Bored

PSN ID: prohyper24
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      48.69%
      Quote Originally Posted by zainu View Post
      my phone snatched a month back, i am unable to track my phone at the moment
      though i have selected to lock the phone

my question are

1.Will it really lock the phone forever? just like ICloud lock? or this lock is easily unlockable?
      2.If the person hve done reset will the lock work or not??

@ashahzadpk
      1- No its not like icloud lock, it can easily get unlocked
      2- No the phone will be good as new after a reset.

Google introduce a new feature called Device Protection but right now its only available in Nexus 6 and maybe other flagship devices which was shipped with lollipop

PG Rookie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      61.3%
      Yeah I also found this thread usefull.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      87.1%
      Ok so can we recover android phone if stolen? i mean how.. where should we complain that my phone is stolen or lost and i have imei number. i think only iphone has this option to permanently block ur phone and make it dummy. na tera tey na mera chal wai

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Confused

Steam ID: mbk0076
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      23.24%
      Well a friend of mine, Once told me that we can track the lost/stolen phone using/giving the IMEI no of the phone, to the Cyber Crime agency, & they'll track it using the IMEI no & then get your stolen/lost back to you. Now according to him, he used this method, when he had accidentally lost his HTC desire phone, & then he reported it to the cyber crime agency. Who recovered his phone using the IMEI no. (please correct me if i'm wrong!)

Global Moderator
      Global Moderator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      2185.71%
      Lv. Percent
      85.11%
      Quote Originally Posted by mbk99 View Post
      Well a friend of mine, Once told me that we can track the lost/stolen phone using/giving the IMEI no of the phone, to the Cyber Crime agency, & they'll track it using the IMEI no & then get your stolen/lost back to you. Now according to him, he used this method, when he had accidentally lost his HTC desire phone, & then he reported it to the cyber crime agency. Who recovered his phone using the IMEI no. (please correct me if i'm wrong!)
      Technically it is possible, they take your IMEI, check what network it's registered to (this requires a SIM card to be in the phone), match it with the ICCID of the SIM card and then they'll use a bunch of different methods to track it.

Usually they won't go through all the trouble just to track down a measly cellphone, unless of course you know someone who works at ISI. [emoji14]

PG Newbie

I am:
      Confused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      57.2%
      Yes @murtaza12, you are absolutely correct.
      They really don't go through the hassle to track down the phone - though it is easier now because every SIM is registered to valid CNIC and no bogus SIMs exist.

I lost my cheap chineese phone in robbery. I reported to the police station and they merely blocked it. A few months later I found one of the dacoit in my friend's college hostel by chance. Fortunately the dacoit guy was friend of my friend who returned the phone back. He told that phone was of no use because no SIM card worked on it and no one in the market had the software to change its IMEI.

That's the big point and advantage of buying cheap chineese mobiles:
      اگر میرا نہیں تو تمھارا بھی نہیں