I am:
      Happy

Gamertag: usmanwah Steam ID: 34240308
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      69.77%
      The voting system is flawed. Many people, me included, missed out on many of the big films that released last year. Including Life of Pi, Les Miserables, Lincoln and a few others.

One can argue on TDKR as #1 but Avengers at #2 ? And how did the Hunger games make it to the list?
      Likes maryfarrukh liked this post

"You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do." - Hashim Amla

#VitaBros

I am:
      Devilish

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      94.1%
      Quote Originally Posted by Ottoman View Post
      The voting system is flawed. Many people, me included, missed out on many of the big films that released last year. Including Life of Pi, Les Miserables, Lincoln and a few others.

One can argue on TDKR as #1 but Avengers at #2 ? And how did the Hunger games make it to the list?
      Dude, all of these have been on DVDScreener print for a long time. If you haven't seen it, the blame falls entirely on you

You ended up seeing Hobbit DVDScreener but missed out on others.

I voted Life of Pi as my Top 3 movie but not many people did. How is it flawed? At the end of day, i asked for everyone's vote and if people didn't bother voting for their movies or missed out on them, despite them being out for a long time, how is it our problem?

FYI, every movie from Life of Pi to Lincoln got a decent DVD quality print in mid January. There was more than enough time for everyone to see these movies.
      Last edited by DarkLordMalik; 17-02-13 at 02:16 PM.

PG Xtremist
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      72.75%
      Just enjoy these community votes no need to get serious over it specially since the sample size is so small

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      34.12%
      Good top 10. Though differed extensively from my own top 10 but that is the point of voting. Good job @DarkLordMalik.

P.S. What if this voting system is extended to include best actors, villains, dialogues and stuff...would make it more interesting, na?
      Likes DarkLordMalik liked this post

http://letterboxd.com/shahbakht/
      Watch films, not movies. There's a difference.

0_o

I am:
      Devilish

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      86.17%
      My list, as well as a lot of others', very well would've been different if HD/BD/BR Rips of Django Unchained, Lincoln, Les Miserables, Silver Linings Playbook, Hobbit and a few others had been released up till 15 Feb. Quite a few of us don't watch cam/dvd rips or screeners, I suspect.
      "Somewhere deep down there's a decent man in me, he just can't be found."
      Marshall Bruce Mathers III

PG Xtremist

I am:
      Happy

Gamertag: usmanwah Steam ID: 34240308
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      69.77%
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordMalik View Post
      Dude, all of these have been on DVDScreener print for a long time. If you haven't seen it, the blame falls entirely on you

You ended up seeing Hobbit DVDScreener but missed out on others.

I voted Life of Pi as my Top 3 movie but not many people did. How is it flawed? At the end of day, i asked for everyone's vote and if people didn't bother voting for their movies or missed out on them, despite them being out for a long time, how is it our problem?

FYI, every movie from Life of Pi to Lincoln got a decent DVD quality print in mid January. There was more than enough time for everyone to see these movies.
      Community choice awards, ah I get it. I'm not blaming the method employed for voting. Merely implying that these results don't necessarily reflect the true picture.
      We need to have a Critics Choice Awards as well
      "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do." - Hashim Amla

#VitaBros

I am:
      Devilish

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      94.1%
      Quote Originally Posted by shahbakht View Post
      Good top 10. Though differed extensively from my own top 10 but that is the point of voting. Good job @DarkLordMalik.

P.S. What if this voting system is extended to include best actors, villains, dialogues and stuff...would make it more interesting, na?
      Well, i have no problem with extending it, if people ACTUALLY vote . So, if there is more traction/buzz for this, we can try extending it next year

PG's Original Coolboy \m/

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      59.02%

PG Community Choice Awards - Best Movies of 2012

Everyone has their own opinions. I liked Hunger Games and hated Lawless and Zero Dark Thirty. Some people have opposite opinions.

Plus, many people haven't watched many high-rated movies. Such as I haven't watched Looper, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Django Unchained, Les Miserables etc.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk

#VitaBros

I am:
      Devilish

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      94.1%
      Django Unchained and Life of Pi, along with several other movies all are scheduled for Blu-ray release either in March or April. That is all after Oscars.

I would have never started the voting, had there been a missing movie . So there were no cam prints, every movie was available on a decent DVD quality print along with subtitles. HD rip usually takes a very long time. Like i said, every vote counts. Had there been more votes, the result would have been vastly different. That's why, i posted statistics at the end.
      @Ottoman: Not a bad idea but what if the results still end up being disappointing for others. It happened with GOTY awards as well