Gamertag: Usama117 PSN ID: Usama117 Steam ID: Usama117
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      73.29%

My foray into 3D world [Samsung UA32ES6200 SMART LED TV]

hello PG
      how is the first Roza going?mine is not so gud rite nw becoz i spent my morning finding and then arguing for the item whose unboxing thread u are in and it has taken its toll on my energy levels so without any further delay lets get to the actual business

this is a 32" model of Samsung's latest (summer 2012 lineup)of 3D smart LED TVs.i was lucky enough to find a 32" model as my budget was very limited and needed one for my computer+console gaming solution hence no space for 40" and above.before we get to the pics i would like to thank @CerebralTiger for all his time,help and constant feedback.i was a total n00b in the market of 3D TVs and not only did he helped me finding one tailored for my needs but also gave me detailed explanation on various 3D technologies and stuff.nw the pics finally,

The TV and Pair of 3D glasses

Had to buy these separately as they don't come with the 32" model.

Probably the most comfortable in Active Shutter category and i wear them over my prescribed spectacles.

Much better than Assembled in Pakistan and it shows trust me.

Lots of options for connectivity.

Soon il be able to put my GTX560Ti to some proper use

The SMART side of this TV which quite frankly i wont be using much

so thats abt it guys.in this small amount of time, i was able to check GeOW3 in 3D and so far it looked mind blowing although 3D settings need fine tuning.also its kinda hard getting used to this TV's input delay+response time as i had a vry fast LCD monitor before.still this TV works vry well under Gaming profile.i knw il be needing a lot of calibration here and there to get most out of it but hey...baby steps man

thanks ya all for visiting and giving LIKES and have a nice Iftari.

[UPDATE] thanks to CT again, i have finally eliminated 99% of that annoying input delay problem.the trick is to label the HDMI input to "PC" and voila.instant elimination of annoying delays plus nice boost in image quality
      this is a vry nifty feature introduced in the newer line-up of Samsung SMART TVs so anyone else not getting satisfied with the PC performance on their Samsung TVs should first update their TV's firmware and then try my solution.it works trust me
      Last edited by Journeys End; 09-08-12 at 12:15 AM.

Devilz Mafia

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.5%
      And I'm thinking that what's so good in Samsung that you can't find in Sony, even after all through that feedback.

PG Veteran

I am:
      Happy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      75.5%
      Nice Purchase.........Congratz Bro

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: CerebralTiger PSN ID: CerebralTiger Steam ID: CerebralTiger
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      29.83%
      Many many congrats JE!

The panel looks fantastic, and so do those active shutter glasses!

also its kinda hard getting used to this TV's input delay+response time as i had a vry fast LCD monitor before.still this TV work vry well under Gaming profile.i knw il be needing a lot of calibration here and there to get most out of it
      Yup, the game mode + some tweaking around with the settings is going to bring the input delay to a much better level. You basically need to turn all the extra processing options off.
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 21-07-12 at 07:07 PM.
      Likes Journeys End, Atomic Runner liked this post

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      69.32%
      Congrats bro also share the price

No Compromises!

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: Usama117 PSN ID: Usama117 Steam ID: Usama117
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      73.29%
      Quote Originally Posted by Ali Man View Post
      And I'm thinking that what's so good in Samsung that you can't find in Sony, even after all through that feedback.
      the only TV that fit my budget was 32" EX720 and frankly this ones a better option among the 2

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      29.83%
      Most 1st and 2nd generation Sony 3DTVs suffer from a greater amount of 3D crosstalk as compared to Samsung 3DTVs. They have their own strengths, but crosstalk isn't one of them.

Besides, the only Sony 3DTVs currently available in the 32" panel range are the EX720 and HX750 models, out of which the latter isn't available in Pakistan as yet.
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 21-07-12 at 07:31 PM.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Stressed

Gamertag: saaddawra
      Daily Activity
      714.29%
      Lv. Percent
      50.49%
      Congrats nice, if you could emphasis more on whether the smart apps are useful or not and share the price would be nice

Devilz Mafia

I am:
      ----

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.5%
      Quote Originally Posted by CerebralTiger View Post
      Most 1st and 2nd generation Sony 3DTVs suffer from a greater amount of 3D crosstalk as compared to the Samsung 3DTVs. They have their own strengths, but crosstalk isn't one of them.
      Greater crosstalk you say but Samsung doesn't completely eliminate it. This is actually a disadvantage in 3D itself rather than the TV itself, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Journeys End View Post
      the only TV that fit my budget was 32" EX720 and frankly this ones a better option among the 2
      And you know that because you compared it side to side?

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      29.83%
      Greater crosstalk you say but Samsung doesn't completely eliminate it. This is actually a disadvantage in 3D itself rather than the TV itself, if you ask me.
      Yes, it is an issue with the 3D tech itself. Which is why it's important to get the TV that does a better job of tackling it.

Some panels are fast enough to maintain better synchronization with the active shutter glasses, while others are not. Plus, Samsung's 3D glasses are synced via bluetooth, whereas Sony 3D glasses are synced via Infrared. Makes a lot of difference.
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 21-07-12 at 07:45 PM.