• Lonely
  • Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 323 of 829 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423823 ... LastLast
    Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 8285

Thread: The Movies Thread III: Watch, Discuss and Have Fun! No Open Spoilers!

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Nerdy

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      23.57%
      Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 117 View Post
      Yeah, elevated by that beat pumping soundtrack.
      i swear thats exactly wat i wanted to edit back then when i posted dis comment; the funny thing is even the word composition was same in ma mind
      Likes Spartan 117 liked this post

To help cancer patients in SKMH, donate Rs. 20 (excluding tax) by sending a blank SMS to 7770 from your cell phone.

Halfway to Crazy

I am:
      Innocent

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      55%
      Blue Is the Warmest Color - 7/10
      Watched it for the content, enjoyed it despite that. It's a well made film unfortunately the latter half falls short.

Saving Mr. Banks - Disliked it
      Not sure what I was expecting watching a film about movie I do not like.

12 Years a Slave - 8.5/10
      Brilliant.

American Hustle - 6/10
      Meh.

Rush - 7/10
      Great story that just ultimately has a
      Spoiler: show
      real life anti-climatic ending :/

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      27.29%
      Le Passe - The Past (2013)

The emotional poignancy of this movie can't be understated. The story line is so subtly maneuvered and the reveals come bit by bit, that you are engulfed in the lives of the characters. The story is a domestic one, but the rush you feel watching is equivalent to one you get when reading a Le Carre novel. The emotions are running high, the pulse is pulsating (?). Anywho, this is a worthy follow up to A Separation, if not equal to it. Berenice Bejo gives a performance to remember but it is Ali Mosaffa who anchors the movie. This is a great movie, for those who like slow burning character dramas, a little melodramatic but always engaging. 9/10

Life of Brian (1979)

Incessantly funny as you would expect from the Monty Python troupe. John Cleese for me was the best thing, hilarious. Now I know why this remains one of the most famous comedies of all time:quotable, with more jokes than running time and terrific acting. Now I don't set store by controversies surrounding movies but boy, this must have been hell of a fiery movie in its time. 8/10
      http://letterboxd.com/shahbakht/
      Watch films, not movies. There's a difference.

Halfway to Crazy

I am:
      Innocent

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      55%
      Enough Said - 8.5/10

Absolutely loved it, not a single dull moment.

$heeda Pastol

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63.32%

STEP BROTHERS (2008)

Two unemployed people in their 40s, sitting in their homes completely reliant on their parents, feel ... endangers when their parents get married. And then begins their War. The cruel things to they do to each other feel hilarious at times incredibly weired. Yet it gives the sense of truthfulness, making you think that it could actually happen. The feeling gets stronger when we see one brother trying to bury the other alive lol. That very moment when they are introduced to each other while moving to new husband's house, brought a huge smile on my face. And i said to myself "I better buckle up for the shit about to go down" lol.

Will Ferrel & John Reilly are two of the funniest comedians in Hollywood. Their acts are sometimes over-the-top, outright awkward, weired and at times out of the world. They actually co-written the story of Step Brothers, which they are playing themselves. Dragon's "Drum Set" was the main spark fueling the craziness, and it was gave me some good laughs. Not to mention the final "f*cking catelina wine mixer". (Will Ferrel can definitely sing)

Overall, it might not be their best work to date or might not be funny at all to some. But i like it because of its originality. Because it shows a real aspect of life, and definitely presents the "intensity" of such a relationship well. 7/10
      PakGamers Rules - Read :: Memorize :: Obey

PG @ Facebook | PG @ Twitter | PG @ Google+

Like a Post if it has helped you

For any urgent matter, contact at abobobilly@pakgamers.com (Urgent matters ONLY)

Lord of the First Order

I am:
      Cheeky

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      42.85%
      The Hobbit Desolation Of Smaug

Peter Jackson has admitted that the hobbit book is not strong as LOTR , that being said it is not meant to be split into three movies by adding filler's in it and trying to make it scary or more charming fantasy like LOTR was , cause LOTR characters were strong and every scene felt having some thing in it , in the 2nd part i found it quite long , the whole confrontation of Bilbo and Smaug and after that it looked like it was drag to much , Smaug moving around here and there like a hungry rat or some thing ,the introduction of taurel and bard was some thing of a good but it seems to me that making it a trilogy has made this movie little boring , i am thinking if he makes the third part so long to how the hell he is gonna fill things in it , i don't want to stare the big screen seeing rivers and sight's yeah the Effects are top notch but i am not a kid wanting to see each scene going for 15 mins it looks like things are getting repeat , the ending of this one doesn't make me to anticipate the third part as the first one did for 2nd .

Overall being LOTR fan .

8/10 +.25 for watching it cinema on big screen

8.25/10

Nothing will Stand In Our Way , We will Finish What You Started

sensesx

I am:
      Pensive

PSN ID: afeef_ranger Steam ID: sensesx
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      38.43%
      Can any one tell me the song name from movie runner runner , the song is played in the background when richie enters ivan pool party for the first time.

Closer To The Edge

I am:
      Cheeky

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      36.49%
      Thanks for Sharing

Story of three friends who meet while attending 12-step meetings to treat their addiction to sex. Mark Ruffalo and Gwyneth Paltrow chemistry was great. Movie itself progressed at a constant mid pace.
      Rating: 6.5/10

Off movie topic: over the years i have grown found of Ruffalo's acting as he delivers a calm performance. Some of the movie names include Zodiac, Blindness, The Kids are all right, Shutter Island, Now you see me and we all know Avengers

Last edited by FaridAhmed; 03-01-14 at 05:51 PM.

$heeda Pastol

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63.32%

THE THIEVES (2012)
      Dodookdeul

All for Money || One for Revenge || Everyman for Himself

I love foreign films. But the reason why I don’t watch them often is because they get on my mind real quick. I have done that experiment many years ago, still remember those damn films. Especially Jackie Chan’s Police Story series. And I am writing this after more than 6 months of watching The Thieves.

First of all, anyone comparing this with Ocean Series should just stop because its nothing like it. Don't get fooled by this poster. It has more focus on a couple of “Thieves” and the double/triple corssery involved. This is Korean Cinema’s own take on an action packed electrified pumped up action film, where the consequences to some of the thieves can touch the deepest of your heart. And it definitely have one of the brightest cast I have ever seen in a foreign film. All of them look outright gorgeous onscreen and lovely to look at.

Just like the slogan tries to explain an image, its all for the money and one is out for revenge. The later part has a heart & trust broken love story attached to it as well. Every character has a separate background & screen presence weighs accordingly. Chemistry between characters was outright stunning. And while it may seem highly comedic at some points, it still doesn't take itself lightly.

I am gonna be honest here. I am madly in love with the three women of the film. Angelica Lee, the Inspector undercover as a Thief. Kim Hye-soo, the recently released from jail thief, Pepsee … my favorite throughout the whole film – That face, just can’t forget it. And not to forget Yenicall, Jun Ji-hyun. Combined with a mildly amusing act and a “Barbie” role, she was the most entertaining character on-screen. Her cute yet direct expressions would make you smile at every 2nd point.

Very much adored the dignity presented by Macao Park (Kim Yoon-seok). No wonder this guy is an acclaimed leading actor in Korean cinema. Not once did he overreact, his expressions remained neutral mostly even between berserk situations, yet he said thousand words through that face and from those eyes. The ending explained that the main focus point all the time during the film, silently remained between Macao Park & Pepsee (Kim Hye-soo) which electrified the ending in an unusually pleasant way.

The action scenes are brutal, and at some points the stunts give you the vibe of a Jackie Chan film. Not in a bad way though, because scenes are choreographed with perfection, without giving you that over-the-top feeling. The Gangster, apparently main villain througout the film, Wei Hong was mentioned countless times, and as we get close to the ending ... he suddenly starts to feel like an actual nuke-level threat. And his character does deliver. Nothing more bad-ass than an action-packed villain with short but most satisfying appearance. His action scenes in that hallway gunfire made me clap for him.

I am not sure about you, but like I disclosed in opening paragraph, it have gotten on my mind and even after all the time have passed, i still remember this film vividly. By far the most enjoyable & memorable film i watched last year. Sue me for it, but i'll give it 10/10.
      Last edited by abobobilly; 04-01-14 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Correction - The Chewing Gun was the old lady not Enicalll.
      Likes K3yser, Ranger Taffles liked this post

PakGamers Rules - Read :: Memorize :: Obey

PG @ Facebook | PG @ Twitter | PG @ Google+

Like a Post if it has helped you

For any urgent matter, contact at abobobilly@pakgamers.com (Urgent matters ONLY)

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      Daily Activity
      2142.86%
      Lv. Percent
      90.84%
      @abobobilly saw this months ago, just when u think the movies over, the fun starts than great stuff
      Likes abobobilly liked this post

Page 323 of 829 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423823 ... LastLast