View RSS Feed

iNF3RN0's Diary

PakGamers Front-End - Need Suggestions

Rate this Entry
Ok, I need opinions of the people who are from the web development/designing field. Since we don't have any technical team behind PG i-e from web devleopment background (other then me) and unfortunately I left the development and designing field years ago and now working in completely different field + I usually remain busy that's why I since last 12 months we were unable to pulled out progress for the PakGamers front-end development which is quite a embracement.

So what we are looking for some quick and easy to maintain solution which our non-technical people can handle + integration our current platform/backend i-e vbulletin 4. If you have any idea in your mind then share it here or if you think that you can do some work as well then we won't mind in paying you some cash as well (if your demand meet our budget).

Personally I am looking into Joomla and wordpress to use it as our CMS system for the fornt-end to manage articles (reviews, previews, features) and news stories + few custom bits like podcast etc. As far as I know both system can be integrated with vbulletin (I have done it in the past) but what I want is a opinion like which we should choose? I do know their pros and cons but as I said I am usually remain busy and whatever time I get I spent on checking PG, solving technical and members issues etc which don't give me much time to concentrate on the development for PG.

So let me know what idea do you have in your mind, what you can do, if you offering paid service let me know via PM about your demand, your experience and obviously a protfolio. Secondly we do have a front-end design which was made by another designer (shyber's friend) and I would like to use it if possible.

So? post your damn opinion people and give some push to this idle boat.
0 Likes, 0 Thanks
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
PG News , Web Development

Comments

i think the website is ok as it is. But since i am not a web developer,i cant say much on this subject.
    But since i have commented,i will go ahead with a suggestion.
    Spoiler: show
    Front end like Pamela sanderson's and rear end like Jlo's
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Updated 13-03-10 at 09:33 PM by CrashBandicoot
    Quote Originally Posted by safriz
    i think the website is ok as it is. But since i am not a web developer,i cant say much on this subject.
    But since i have commented,i will go ahead with a suggestion.
    Spoiler: show
    Front end like Pamela sanderson's and rear end like Jlo's

No thx, frontend shouldn't have fake "announcements"

what about this Bilal bhai:
    http://www.vivvo.net/doc/v4/plugin_m...ntegration.php
    http://drupal.org/node/32879
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=823029

do you want something like this?
    http://symbian-freak.com/

every article on it has a discussion thread with a little quote from the original article
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    vivvo is not a complete CMS and drupal is not much customizable. I do have access to vbulletin own CMS but I just don't like the CMS with blocks like interface like vBA and the new vbulletin 4 CMS. However I have seen few websites which are using Joomla and wordpress they are more sort of the entertainment magazine/portal websites like IGN etc and there are some cool skins are also available for joomla and wordpress. Howrver I am thinking more towards joomla since it provide lots of extentions as well =) + awesome skins, however setting up joomla is a pain in the arse since it require some understanding and lots of learing curve + modding.

so..joomla or wordpress + vbulletin integration + custom PHP work to cover the remaining stuff lke podcast will be good...but still I we need to decide which will be more better :S
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    joomla IMO would be better than Wordpress... unless you customize WP a lot
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    Joomla + VB = Best combination.
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks
    ^ explain how?
    0 Likes, 0 Thanks