View RSS Feed

Pleasant

Yello Magazine

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Yello Magazine

A Hoarding Caught my attention "yello indispensable guide to Karachi" which i first thought its Derived form of Yellow Pages and related to it, Still checked the site and my assumption was wrong it was Magazine about karachi life hang out , eating out , about culture, fashion, entertainment and visual arts , which was quite unique for me to have such sort of magazine i might be wrong because i haven't seen any other magazine which covers all of it in one.

So went out buying and couldn't find it on normal hawkers and let me share a funny incident i went at many newspaper/magazine stalls asked for Yello magazine and the Guy started showing me YELLOW Color Magazine
showed me Spider and some Ladies Magazine i was like wtf i am asking for yello magazine not yellow color magazine
so in the end couldn't find at newspaper stall so had to reach at Book Store Near Time Medicos And Found it Easily there.

The Magazine was designed pretty Nicely with Karachi Buses Artwork on the Front cover it was a nice local feel to it
and the pages inside it was beautifully formatted and design surely looks like a International standard work on it

Let me tell you now about the content of it I went to read some which was quite interesting about the Karachi places which you might not have explored yourself they introduced you the unseen places some old ones, some Great eating out places like Best Fish in town from Expensive place to local thaila walas

then there was a article about Dive-in Karachi really liked it didn't know it before that there is some place for underwater diving and seeing the beautiful world of it, It was Nicely written about snorkeling and where to do it which companies offering there services, This was something different and fascinating to know about the place later on i checked youtube videos of that place called CHARNA ISLAND and really made me to visit that place

"Snorkeling, a close cousin of scuba diving, has recently started gaining popularity amongst Karachiites. This simple and fun activity can be enjoyed individually or in a group by people of all ages. To snorkel, the only requirement is to be comfortable in water while breathing through a reed-like tube poking out of the water."

They also covered an Artist and his work he creates Marvel Action Figures
the magazine has to offer a lot to read and Surely a Guide to Karachi, Now i am eagerly Waiting for the Next month issue and going to Subscribe for it

The Yearly Subscription costs 900Rs + A Food Voucher of Bag n Bagel worth rs 300
and A Single Magazine issue Costs 95

well i am not a very well blogger but this magazine made me to write about it i hope you guys didn't get bore by it i would recommend the magazine to all Karachite who likes to know about interesting places , likes to Go Out and like to know new dining places

Magazine website
www.yello.pk
5 Likes, 0 Thanks

Updated 20-01-12 at 12:56 PM by Pleasant

Categories
Personal Diary

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Considering getting a copy. Time medicos is close by anyway
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wfsoomro
    Considering getting a copy. Time medicos is close by anyway
    Do Share your views after grabbing the copy
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Lol you searched for it in news stands etc, I visited their facebook page and there is a tab for subscribing where we have to submit our address and they take cash on delivery.

I've ordered one issue let's see how it is.
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rehan751
    Lol you searched for it in news stands etc, I visited their facebook page and there is a tab for subscribing where we have to submit our address and they take cash on delivery.

I've ordered one issue let's see how it is.
    well i wanted to check a single issue first before ordering for subscription
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Well you can also order single issue from that. I have also asked for a single issue.
    1 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Likes Pleasant liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rehan751
    Well you can also order single issue from that. I have also asked for a single issue.
    oh i didnt check that i thought its for 6 months and 1 year subscription, though it would take 1 day to deliver so i would prefer getting on same day
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Snorkeling, hmm sounds interesting. Gonna check it out once I get back to Pakistan.
    1 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Syavash
    Snorkeling, hmm sounds interesting. Gonna check it out once I get back to Pakistan.
    yeah but try that in Summer i am sure the water must be chill these days
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    yeah ofcourse, besides I gotta learn to swim first
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    yeah ofcourse, besides I gotta learn to swim first
    BTW they provide Instructor and all the stuff goggle pipe fins e.t.c with first aid + Breakfast + Lunch in 2500rs/ and even u dont need to bring ur camera they will provide u the pics as well
    1 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Likes WH4Y liked this post
    ohh just 2500? :O Cool And where is this "place" ?
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    ohh just 2500? :O Cool And where is this "place" ?
    Near mubarak VIllage called charna island u can check youtube
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    ^IndusScuba?
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    ^IndusScuba?
    yes Indus Scuba there are two indus suba and divers reef karachi
    lemme quote whats written on magazine
    There is Great emphasis on safety and you will be accompanied by friendly people. The charge per person is Rs 2500 and a Discounted rates of rs 2000 for students , which includes Breakfast, Lunch, a bus ride, a Boat ride, and a trained instructor to take you in the shallow water. A lifeguard and first aid kit is also provided on the trip. "All that is required is for you to bring yourself," States Aatif Malik , Owner of Indus Scuba "We provide masks, Snorkels and fins"
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    This is really some info, I didnt knew we had such opportunity locally... Though someone who have experienced it must share his thoughts..
    especially about safety...
    1 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ovaisaijaz
    This is really some info, I didnt knew we had such opportunity locally... Though someone who have experienced it must share his thoughts..
    especially about safety...
    i am still reading and exploring more about it and have come to know they give you session first at there place teaches you basics and all and about swimming and indus scuba is the first and i guess only certified centre which is registered from abroad , you can become certified scuba diver by doing a course as well

to jao jaldi se magazine kharredo aur parho
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Bhai itna mujhay pata hai Snorkelling sasti hai. It's for somewhat 1500Rs. While scuba diving is v expensive. That's what my friend told me. But it's gota be fun nevertheless.
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wfsoomro
    Bhai itna mujhay pata hai Snorkelling sasti hai. It's for somewhat 1500Rs. While scuba diving is v expensive. That's what my friend told me. But it's gota be fun nevertheless.
    Yeah we are discussing about snorkeling
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    I'm definitely learning swimming and giving this a go, you can't have a better lifetime experience for a meager 2500rs, that too so close by Ohh how expensive is Scuba Diving? :P
    1 Likes, 0 Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast