• Yeehaw
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: The Walking Dead : Season 9 and Ricks departure

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      31.39%
      well the episode of ricks departure finally happened... as soon as i saw jadis taking about exchanges and stuff in the start i knew something like that would happen. this episode had a bunch of cameos from past.. nice.

all in all the future for walking dead seems to be looking better now

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      31.39%
      Walking Dead getting three TV movies featuring series star Andrew Lincoln

AMC announced it has plans for even more Rick Grimes

[Ed. note: Spoilers for The Walking Dead ahead!]
      Andrew Lincoln’s final episode of The Walking Dead TV series may have aired last Sunday night, but the actor isn’t moving on from the role of Rick Grimes, the show’s lead characterthroughout its first nine seasons, quite yet.
      Just after the actor’s final episode of the show aired, AMC announced that Andrew Lincoln would be returning to his Walking Dead character for at least three made-for-TV movies. These movies will be feature-length, big-budget films but will air on AMC. While it’s unclear exactly when these films will debut, according to the Hollywood Reporter, production on the projects will start in 2019.
      The decision to end the character’s involvement in the main series and have Rick’s story continue in movies, according to Walking Dead producer Scott M. Gimple, was ultimately made so that Lincoln could spend more time with his family.
      ”Rick Grimes is an amazing character and Andy has done an amazing performance. There were story ideas brewing that, as the years went on, seemed very compatible with continuing to tell the Rick story in another format that would allow him time with his family,” Gimple told the Hollywood Reporter.
      But, it would appear that Lincoln is not the only person that this decision helps. Gimble himself was made AMC’s head of The Walking Dead’s universe expansion earlier this year. These films will be the first attempt at moving the franchise beyond the two series, The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead — the franchises’ first spin-off which debuted in 2015 and had a crossover with the flagship series earlier this year — that are currently airing on AMC.
      While it’s still not exactly clear what stories these upcoming movies will tell, they’ll likely pick up just after the events of The Walking Dead’s fifth episode in season nine, which is the last to feature Rick — warning, here are the spoilers — who, after getting injured, blows himself and a heap of walkers up in a attempt to save his friends, barely clinging to life he’s found by Anne who airlifts him to an unknown location and out of the show. We also know that the stories themselves aren’t going to be much like the show. Rather than feeling like longer episodes of The Walking Dead, the movies will be self-contained features and will be more like major motion pictures, according to AMC programming president David Madden.
      The Walking Dead is currently halfway through its ninth season which started in early October. Since debuting on AMC in 2010, the show has remained one of the most popular on television — though the viewership over the last several seasons has declined significantly — and transformed into a multibillion-dollar franchise.

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      31.39%
      Andrew Lincoln Will Never Return To The Walking Dead TV Show

While Rick Grimes' story will continue, Andrew Lincoln is ruling out a return on The Walking Dead TV show. Both The Walking Dead comics and TV show are told from the perspective of Rick Grimes, a former police officer who awakens from a coma to find himself in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. Rick then had to lead his family and a group of survivors to safety from both the walking dead and brutal members of the still living.
      While The Walking Dead series isn’t a strict adaptation of the comic that preceded it, Rick always remained at the heart of the story. That’s all set to change, with Lincoln recently departing the show after nine seasons. While Grimes' death was heavily teased, Rick ultimately survived his final episode, and it’s since been confirmed a series of three Walking Dead TV movies will find the character having to deal with a whole new set of problems in another survivor community.

Of course, Rick’s departure is going to lead to big changes on The Walking Deadshow. While Rick’s adventures will continue elsewhere, in a recent interview with The New York Times Lincoln ruled out any sort of comeback on the series, stating plainly, "I can categorically say that I will not be returning to the TV show."

The actor also revealed he’s relieved he can finally talk about The Walking Dead movies now fans know the character survived: "It was a compromise because I didn’t want to be disingenuous to fans, but then, of course, I didn’t want to give away the story. But yes, I’m very relieved that I can talk about it now."

The Walking Dead producer Scott Gimple has stated elsewhere that while the character is returning for the movies, fans should know Rick won’t be coming back to the show. The TV movies are said to be bigger in scale, with AMC seeking to expand the universe of the franchise.

While Andrew Lincoln is never likely to return to The Walking Dead series in any major way, it also feels like a given that when the show finally ends, Rick will make some kind of return appearance or cameo. With the departure of its main character, fans will be curious to see how the show will function, and while ratings have noticeably dipped this season, both fans and critics feel the overall quality has been a big improvement on the last few years.

The Walking Dead season 9 airs Sundays on AMC.
      Source: The New York Times

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      31.39%
      Whoa the latest episode had talking walkers WHAT !

time jump happened, judith all grown up...

carol damn scarier than ever

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      31.39%
      season 9 midseason finale

ohh wow the finale midseason was a bit of a shcoker, i dont follow comics etc but this ones kinda big..

PG Newbie

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      35.53%
      I haven't watched the ninth season. The first four seasons were good, but then I lost interest

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't watched the ninth season. The first 4 seasons were good, but then I lost interest

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      31.39%
      oh my episode 15 damn man, this episode got so many deaths ! UFF anybody seeing this ?

PG Darth Vader

I am:
      Confused

Gamertag: DeAdlYxDeMoN97 PSN ID: DeAdlYxDeMoN97
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      75.37%
      Don't spoil it! [emoji44]
      I still have to watch the 12th episode[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      31.39%
      so the finale happened and well it looks like a change is coming to season 10.