• Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WII-U / Switch thread !

PG's Original Coolboy \m/

I am:
      Amused

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      41.41%
      ^Lol, have you seen something different?
      Cause, IMO does not look like a PS Vita at all.

lethargic procrastinator

I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      10.95%
      Quote Originally Posted by CB Bhallu TC View Post
      Wii U does 'a lot of cool new things', Gearbox claims

Despite strict orders not to discuss the Wii U in detail publicly, Gearbox has not been shy in expressing their positive opinion of Nintendo's new console.
      Speaking to Eurogamer, senior producer Brian Burleson described the Wii U as a "powerful, powerful machine" that can do a lot of "cool new things".
      The words echo comments made by Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford who said, earlier this month, that the Wii U has "so much more to offer" than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 counterparts.
      Like Pitchford, Brian Burleson also believes Aliens: Colonial Marines will be better on the Wii U than on the PS3 and Xbox 360 because of "more modern tech".

Outside of the Wii U's power, which is "one thing I can't talk about", he said, Burleson was optimistic about the system's unique features - like the tablet controller for instance.
      "[Creating the Wii U version] has been pretty easy," he told Eurogamer. "The Wii U is a powerful, powerful machine and it can do a lot of cool new things. And so the game itself, moving it over to work on the Wii U was not much of a chore. "

"Now the interesting thing is finding out all the cool ways you can use the controller to do new stuff with it. You can imagine all the cool things we can do, with this franchise and having a thing with you, right?"
      Gearbox previously hinted of plans to have Aliens' famous motion tracker displayed on the Wii U controller's touch screen controller, alerting players of surrounding xenomorphs. According to the interview, there are other Wii U applications that Gearbox plans to use for Aliens, though details couldn't be divulged.

"You can imagine some cool features, for sure," Burleson said. "It's not hard to imagine some cool features."

One thing, that came as a bit of surprise, was Burleson's statements regarding the Aliens looking "better" visually on the Wii U than on the Xbox 360 and PS3 because of "more modern tech". This, of course, is in stark contrast to previous rumors we heard from unnamed sources that claimed the Wii U's graphics are "not as powerful" as current consoles.

Unfortunately, we'll "have to wait and see," Burleson teased. "Just trust me on that one," he concluded.

It won't be long. With E3 right around the corner, Nintendo will unveil the final Wii U design and hopefully some launch titles and plans.

For full report
      It would only be acceptable if it has HD graphics far better than 8years old 360.

What does he meant by cool features? well i guess we will have to wait for E3. Patience boy patience!
      Likes AsadAbrar liked this post

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0.56%

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: CerebralTiger PSN ID: CerebralTiger Steam ID: CerebralTiger
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      46.88%
      Hah! Nintendo's first-party lineup is strong enough to sell its console. It's in a league of its own.
      Last edited by CerebralTiger; 29-05-12 at 05:21 PM.

PG Juggernaut
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Amused

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0.56%
      Like the Wii which was only strong enough to make people buy Core i7s to emulate the superior versions hahahahaha.
      Last edited by Necrokiller; 29-05-12 at 10:39 PM.

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Fine

Gamertag: CerebralTiger PSN ID: CerebralTiger Steam ID: CerebralTiger
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      46.88%
      Except that there aren't any 'superior' versions in this case, so Core i7s are useless.

R e |3 e L

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63%
      Whatever, atleast you guys started communicating publicy again

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.53%
      Nintendo's Star Fox-Metroid Mashup from Retro Studios is a No-Go

Last week's rumor of a potential team-up between two of Nintendo's star franchises have been put to rest by the person who first reported it.

The Paul Gale Network blog posted a report that Retro Studios was working on a title that would pair both Nintendo worlds in a dual adventure title for their Wii U console tentatively called "Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga". Earlier today, the blog reported that may have been one of the ideas considered by Nintendo and Retro Studios at some time, but it won't be appearing at the upcoming E3 and it won't come to fruition anytime soon.

"This game is not what Retro Studios is currently working on and it will not make an appearance at E3 next week. Now depending on what side of the fence you were on in regards to whether or not you wanted this game to be real is where this news might be personally good or bad to you. If you hated the idea, then rest assured that the game isn’t happening. If you liked the idea, then at least I can leave you with a bit of cushioning."
      He noted, however, the idea may still has a window of opportunity either in its original form or something that features the two "crossing paths in a more unified Nintendo universe," but he still claims we won't see it anytime soon.

Paul Gale Network: Confirmed status update on Retro Studios making "Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga" for Wii U, rumors put to rest

---------

ITS a no go ppl

BriNg IT oN

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      44.33%
      Nintendo holding a conference on 3rd june to show wii u hardware. we will know if it can run unreal engine 4 very soon
      Could you be THE LAST OF US?

PG Juggernaut

I am:
      Cheeky

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      59.75%
      i am very excited to see wii u and more excited to see unreal engine 4 on wii u