View RSS Feed

Thoughts of the schizophrenic

No.335139

Rate this Entry
Sipahi Maqbool Hussain of Azad Kashmir Regiment was declared missing on August 20, 1965 during Operation Gibraltar in Srinagar Area, his relatives said. He was understood to be have been martyred. Forty years later, he crossed the Wagah border in exchange for civilian prisoners. A far cry from the tall, well-built soldier he once was, mentally disoriented, his tongue cut, was presumed to be a fisherman like the rest of the group who returned with him. On the homecoming of the soldier, neither his parents, nor his brother of Tarrar Khal on September 17, were in this world to receive him. In his saner moments, he kept writing "No.335139" whenever he was questioned about his identity. Weeks later, officials, realizing the significance of the number, handed him over to the military, under whose care he has been for the past two years.Now he is spending his life under the care of pak Army.Still drifting between sanity and insanity,this man somehow survived fourth years of imprisonment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sipahi_Maqbool_Hussain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiitj...layer_embedded
3 Likes, 0 Thanks
Likes docfrog, CoolMyPc, smaadjahangir liked this post
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Poor guy. It really hurts when someone like him don't have a family left to take care of him
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    There was a PTV drama made on him. Sipahi Maqbool Hussain. I remember this news created quite a stir in the media and the Army COAS personally met him and organized a show in his honour.
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    actually i met him personally. I and my father went to a tyre shop to purchase tyre. And he was there. He was the father of the owner of the shop. At first i did not recognise him but later i was shocked know about him. i feel so much sorry for him and his miserable condition. btw his son family take much care of him. the tyre shop was in faysal town near akbar chowk
    1 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Likes CoolMyPc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by cross rip
    actually i met him personally. I and my father went to a tyre shop to purchase tyre. And he was there. He was the father of the owner of the shop. At first i did not recognise him but later i was shocked know about him. i feel so much sorry for him and his miserable condition. btw his son family take much care of him. the tyre shop was in faysal town near akbar chowk
    Thats is actually good news that he still has some family....
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    the fact is indians hate muslims in general and pakistani's in particular while on the other hand we are chanting the slogans of aman ki asha.those are are living in this pak sarzameen are thank less pieces of shit who try to copy indian as much as possible. they are like that dhobi ka kutta jo na ghar ka na ghat ka
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    *Salutes*

short
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Life didn't treat him nice. Unfortunate.
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Maqbool Hussain still prefers to sleep on the floor, shies away from bright lights and inhabits only a small dark corner of the large VIP suite that President Musharraf has allotted to him inside a military facility. Over the months, officers and doctors assigned to him realized that he was scribbling about his 40-year ordeal in fits and starts.
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks