM onwards. I had to reply to their emails via phone and suffer 2 days of outage before things were back to normal. From now on I would only try to resolve technical issues in mornings on working days.

2. The STBs should be connected directly with ONT or with switch directly connected to ONT. One of my STB was connected with a switch which was not directly connected with ONT but connected with a WAP in-between. Occasionally there was some stuttering on this STB and some channels didn't work at all. Once I connected this switch directly with ONT, the problems went away.

I would say their customer service response was not bad given the circumstances. The IPTV service runs great, channels switch fast and there's no "buffering" at all. It works like normal cable. Maybe other IPTVs are like this too but this is my first experience with this and it looks great to me. baller23 earlier posted the picture gallery for the STB and channel list here if anyone wants to have a look: http://imgur.com/a/qcpvA69
      Thanks for the update.

I was considering getting Nayatel to put my ONT in bridge mode as well, but I have 2 IPTV STBs from them as well, so I guess not.

Insane Slayer

I am:
      Cool

Gamertag: None PSN ID: LoneFalcony35 Steam ID: mlture12
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      56.07%
      Quote Originally Posted by sm00f 0pr8a View Post
      Update to earlier post:

Bein sports and Star sports both in HD. That is amazing. It will show both PL matches and CL. Is IPTV available only in Lahore right?
      You change your mind, like a girl changes clothes.

PG Rookie

I am:
      Stressed

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      22.49%
      Quote Originally Posted by Netherdrake View Post
      Bein sports and Star sports both in HD. That is amazing. It will show both PL matches and CL. Is IPTV available only in Lahore right?
      I noticed there are some differences between the channels list that I have available with me and the link I posted earlier. I'm uploading an updated list here: https://imgur.com/a/Q6AX3K8

Few things to note:

1. I've got a different remote than the one shown in the earlier post.

2. Star Sports 1 & 2, TenHD 1 & 2 and Ten Cricket are not being shown at the moment. Not sure why but maybe this is because of the ban on Indian channels.

3. STB is sort of a Android TV box. I mean there is Netflix and YouTube, and these work, but the search function of the YouTube app doesn't work and (this is subjective) the Netflix app looks a lot less sleek than the actual Netflix app on Android and it only asks about the user profile on first sign in, afterwards it seems you can't change the user profile.

4. There is the Play Store icon in the Apps section but it doesn't work. The actual app store on the STB appears to be "Dangbei Store". I've uploaded its look and interface in the above album. It works for installing apps.

IMO the STB is really only good for watching IPTV. If someone is after Smart TV/Android TV functionality from this STB, these sort of work but not for me. I'd still use my existing MiBox for Smart TV functionality.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm in Karachi and the IPTV service is available. It works from the existing Transworld connection, so I don't think there would be any issues for someone who already has Transworld installed to get subscribed to this service.
      Last edited by sm00f 0pr8a; 17-08-19 at 02:28 PM.
      "You wanna **** with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" - *unzip

King Of The Kings

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      23.49%
      So I just got Transworld (50mbps) and running it alongside Stormfiber (30mbps) with WAN balancing. TW does NOT provide the advertised speeds on international servers! I can't even stream a video on Plex on TW. SF works flawlessly. The maximum actual download speeds are 400-600Kb/sec per stream on TW. Only good thing so far is the pings.

I have complained. Let's see what they do.

https://imgur.com/DsTuMjZ
      https://imgur.com/IL9KkRr
      https://imgur.com/k7jkL7j
      Last edited by murtaza12; 27-08-19 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Removed IMG tags

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      728.57%
      Lv. Percent
      91.22%
      Quote Originally Posted by hatim View Post
      So I just got Transworld (50mbps) and running it alongside Stormfiber (30mbps) with WAN balancing. TW does NOT provide the advertised speeds on international servers! I can't even stream a video on Plex on TW. SF works flawlessly. The maximum actual download speeds are 400-600Kb/sec per stream on TW. Only good thing so far is the pings.

I have complained. Let's see what they do.

Contention ratio. That's basically it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

King Of The Kings

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      23.49%
      The problem seems to have been fixed. Will report back after a few days.

PG Superstar

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      20.56%
      Quote Originally Posted by hatim View Post
      The problem seems to have been fixed. Will report back after a few days.
      Are you testing it on wifi or lan. If on wifi, then turn it off the wifi functionality of your TES router or any other wifi router you are using, than share the results.

Green Beret

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      69.73%
      Quote Originally Posted by murtaza12 View Post
      Thanks for the update.

I was considering getting Nayatel to put my ONT in bridge mode as well, but I have 2 IPTV STBs from them as well, so I guess not.

Hello!

I am sad that they couldn't make it work ... though we haven't used the STB or the IPTV service from Nayatel (get DVB-C), I believe it's just a matter of assigning the LAN ports to the "right" WAN Connections on the ONT ... using "Binding Options" under WAN Configuration???

Anyhow, if one gets user level 0 access to the ONT, then, one can try on their own instead of relying on the "technical" support!

Note: Anyone using Tomato with dns-rebind protection and using Nayatel's services like VOD can add "rebind-domain-ok=/streamfe1.nayatel.com/streamfe2.nayatel.com/streambe1.nayatel.com/" to the dnsmasq configuration without quotes ... other domains can be appended in a similar manner for any "local" domains used by the ISP!

Regards,
      Ahmed
      Likes murtaza12 liked this post
      Thanks murtaza12 thanked for this post