• Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: [OT] No Manís Sky | Next major update is Beyond, brings "radical" new online component

They are dying YO!!!

I am:
      Devilish

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/faraany3k
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      95.23%
      Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
      Yes This game is on STeam, you can see the page and despite the whole ruckus it's still up for sale for 6 bucks lol although they've stopped censoring comments after the backlash now.

And no this is not OK, Steam owes it to their customers to provide a level of quality control and to set some standards. People shouldn't have to fight sleazy and exploitative developers on twitter and social media to get them to stop censoring their views about their games.
      Look at the player reviews. Why would anyone invest 6 dollars in that trash. See this is how community policing works. Show me what happened with BF4 on consoles?

There was a whole gametype I think Conquest was unplayable for 1 month on consoles haha and here 6 dollar game is scrutinized so heavily by community.

PG Juggernaut
      Team PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Gamertag: Gizmo the Gamer
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      94.71%

10/char
      Likes CerebralTiger, NaNoW liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: CerebralTiger PSN ID: CerebralTiger Steam ID: CerebralTiger
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      95.37%
      Quote Originally Posted by faraany3k View Post
      There was a whole gametype I think Conquest was unplayable for 1 month on consoles haha and here 6 dollar game is scrutinized so heavily by community.
      Conquest Large was "unplayable" on all platforms, including PC, because of rubber banding. I never experienced a single game crash on the PS4 version, and I've been playing since launch.

The One and Only

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.15%
      Quote Originally Posted by CerebralTiger View Post
      And are you aware that the 8th generation of consoles has only been around for 9 months? Are you also aware that most of the exclusives mentioned in the 7th gen list are first-party exclusives?

Your argument makes no sense at all.
      Do you realize that more games are being developed now then ever before?

Look at the trend of growth in release of games on just PC platform: Gamasutra - More games have released on Steam so far in 2014 than all of last year

Once again, my intended point, in simplest terms, is that the developers are focusing on cross-platform releases more then they ever had before. These developments will result in shortening of console-exclusive pool with passage of time.

When was a Dark Souls game ever console-only? Both DkS 1 and 2 are available on PC. Had the first one been only on consoles, and the 2nd one released on PC, your point would've been logical.

Don't confuse Dark Souls with Demon's Souls. That's a different franchise. Were we to look at it in that manner, From Soft's next title, Bloodborne, is a PS4 exclusive. Not a timed exclusive, but a permanent one.
      I am not confusing Dark Souls franchise with Demon's Souls franchise.

The developer of aforementioned franchises (From Software) began to develop games for consoles since 1986 but opted out of console-exclusivity strategy in 2009 with Ninja Blade, isn't this indication of anything? This developer have history of developing console-elusive games throughout its history but it is not ignoring PC gaming industry anymore, it cannot afford to because PC gaming industry is growing bigger with passage of time and it presents great opportunity for revenue generation to developers now then it ever had before.

Also, masses are becoming more vocal, petitions are already being made for release of Bloodborne to PC. We will see how long it will remain exclusive to PS4.

And I am sure that From Software isn't the first company to opt out of console-exclusivity and won't be the last.

Oh please, most PC sales are digital. Physical bundles have no impact on PC releases. Ubisoft's figures include sales for both digital and physical copies of Watch Dogs. Your point is baseless.
      I am talking about sales on consoles, not PC.

Watch Dogs was bundled with consoles for sales even before the release of the game. Result was that for every console bought, Watch Dogs also got soled as part of its bundle. This development also contributed to sales of Watch Dogs on consoles.
      Last edited by LeGenD123; 02-08-14 at 08:02 PM.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      40.41%
      @TrueCoolGuy

Thats a lot of misinformed conjecture on your part. Ranger Taffles and Legend123 pretty much covered everything I wanted to say.

I'll just say this though, the increasing support from Sony towards indie games can only be seen as a good thing, as opposed to the stringent rules MS places on them. However, you'd be hard pressed to find a better platform for indie games than PC, and specifically Steam. That has been the case for many years and there is no sign of that changing.

Except ofcourse, when MS or Sony "money hat" or "support" indie developers on their projects and ask for exclusivity in return. In that case an indie studio might rule the exclusivity deal worth taking. Thats how it works whether you like to believe it or not. More so than non-indie studios, indie developers want exposure and they do not like limiting themselves to a single platform.
      Likes LeGenD123, NaNoW, Ranger Taffles, JKhan liked this post

#InNaNowWeTrust

I am:
      In Love

Gamertag: Wor1dWideGamer PSN ID: Bugxy1
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      92%
      Two words , Stop Exclusives .

I see that No Man's sky is a going to be a great game !! when is the release date ?
      Indeed ,there is nothing worse than armed injustice -Aristotle <---Witness

Watch me repel that shit!

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.66%
      Quote Originally Posted by LeGenD123 View Post
      I am not confusing Dark Souls franchise with Demon's Souls franchise.

The developer of aforementioned franchises (From Software) began to develop games for consoles since 1986 but opted out of console-exclusivity strategy in 2009 with Ninja Blade, isn't this indication of anything? This developer have history of developing console-elusive games throughout its history but it is not ignoring PC gaming industry anymore, it cannot afford to because PC gaming industry is growing bigger with passage of time and it presents great opportunity for revenue generation to developers now then it ever had before.

And I am sure that From Software isn't the first company to opt out of console-exclusivity and won't be the last.
      I'm impressed with your amazing knowledge of From Soft's track record. You must have been following these guys for a while and know how they operate. Did you know that Ninja Blade was published by Microsoft? Did you also know that the PC version of that game was developed by ND Games?

From Soft's not a very complex dev. They've made games on multiple consoles and handheld devices. The only actual games that they've worked on that were for PC are Dark Souls and Dark Souls II. This isn't due to some ignorance or resentment towards PC gaming. They're a Japanese studio and PC gaming has never been big in Japan. They've never had a reason to develop anything on it so they didn't. And I wouldn't get my hopes up for them to make PC development a regular thing. Especially now, since they've now become a subsidiary of Kadokawa and have stated that they'd like to go back to developing more Japanese games, which don't have a market on PC.

I won't say we'll never see another PC game from them but considering their track record, it might be a rare occurrence. And the "Cannot Afford To Be Ignored Growing PC Market" is not a factor for them. They could care less about the market. They've been making niche games for almost 20 years. They only care about the content that they create.

Also, masses are becoming more vocal, petitions are already being made for release of Bloodborne to PC. We will see how long it will remain exclusive to PS4.
      You mean this petition? Oh yeah, the Masses of people just flooding the site are staggering. All these sound minded and reasonable signatures are sure to bend the cold hearted Sony to pay out of their own pocket for a PC release of Bloodborne. This will totally happen. Definitely. I'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrokiller View Post
      @TrueCoolGuy

Thats a lot of misinformed conjecture on your part. Ranger Taffles and Legend123 pretty much covered everything I wanted to say.
      How so? Gizmo said the same thing, and Raffles agreed to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by shahzadfootball View Post
      Two words , Stop Exclusives .
      Why?

PG Xtremist
      Associate Editor

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      75.75%
      Quote Originally Posted by TrueCoolGuy View Post
      How so? Gizmo said the same thing, and Raffles agreed to an extent.
      Gizmo's point is different from yours in the sense he's specifically criticizing "Early Access" and "Greenlight" quality and quantity control. What I was explaining in reference to your post was how there's no chance of No Man's Sky being buried or drowned under the "sea of mediocre titles". And I think Necro is also highlighting your take on dev's complete authority of showing whatever they want to, which is simply false. Steam's library is not some labyrinth where you'll have to look deep and far to find some games. It's all simple navigation and browsing with additional role of community reviews to help you decide.
      Likes Necrokiller liked this post

Watch me repel that shit!

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.66%
      Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Taffles View Post
      Gizmo's point is different from yours in the sense he's specifically criticizing "Early Access" and "Greenlight" quality and quantity control. What I was explaining in reference to your post was how there's no chance of No Man's Sky being buried or drowned under the "sea of mediocre titles". And I think Necro is also highlighting your take on dev's complete authority of showing whatever they want to, which is simply false. Steam's library is not some labyrinth where you'll have to look deep and far to find some games. It's all simple navigation and browsing with additional role of community reviews to help you decide.
      I was referring to the same lack of quality control of Greenlight. And what I meant about devs authority over what people say is how devs are able to remove negative responses about their game from the game's page. Gizmo also mentions this.

My point about NMS being drowned under the sea of mediocre titles might have been extreme. NMS is a game that would float to the surface though a start up in Steam Greenlight would not have done it any favors and certainly would not have given it the exposure that it currently has gotten.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: CerebralTiger PSN ID: CerebralTiger Steam ID: CerebralTiger
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      95.37%
      Do you realize that more games are being developed now then ever before?

Look at the trend of growth in release of games on just PC platform: Gamasutra - More games have released on Steam so far in 2014 than all of last year
      The article is referring to Steam Greenlight and indie games. Having the opportunity to self publish one's own game is a great incentive for developers who have very limited resources.

But, again, there is no correlation between the vast amount of indie titles available on Steam and the AAA first-party exclusives that come from both Sony and MS. Both console makers are and will continue to offer exclusive content for their respective platforms, just like the last generation.

Once again, my intended point, in simplest terms, is that the developers are focusing on cross-platform releases more then they ever had before. These developments will result in shortening of console-exclusive pool with passage of time.
      And once again, you're wrong. During the last generation, most 3rd party developers were already making games for PC along with consoles. Today, the term "exclusives" basically refers to a console maker's first-party lineup. And that lineup is not on a decline; never has been.

lmao so much misinformation in your posts, it's hilarious. Bloodborne is a permanent PS4 exclusive. Sony Japan Studios is publishing and co-developing it. It will never EVER go to any other platform. Period.

Watch Dogs was bundled with consoles for sales even before the release of the game. Result was that for every console bought, Watch Dogs also got soled as part of its bundle. This development also contributed to sales of Watch Dogs on consoles.
      Wait a minute, when was Watch Dogs bundled with every console? What are you even talking about? Putting a picture of the protagonist on the packaging does not mean it includes the game. *facepalm*

A Watch Dogs bundle was available for the PS4 on May 27 in Europe only and that too in limited capacity, but it cost more than the standard PS4 price (about the same as the price of the console + game). You say it like it was given away for free. Also, what about the Xbox One? No Watch Dogs bundle was ever made available for it.

Seriously, just stop. The more you argue, the more misinformed you sound.
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 03-08-14 at 02:52 AM.