Blog Comments

Thanks for such great information. i will read it later plz write also on mobile accessories
    Updated 15-09-17 at 02:20 AM by Hazel
    Cant really see your reply mate @Uzair akber
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid Link
    Awesome stuff really.....its a shame pak doesnt have game strong game dev studios
    btw @NaNoW ....would you prefer working with libraries like SDL SFML etc or going for a particular game engine at our current stage.? (currently doing bachelors in CS 3rd sem ) I think working with libraries to create your own world/physics and environment to make a game is much better since it kinda gives u an insight about how actual game engine works (correct me if iam wrong plz )
    This is embarrassing but can anyone tell me how to write a post ? I am new here ! PLZ tnx
    Quote Originally Posted by NaNoW
    If you are doing CS, then yes go for OpenGL/DirectX and lower level programming and then eventually progress to higher level stuff...if not, start directly from high level stuff, otherwise you will spend a lot of time in learning instead of making stuff
    Hmm and Nanow if you can, do a blog on 2d vs 3d.... i attended a seminar held by seniors and they were all saying due to VR the future is mostly gonna be 3d while i am more interested in 2d or 2.5d games like Shanks. So i was thinking if it's really true will 2d become useless later on or is it ok practicing 2d. I was thinking of practicing 2d character designing on gimp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Blizzard
    That's what i was talking about in nanow's previous blog Should we go for learning game engines or spend our time learning OpenGL/Directx which is much low level, hence clears the concepts of how things work in already built in game engines
    If you are doing CS, then yes go for OpenGL/DirectX and lower level programming and then eventually progress to higher level stuff...if not, start directly from high level stuff, otherwise you will spend a lot of time in learning instead of making stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by V3N0M
    I say if you are an indie dev , going for a startup or want to jump quick into the game development then engines like Unity/Unreal are very useful for you . But working for a big AAA studio as a console game programmer requires more than that , they don't care how well you know Unity or any other engine . You must know engine programming & be able to right your own one in either Dx or OpenGL using C++ . The things we do in a game engines like Unity are often done at a job position called 'Scripter' where a person connects & triggers the events in a game over an underlying engine architecture . Ubisoft has this type of entry level position which is quite different from a position of a engine/graphics programmer .
    That's what i was talking about in nanow's previous blog Should we go for learning game engines or spend our time learning OpenGL/Directx which is much low level, hence clears the concepts of how things work in already built in game engines
    I learned C# in my first year.. gonna start working on C++ after this semester :s Thanks for all the resources tho, really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaNoW
    ofcourse, but what exactly do you want to do? artwork?
    yes i m currently trying and practicing artworks
    Quote Originally Posted by mac007
    hey bro can it be done as a part time or hobby....as i m a Applied Chemist by education...and trying to learn Free Hand, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop by myself and have a little time
    ofcourse, but what exactly do you want to do? artwork?
    hey bro can it be done as a part time or hobby....as i m a Applied Chemist by education...and trying to learn Free Hand, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop by myself and have a little time
    I say if you are an indie dev , going for a startup or want to jump quick into the game development then engines like Unity/Unreal are very useful for you . But working for a big AAA studio as a console game programmer requires more than that , they don't care how well you know Unity or any other engine . You must know engine programming & be able to right your own one in either Dx or OpenGL using C++ . The things we do in a game engines like Unity are often done at a job position called 'Scripter' where a person connects & triggers the events in a game over an underlying engine architecture . Ubisoft has this type of entry level position which is quite different from a position of a engine/graphics programmer .
    Shared it a week ago mate.. :P
    shared on twitter
    Already did, when it came out.
    @NaNoW I m not active on fb....have shared it on Twitter though
    @Spartan 117 @CerebralTiger @Solid Link @mac007 > Please share on fb guys...it will literally take 2 secs
    Really inspiring stuff, @NaNoW
    Another great read, yet again.

Love the concise look in about the gaming industry and how to get into it. I myself don't really have interest in making games, but I do like learning about some basic aspects that go into game development etc. I'm sure many people would find this really helpful.

Looking forward to the 5th part.
    Another great read, thanks for this NaNoW. Now onto the part 3.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast