View RSS Feed

My Dairy

types of people

Rate this Entry
A friend of mine is fond of writing. He even writes his own stories and publishes them inline. He was writing this piece today, it is still unfinished but I thought of sharing it with you and get some opinions. His thoughts really provoked my interest. The best part is that I have experienced this in the real life.

a narrow minded person's blind belief takes him no where. he is just like a sheep. a soldier who obeys.closed to opinions.
increase the intelligence a bit more and you get a person who starts to question. his intelligence is detrimental to himself. he questions the right things and the wrong things.he thinks he knows everything but infact he still is the victim of the system. he knows only whats revealed to his meaning less existence. just a pawn. he is open to opinions but is biased in accepting them. he thinks he is superior but is just plain foolish. no out of box thinking as his mental level does not permit that
an example is that if a common man is told that US intelligence is destabilizing pakistan to gain control over her resources OR to attack islam. he will believe it.
go up one level. he will question it. he thinks he know every thing but infact his knowledge is very limited. he lives in a pro western environment. he will question this news. and he will not believe it. he will think of it as a foolish theory. he will regard those who believe it as foolish.
now further go up one level. this is the person for whom
The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them....To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies - all this is indispensably necessary.
his mentality has reached a level where more than one outcome is possible.................
0 Likes, 0 Thanks
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

the last paragraph seems to belong to George Orwell's 1984, where he describes doublethink
    actually, the whole essay seems a paraphrase of Orwell
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    ^ Agreed. The last para seems heavily influenced by 1984, the concept of doublethink.
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    I will ask him to join PG! to answer your question
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks