View RSS Feed

Education

1. Ideas Worth Spreading: Flipping the Tradition & Reinventing the Classroom?

If Math were a person, I would stab it, and risk pissing off MIT students. You see, I was never any good at math. I always disliked it. Unfortunately for me and millions of others we have to learn math in order to advance in schools. And so, this year I have to give the dreaded SAT (A test which is required by colleges in U.S and is taken in High School) and it has a lot of Math.

In order to understand Math better, I embarked on a journey to find a nice class, online. I began my ...
  2. Talent Is Overrated?

The vast majority of people tend to believe that somehow, some people were born with a magical gift regarded as “Talent”
    Examples have been scattered throughout history: Mozart, Tiger Woods, Warren Buffet, Winston Churchill, Bill Gates, Benjamin Franklin, Einstein and hundreds of others. When you hear these names, the first thing that probably comes across your mind is they are "great and special, they were born with it." Somehow they are better and exceed in their fields for some ...
  3. Hopping on the Bandwagon...

We all know that Pakistan has her share of problems. But one problem (Yes, I will call it a problem) sparks my interest the most. I am not sure if you have also noticed it…it is really common. It’s a problem which relates to education in our country. I noticed when I was a child, everyone used to say to someone a lot older than me “No…do a degree in medicine” or “become a doctor” and guess what: almost everyone was doing a degree in medical. A few years pass and what is the hot new degree? Information ...
    Categories
    Education , Personal Diary