On Training

I am:
      ----

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      56.25%
      If PS3 was hacked then I believe almost everyone here on PG would have a PS3 since everyone here is a fan of PS2 then PS3 would rock their life but then it won't be much fun without Blu-Rays as we would be sticking to 9GB DVD's which won't be able to take much details like in Uncharted but if Blu-Ray was hacked it would be much better . But still I prefer PS3 the way it is in Pakistan but if Pakistan were to stabilize it's economy then the Price of Games would automatically come down !
      I being a PS3 owner enjoy the offerings that Blu-Ray has and am enjoying the high definition details which 50GB offers !

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: CerebralTiger PSN ID: CerebralTiger Steam ID: CerebralTiger
      Daily Activity
      1457.14%
      Lv. Percent
      80.25%
      I'm very satisfied with its current state....true, more people would've probably owned it, had it been modifiable to run pirated discs....but then, think about the benefits....with a modded console, you'd eventually get banned from free online gaming and being able to download demos for games that have yet to be released

These days, a game with an online multiplayer mode can keep you interested for quite a while....COD4, for example, is something that became a part of the daily routine for many people....then there's Warhawk, MGO, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2 etc....all these games provide a tremendous amount of replay value, all thanks to their multiplayer modes....and broadband internet is now a lot more feasible in Pakistan, so all you basically need is an ethernet cable (doesn't come with the 40 GB models)
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 16-11-08 at 11:52 AM.

PG Pioneering Member
      PG PIONEERING MEMBER

I am:
      Cool

Gamertag: Shyanide PSN ID: ShyberDaddy Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SHYBER119
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      8.9%
      Quote Originally Posted by CerebralTiger View Post
      I'm very satisfied with its current state....true, more people would've probably owned it, had it been modifiable to run pirated discs....but then, think about the benefits....with a modded console, you'd eventually get banned from free online gaming and being able downloading demos for games that have yet to be released

These days, a game with an online multiplayer mode can keep you interested for quite a while....COD4, for example, is something that became a part of the daily routine for many people....then there's Warhawk, MGO, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2 etc....all these games provide a tremendous amount of replay value, all thanks to their multiplayer modes....and broadband internet is now a lot more feasible in Pakistan, so all you basically need is an ethernet cable (doesn't come with the 40 GB models)
      I'd like to extend this. I am satisfied of course. Sure, its VERY expensive for an average gamer here but die hard lovers of certain exclusive titles or studios would still want to own it.

Also, playing on a non-modified console is something new for me and the peace of mind it delivers plus free online access is just too good to be ignored. The situation can get better if Pakistan is realized as a gaming territory and titles are launch here with appropriate pricing.

Problem is, the censorboard would kick in and there'd be severe consequences with games like GTA4, etc.

Wild Hunt
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

PSN ID: MuaazAsif Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MuaazAsif
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      39.95%
      ^ Great , a maulana is calling them consequences :P

However , I scratch my last statement and yes , I agree that it's current state is better . Because this gen is all about online . So , "ONLINE" is the only reason to overcome piracy . However , I'd like to see original games with proper release here in Pakistan for a proper price tag . That'd solve the problem and can put an end to the thoughts about piracy I guess .

Administrator

I am:
      Starving

PSN ID: Wajhi Steam ID: NaNoW
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      85.28%
      There was the time when the ps2 was "IT'' thing in everykids mind(mine as well)..but we have to appreciate the fact tht only a small %age of us live above the mid-lower class and not evryone can afford the PS3..

yes if blueray wouldve been hacked and even if the price of 1 hacked blue ray would be 1000 rs ,i think ps3 wouldve been rocking..
      but when we say tht ps3 is stable in its current state is not entirly ture for pakistani gamers..
      we say it's stable casue the ppl we are discussing this (e.g shyber, cerebral, muaaz ,etc are all ps3 owners, we enjoy our gaming alot) if we were to truly talk to other guys about this they would have a TOTALLy diff opinion, and cmon dont tell me tht u havent raised some eyebrows when u tell sumone i own and play ps3 regularly and love it .
      our thinking is tht we will rather buy a computer which can do multiple tasks then a ps3 which is primarily a gaming powerhouse.
      Now playing online is becoming the "IT'' Factor and ofcosure tht will influence a number of ppl towards ps3 but how many teens under the age of 17 will be able to buy it....i mean no one has a tree tht grows money(if u do just pm me:P)

but i love my ps3 and the comfortness of playing everything original and doing it the right way is one thing u shuld defently experiance(beats the crap out of playing pirated softwares) and the benefits u get are immense but i really wish tht the blueray (even if not hacked) become a lil cheaper for us and then we will see wat ps3 is!

Wild Hunt
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      39.95%
      ^ The point is , that the only PLUS Factor PS3 has to offer is that you get to play Online without any worries which increases the playablity of a game dramastically .
      You get to try out the Demos and DLC and what not .

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cheeky

Gamertag: DaddyDevil PSN ID: DaddyD5vil
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      7.38%
      well original stuff do give a peace of mind...you got warranty for it so you dont have to worry about a thing.And honestly,if MS/SONY/NIN see's us an emerging gaming market and release things official with special prices....2000-2500rs each game,im sure MANY would go for it.

We have a lack of every major support here Pakistan

Resi Evil 4 > Your fav game.
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Gamertag: CHANDOOG PSN ID: adnan791986 Steam ID: chandoog
      Daily Activity
      1428.57%
      Lv. Percent
      35.56%
      you got warranty for it
      does it even work that way for pakistan ?

King
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pgdesolator
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      60%
      The only reason PS is having a hard time is because it lost its exclusive titles. If you filter out the titles that MS have gbrought from the PS to the 360 then its a whole different scenario.

Wild Hunt
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      39.95%
      ^ I fail to see how that answers the question . Besides , exclusives aren't gives PS3 a hard time as far as I'm concerned .