Don Vito Corléone

I am:
      Yeehaw

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      39.95%
      @opethian from my experience I've seen DSLRs perform better in low lit conditions and have better detail in their pictures than mirrorless cameras. I've seen side by side samples and I could easily point out pictures that were taken from mirrorless cameras. Perhaps the newer models are better in that respect.

Sent from my Moto X Pure

★★★
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      29.37%
      @abobobilly check this offer if you can avail it from Pakistan

Sent from ONEPLUS 3T
      Likes abobobilly liked this post

★★★
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      29.37%
      Quote Originally Posted by assasin42o View Post
      @opethian from my experience I've seen DSLRs perform better in low lit conditions and have better detail in their pictures than mirrorless cameras. I've seen side by side samples and I could easily point out pictures that were taken from mirrorless cameras. Perhaps the newer models are better in that respect.

Sent from my Moto X Pure
      What can I say ... But if you have compared latest mirrorless like Fujifilm XT20 Sony A6500 with any DSLR then you must be right

Sent from ONEPLUS 3T

$heeda Pastol ™

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.43%
      The D5600 offer is quite good actually. Because personally, I have my eye set on a D5600. But this digiworld, I don't like this way how there is only one mobile phone listed on the website and nothing else.

Also, in UAE, the online deals seem to be so much better.
      Likes opethian, NaNoW liked this post

PakGamers Rules - Read :: Memorize :: Obey

PG @ Facebook | PG @ Twitter | PG @ Google+

Like a Post if it has helped you

For any urgent matter, contact at abobobilly@pakgamers.com (Urgent matters ONLY)

Administrator

I am:
      Starving

PSN ID: Wajhi Steam ID: NaNoW
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      11.57%
      @abobobilly so with mirrorless and DSLR there technically shouldnt be any difference..i.e most dslr compareable mirrorless are using the same sensor, lens setup and processor..that being said, I would still suggest for a DSLR for a beginner. The reason being, the availability of lenses.

Think of the body of the camera as true investment..and lens being the plug and play feature. Get that Nikon 5600 with 18-55 and let your family member become comfortable with it and utilizing it..and then you can gift him/her lenses later on.
      Likes abobobilly liked this post

$heeda Pastol ™

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.43%
      Hokay. So after much thought, i have placed an order for a Nikon D5600. What made me this choose this? Well, after A LOT of reading, i can't really see a good alternative to it. Plus, it's a newer model. The price i'm paying is kind of a bargain, considering the actual price for a body only is like, USD $700, which is a little over AED 2500,, which is like PKR 73000.

I got the following deal with one lens (an ordinary one, though) for just AED 2279, which is like USD $620 i.e. around PKR 65000.

Link: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
      [Problem with Imgur sharing?]

Now, i haven't bought any accessory yet. But soon, Inshallah (probably with next salary ) I will get the following:
      1. Sigma 35mm F1.4DG SM - Too many praises for this. OR
      1.1. Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art -- Do let me know if there is any other choice better (or cheaper) than this.

2. A SD Card 128GB (or 256GB) UHS-1, depending upon the price. (A UHS-2 card will run at UHS-1 speeds in Nikon D5600 anyway so i guess no need to spend extra).
      3. Extra pair of batteries
      4. A handbag
      5. A tripod or a proper photography stand.

Pretty sure the actual expense will be more than PKR 150,000, but it is what it is.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Link to the deal for those curious, or are in MiddleEast: Nikon D5600 AF-P 18-55mm 3.5-5.6G VR Lens Kit - 24.2 MP DSLR Camera, price, review and buy in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and rest of United Arab Emirates | Souq.com
      Last edited by abobobilly; 11-07-17 at 03:51 PM.
      Likes NaNoW liked this post

For any urgent matter, contact at abobobilly@pakgamers.com (Urgent matters ONLY)

$heeda Pastol ™

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.43%
      Quote Originally Posted by NaNoW View Post
      @abobobilly so with mirrorless and DSLR there technically shouldnt be any difference..i.e most dslr compareable mirrorless are using the same sensor, lens setup and processor..that being said, I would still suggest for a DSLR for a beginner. The reason being, the availability of lenses.

Think of the body of the camera as true investment..and lens being the plug and play feature. Get that Nikon 5600 with 18-55 and let your family member become comfortable with it and utilizing it..and then you can gift him/her lenses later on.
      True. Wherever i read about DSLR and DSLM, portability and video shooting are the main preferable features of the later. Personally, i would've chosen a DSLM, since i have used a lot of cameras, and portability, at this point in life, is a HUGE factor for me. However, the person who'll be receiving it, likes to own BIG cameras. The likes of Professional photographers, with huge lenses hanging out, You know, to look cool. Once that 'coolness' is worn off, only then i'll see the real talent, which i'm sure is there. THEN comes the 'tech advancement' section of gifts.

Anyway, i have already purchased a Nikon D5600. Inshallah will get it either tomorrow or after tomorrow. May share some pics. Would've preferred a purchase directly in Pakistan, but the absurd prices are one of the reasons i don't want to. I will send it with someone going to Lahore PK, but it may take a while.

To all the people who contributed to this, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Really appreciate the time and effort.

Administrator

I am:
      Starving

PSN ID: Wajhi Steam ID: NaNoW
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      11.57%
      Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
      True. Wherever i read about DSLR and DSLM, portability and video shooting are the main preferable features of the later. Personally, i would've chosen a DSLM, since i have used a lot of cameras, and portability, at this point in life, is a HUGE factor for me. However, the person who'll be receiving it, likes to own BIG cameras. The likes of Professional photographers, with huge lenses hanging out, You know, to look cool. Once that 'coolness' is worn off, only then i'll see the real talent, which i'm sure is there. THEN comes the 'tech advancement' section of gifts.

Anyway, i have already purchased a Nikon D5600. Inshallah will get it either tomorrow or after tomorrow. May share some pics. Would've preferred a purchase directly in Pakistan, but the absurd prices are one of the reasons i don't want to. I will send it with someone going to Lahore PK, but it may take a while.

To all the people who contributed to this, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Really appreciate the time and effort.
      okey, so the shipping address is saarbruker strasse 38a, Berlin Germany

$heeda Pastol ™

I am:
      Pensive

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.43%
      Quote Originally Posted by NaNoW View Post
      okey, so the shipping address is saarbruker strasse 38a, Berlin Germany
      One day NaNoW, ONE DAY ...

But family is first ...
      Likes NaNoW liked this post