PDA

View Full Version : What happens in PG, stays in PG...

USUF
19-01-10, 12:47 AM
I was reeealllly farigh and bored today and this crazy idea came to mind and i thought "Oh what the heck, Lets do it"

I've compiled some of the most crazy/funny phenomenons of PG for a funny read for ya'll. Some of the facts have been exaggerated while most of them are true...at least according to what i've seen lol

I wrote all this in a matter of a few minutes so please don't attack me with all your comments

Chatbox, search box...There ain't no difference:

It is the quickest and easiest way to get your problems solved. Want to know the price of a PS3? simply ask the question there (when a moderator isn't around) and the local chat freaks will be happy to lend you a hand. You can even get a step-by-step guide on how to install entire games on your PC too.

Don't bother using the proper "search" button on the top right of the home page though...Its broken anyway. Who wants to go through lengthy informative threads when you can get quick answers from
potentially ill-informed trolls, right?

Trolls, trolls and more trolls:

If there is one thing you don't want to be labled as on this forum is a troll. Apparently if you're engaging in a discussion of a video game you've never actually played (or don't own the console on which its available) then your opinion doesn't matter and Bam! You're a troll...

Ironically, if you take a brief look around this forum you'd be hard pressed to find a person who has not, atleast once, acted like a complete troll.

PC-only Gamers are the most pateint human beings in the world:

Pateince is virtue...Something which the PC-only crowd here on PG have in abundance. They are willing to endure months/weeks of delays, playing the game long after its console counter-part, half a day on downloading and the other half installing the game just to get the extra amount of pixels.

They don't care how many Final fantasies, Uncharteds, Halos and Metal Gears Solids are coming out on the consoles; they don't give a shit. Apparently these games are worthless and mediocre when compared to their ridiculously lengthy line-up of exclusives and multiplats that come out each year...Great sense of humor these guys have...

I salute them!

Numbers don't mean a damn thing:

Whether its Critics' ratings, number of units sold or the number of people playing the game online, all that stuff doesn't matter here. If you're trying to convince another party on how awesome your game of choice really is by posting atleast one of these mentioned sources, your credibility just fell to a new low.

You'll then be subjected to the traditional facepalm.gif, followed by posts which will show how "credible" your source is when it gave another "awesome" game a lower score than most of the other critics...Ze railgunz will then be unleashed on you and the topic will eventually fall into the bottomless pits of the trash bin...

Although, If the game is generally liked and is highly anticipated by the PG audience, then posting ratings is a good idea to boost hype. At that point, everyone will forget how credible your point really is...As long as the larger crowd likes it, you're safe.

Sticky threads are invisible:

It seems as though no amount of warnings can make a typical (newbie) PG member with a console/PC problem resort to asking their question in a sticky thread. Even when the moderators fill the topic title with words like "Help", "Ask questions here", "FAQ" e.t.c the members will still bluntly make a thread on the very main page of the related section.

May be such people are color blind and hence don't even spot the obvious looking dark red color of the title. Constantly merging/moving threads here and there results in a complete mess in the look of the section, but what do they care?

Halo is bad:

Don't know why...but its just bad. Typical reasons you'll hear about it being under appreciated here are "cartoony graphics", "640p" and "Its Halo". Ofcourse who gives a shit about its genre defining gameplay elements and its awesome Multiplayer when you have problems as massive as cartoony graphics and jaggies to worry about, right?.....and don't you bring the likes of Team Fortress 2 in here, leave them alone. Those games are sooo not cartoony.

However, recently, its seems that another game is about to take this crown off Halo. A game which has broken entertainment records of all time...

For teh lulz - The reason why anyone does anything:

It is a tradition formed as early as the birth of the first ever online discussion forum. Its always best to secure a safe location to which you can fall back anytime some senior member or mod strongly disagrees with your point. Always try to keep a small amount of humor or sarcasm in your posts to reflect your casual take on the matter.

When someone disagrees with arguments you can't counter, simply reply with a "Don't tell me you didn't know i was joking" comment and you'll be successful in making the other person feel like a fool for his actions.

Admin's word is absolute:

Always try to raise a point to which the admin will most certainly agree. Since the Administrator is the most powerful force on the forum, his word is considered final. Unless of course when he doesn't agree, thats when you'll have to adopt a different strategy. :P

Trying to ignore his post and continuing on with the discussion at hand is the easiest and most commonly used tactic, or better yet, get into a serious argument with another person to get the attention of the suckers away from the what the Administrator just said.

If you're lucky, the admin will forget about what he might have said and will focus on resolving this fight between you and the other person. Now that you've caused considerable confusion and chaos in the thread, you can easily slip away like the troll you really are.

R3Z0N
19-01-10, 12:50 AM
Halo is bad:

Don't know why...but its just bad. Typical reasons you'll hear about it being under appreciated here are "cartoony graphics", "640p" and "Its Halo". Ofcourse who gives a shit about its genre defining gameplay elements and its awesome Multiplayer when you have problems as massive as cartoony graphics and jaggies to worry about, right?.....and don't you bring the likes of Team Fortress 2 in here, leave them alone. Those games are sooo not cartoony.

However, recently, its seems that another game is about to take this crown off Halo. A game which has broken entertainment records of all time...
I knew this was gonna come sooner or later :D

Chandoo
19-01-10, 01:24 AM
i take pride in the fact that some of those in-house memes are my creation :p

Syavash
19-01-10, 01:27 AM

Pateince is virtue...Something which the PC-only crowd here on PG have in abundance. They are willing to endure months/weeks of delays, playing the game long after its console couter-part, half a day on downloading and the other half installing the game just to get the extra mount of pixels.

They don't care how many Final fantasies, Uncharteds, Halos and Metal Gears Solids are coming out on the consoles; they don't give a shit. Apparently these games are worthless and mediocre when compared to their ridiculously lengthy line-up of exclusives and multiplats that come out each year...Great sense of humor these guys have...

I salute them!

True (1)..............

hash94
19-01-10, 01:31 AM
True (1)..............

I also totally agree with it...but patience pays!
patiently waitin for Assassins creed 2!:wink2:

Syavash
19-01-10, 01:31 AM
^now thats stupidity :P download it lol

Sire Ahsan
19-01-10, 01:35 AM
Invisible Posts

Posts making complete sense ... will be ... always ... and ALWAYS ... invisible. Say something proper, something that makes sense ... something that is totally totally correct and would be agreed upon by people ... and it will become invisible to everyone.

The Admin usually is the worst victim of this. The poor lad keeps making sense, to no avail as the resident trolls keep fighting and fighting and fighting.

In other cases, posts might be read ... but the common sense part will be left out! If your post so much has a line like "*insert popular game name here* sucks at the graphical aspects and ... blah lbha blah " ... the reading will stop on sucks, and then comes a good 2-3 page worth of trolling.

hash94
19-01-10, 01:36 AM
^now thats stupidity :P download it lol

talkin about PC version!

BeLoShI
19-01-10, 01:37 AM
i take pride in the fact that some of those in-house memes are my creation :p

Thats why we adore you ass lover buoy! ;)

USUF was it the aftermath of HALO bashed the other day by many PG'ers lol j/k

JAYZZY
19-01-10, 01:37 AM
Calling deso for awarding you a FALTOO admi achivement
Have to get some time myself before i read this all :D

USUF
19-01-10, 01:44 AM
USUF was it the aftermath of HALO bashed the other day by many PG'ers lol j/k
lol definitely not....I wasn't even gonna talk about it but it came to my mind while writing so i thought i'd do a separate part for it :P

totallyme247
19-01-10, 02:01 AM
hahhah all of this is so true!

of course..Halo is just bad XD

AH annoying ppl who ask questions on chatbox alsdkja;sldjf

nice thread USUF :)

NaNoW
19-01-10, 02:06 AM
Awesome work bro......this wouldnt be your work if it didn't involve the Halo-Bashing part..

usuf ..i m sending you a couple of points ..if you think they are relevant enough..please add them!!

CrashBandicoot
19-01-10, 02:50 AM
lol.thats funny :)

Jigger
19-01-10, 03:54 AM
PC-only Gamers are the most pateint human beings in the world

good call..fun to read :D

Radical
19-01-10, 08:09 AM
Chatbox Freaks FTW !!!! :D

Raptorian
19-01-10, 10:03 AM
Wow...what an original thread. Its a summary of PG. Also, if there weren't any of these phenomenon, PG would be a boring place.

Shyber
19-01-10, 10:25 AM
lol, very nice USUF.

Not to self: USUF seems to have a lot of free time. Assign more work to him.

arafat
19-01-10, 10:35 AM
please no more Halo wars here :( coz where USUF is, there is bound to be a Halo gang bang and he always jump in like a true ODST to defend Halo's honor.

radd
19-01-10, 11:06 AM
hahaha farigh bacha!

awesome post! youve just scratched the surface here, the "ban him" PMs need a mention!

CobraN
19-01-10, 11:15 AM
Sticky threads are invisible:

It seems as though no amount of warnings can make a typical (newbie) PG member with a console/PC problem resort to asking their question in a sticky thread. Even when the moderators fill the topic title with words like "Help", "Ask questions here", "FAQ" e.t.c the members will still bluntly make a thread on the very main page of the related section.

May be such people are color blind and hence don't even spot the obvious looking dark red color of the title. Constantly merging/moving threads here and there results in a complete mess in the look of the section, but what do they care?

This is what i m looking for :) Nice Point Usuf

Crow
19-01-10, 12:20 PM
Never disagree with the canon

...and if by some misfortune, you unknowingly commit the blasphemous act expressing an unpopular opinion (like saying NDS is better than the PSP, TDK is a shitty film, etc), expect a 3-page flaming session telling you how wrong you are and how badly you should burn in hell for not thinking so. Sometimes even the mods join in with this, but mostly they keep away and watch until the whole deal gets COMPLETELY out of hand and all the damage is done, THEN they close the thread, since they secretly they want the poster to be flamed too.

No one knows where this canon exists, and really, no one cares. The important thing is that it is. And we must all love it.

Benighted
19-01-10, 01:20 PM
:lol: I just love Arsal!

soulcalibur
19-01-10, 01:42 PM
hahaha.... nyc compilation.... somewat of a summary of wat happens in PG..... :D

how abt adding a part where eveyrone except the mod/admin asks the new guy to read the rulz?????

EnergyDan
19-01-10, 03:11 PM
HALO is bad :@

manigamer
19-01-10, 03:20 PM
Seriously sticky threads are really invisible :P hahaha

Crow
19-01-10, 03:29 PM
:lol: I just love Arsal!
*flashback*

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/ShiftyGerman/n503709395_37523_4.jpg

AFQ
19-01-10, 04:08 PM
@USUF
Post of the year! (1)

Really awesome and yeah only PC Gamers FTW! :D

devilscallmedad
19-01-10, 06:02 PM
TDK is a shitty film
There is a special place in hell waiting just for you.

hasanJ
19-01-10, 06:05 PM
TDK ka naam lo aur DCMD hazir :8

Muaaz
19-01-10, 06:47 PM
I've got something cooking up just for this thread . Thanks for the idea USUF !

SolitarySoldier
19-01-10, 07:06 PM
Interesting read. Nice work USUF. :)

Deamonillidan
19-01-10, 07:24 PM
lol so true (lmao)

CerebralTiger
19-01-10, 11:26 PM
Heh....pretty interesting read and a mostly accurate depiction of PG....you really oughta write more USUF (y)

Also, shouldn't this be moved to the 'Pakgamers Articles' section?

USUF
19-01-10, 11:28 PM
Also, shouldn't this be moved to the 'Pakgamers Articles' section?
hhmmm...What say Admin bhai?

Beelzebub
19-01-10, 11:49 PM
:zaberdast:

Amar aka Cookie
20-01-10, 12:19 AM
http://alanisgood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/successfultroll.jpg

Do not feed the trolls.

thugangel123
20-01-10, 12:57 AM
I was expecting a "e-pen*s" reference in the PC gaming quote but great write-up nonetheless.

Amarog
20-01-10, 05:20 PM
hahhah all of this is so true!

of course..Halo is just bad XD

AH annoying ppl who ask questions on chatbox alsdkja;sldjf

nice thread USUF :)

agreed ^_^

Journeys End
21-01-10, 01:24 PM
Trolls, trolls and more trolls:

If there is one thing you don't want to be labled as on this forum is a troll. Apparently if you're engaging in a discussion of a video game you've never actually played (or don't own the console on which its available) then your opinion doesn't matter and Bam! You're a troll...

Ironically, if you take a brief look around this forum you'd be hard pressed to find a person who has not, atleast once, acted like a complete troll.
this shit happens to me always...just bcoz i dont own a PS3 or a RIG(previously),people thought i had never played or seen UC2 or any Multiplat games on PC.man i cant stop laughing on the ignorance of those dudes.

and well there is a troll in all of us lol...

Pateince is virtue...Something which the PC-only crowd here on PG have in abundance. They are willing to endure months/weeks of delays, playing the game long after its console counter-part, half a day on downloading and the other half installing the game just to get the extra amount of pixels.

I salute them!

i salute them as well...and i dont knw what do they get of all that waiting.just a couple of practically worthless content or higher res.i mean thats shit compared to all that months and months of agonizing wait.just another day i was looking for L4D 2 and i found tons of guides and tutorials of installation that my brain got numb and i had to go out to take a breath.way too much home work for just getting the thing to work.then there were endless cracks,patches and crack patches lol

Halo is bad:

sooo right dude...also it seems this anti-halo syndrome has something to do with this forum...i mean i hve meet a million local players on live that love halo too.itz just THIS place.

For teh lulz - The reason why anyone does anything:

It is a tradition formed as early as the birth of the first ever online discussion forum. Its always best to secure a safe location to which you can fall back anytime some senior member or mod strongly disagrees with your point. Always try to keep a small amount of humor or sarcasm in your posts to reflect your casual take on the matter.

When someone disagrees with arguments you can't counter, simply reply with a "Don't tell me you didn't know i was joking" comment and you'll be successful in making the other person feel like a fool for his actions.

Always try to raise a point to which the admin will most certainly agree. Since the Administrator is the most powerful force on the forum, his word is considered final. Unless of course when he doesn't agree, thats when you'll have to adopt a different strategy. :P

Trying to ignore his post and continuing on with the discussion at hand is the easiest and most commonly used tactic, or better yet, get into a serious argument with another person to get the attention of the suckers away from the what the Administrator just said.

If you're lucky, the admin will forget about what he might have said and will focus on resolving this fight between you and the other person. Now that you've caused considerable confusion and chaos in the thread, you can easily slip away like the troll you really are.

COPY RIGHT CHANDOO!!!!!

thugangel123
21-01-10, 11:58 PM
sooo right dude...also it seems this anti-halo syndrome has something to do with this forum...i mean i hve meet a million local players on live that love halo too.itz just THIS place.

Really? You seriously think the halo hate is only present here? You must be living under a rock my friend.

r3aper
22-01-10, 12:10 AM
i hv meet a million local players on live that love halo
Oh lordy! Such height of intelligence!:lol:
kid i have a feeling you are gonna beat einstine

Journeys End
22-01-10, 04:15 PM
^^well UNCLE JI i dont knw hw u judge my intelligence on that comment of mine but i admit i exagerated a bit by using words MILLION & LOVE but still my point remains unchanged and that is that all the friends added in my live account play halo without any hate or lame accusations and if u think they might be 1 or 2 i would suggest u to go and check my friend list.also note that i had to remove a ton of foreign players since i cant do voice chat with them(most of them were germans :D )

@thugangel123: i dont even wana question ur knowledge since i knw hw much u knw about xbox live scene considering u dont even hve a xbox to begin with lol....also ur the type USUF just discussed i.e people who hvent evn seen or played halo 3 or itz MP and they say halo is shit.
PEACE BROTHERS

faraany3k
22-01-10, 05:13 PM
i salute them as well...and i dont knw what do they get of all that waiting.just a couple of practicaly worthless content or higher res.i mean thats shit compared to all that months and months of agonizing wait.just another day i was looking for L4D 2 and i found tons of guides and tutorials of installation that my brain got numb and i had to go out to take a breath.way too much home work for just getting the thing to work.then there were endless cracks,patches and crack patches lol

[/B]

OH my GODDDDDD !!!!NOOB ALERT here. Just because something is above ur head and you need to take breath while installing patches. FRANKLY thats your personal inabilty.

thugangel123
24-01-10, 06:08 AM
@thugangel123: i dont even wana question ur knowledge since i knw hw much u knw about xbox live scene considering u dont even hve a xbox to begin with lol....also ur the type USUF just discussed i.e people who hvent evn seen or played halo 3 or itz MP and they say halo is shit.
PEACE BROTHERS

Did I say halo sucks? And even if I don't own a 360 what makes you think I haven't played it? I was simply pointing out how naive you are if you think people inside only pakgamers hail it as the most overrated game. Just google the words "is halo overrated" and you'll get your answer.

eViLrAcEr
24-01-10, 01:16 PM
you can actually google a lot of awkward things :D

Journeys End
24-01-10, 08:35 PM
Did I say halo sucks? And even if I don't own a 360 what makes you think I haven't played it? I was simply pointing out how naive you are if you think people inside only pakgamers hail it as the most overrated game. Just google the words "is halo overrated" and you'll get your answer.
i can find similar things abt Crysis,MGS,UC,killzone and God knws what games....does that mean that all the fan following and critics r nuts praising those titles?!?!?!?my boy dont believe blindly what u read on the internet.itz equivalent of believing the world is still flat.
also for evry successful game ,there r always 2 sides of gamers,one that praise it and the other that hate it.the more suceesful the title gets,the more intensity is transmitted to both sides.itz the strenght(in numbers) of side which determines the greatness in reality.itz a vry logical and common law.do u hve any idea hw much of a HUGE fan following Halo has???do u hve any idea why halo allways sells like hot cakes and usualy makes world records in sales???evn the fan following is not constant but increasing exponentially release by release.i seriously dont knw why u dont knw all this and call ME naive lol.nw try to answer the reason behind ur statement LOGICALLY this time or more simply just don't answer.

USUF
25-01-10, 12:03 AM
I think we should stop this "Halo discussion".....like right NAO!

thugangel123
25-01-10, 03:22 AM
do u hve any idea hw much of a HUGE fan following Halo has???do u hve any idea why halo allways sells like hot cakes and usualy makes world records in sales???evn the fan following is not constant but increasing exponentially release by release.

Like a certain someone said "loads of elevators play Celine Dion, but that doesn't make it right".

And this is no blind hate, Maybe I haven't played anything "halo-ey" that came out after halo 3 but I've played the first halo and boy! What a snooze fest that game was.*Cough* library levels *Cough*. Never bothered with halo 2 and halo 3 more or less is in the same loop. It was nothing more then halo 2.5.

We all love a certain game,one which we prefer over any other game and mine would be the re series. But you don't see me jumping on someone whenever they mention "re5 sucks".

Necrokiller
25-01-10, 10:55 AM
Hahaha Halo fans are so sensitive :hah:

Sire Ahsan
25-01-10, 11:47 AM
Necro ... not as sensitive as HL fans ... after all, HL allows them to direct their sensitivity from the zombie-character they play ...

Necrokiller
25-01-10, 12:10 PM
I knew this was coming :p Thing is, I don't give a crap about what other people say... unlike you-know-who :P

eViLrAcEr
25-01-10, 12:42 PM
i can find similar things abt Crysis,MGS,UC,killzone and God knws what games....does that mean that all the fan following and critics r nuts praising those titles?!?!?!?my boy dont believe blindly what u read on the internet.itz equivalent of believing the world is still flat.
also for evry successful game ,there r always 2 sides of gamers,one that praise it and the other that hate it.the more suceesful the title gets,the more intensity is transmitted to both sides.itz the strenght(in numbers) of side which determines the greatness in reality.itz a vry logical and common law.do u hve any idea hw much of a HUGE fan following Halo has???do u hve any idea why halo allways sells like hot cakes and usualy makes world records in sales???evn the fan following is not constant but increasing exponentially release by release.i seriously dont knw why u dont knw all this and call ME naive lol.nw try to answer the reason behind ur statement LOGICALLY this time or more simply just don't answer.

wrong, i bet you won't find gamers who hate assassin's creed with such dedication

Sire Ahsan
25-01-10, 04:11 PM
wrong, i bet you won't find gamers who hate assassin's creed with such dedication

http://www.google.com.pk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Assassins+Creed+sucks

Khawaja
25-01-10, 06:48 PM
I was reeealllly farigh and bored today and this crazy idea came to mind and i thought "Oh what the heck, Lets do it"

I salute them!

Halo is bad:

Hmmm lets adopt a different strategy :D:D
and fr PC gamers 'Sabr ka phal meetha hota hai :D)

Journeys End
25-01-10, 10:09 PM

And this is no blind hate, Maybe I haven't played anything "halo-ey" that came out after halo 3 but I've played the first halo and boy! What a snooze fest that game was.*Cough* library levels *Cough*. Never bothered with halo 2 and halo 3 more or less is in the same loop. It was nothing more then halo 2.5.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/epic_fail.jpg
u knw i knew u would say that all along....man u type guys r SO predictable.nw itz not becoz of usuf i would spare u anymore embarrassment by leaving u to ur current situation lol but itz simply becoz of the fact that ur opinion is based upon a game that came about a decade ago,seriously OUTDATED lol.also just one advice kid,try to play and end both part 2 & 3 and try their MP components too if possible.then maybe i would waste my time with u.

Hahaha Halo fans are so sensitive :hah:
funny u mentioned this sensitivity to halo fans only....*put ahsan quote here*

thugangel123
26-01-10, 12:20 AM
Wow!

First of all read my post thoroughly. The debate was never on halo sucks but it was between if people hate halo outside pakgamers or not. But like a typical fanboy, you drifted the question. Sure I haven't played all the halo games, but did I claim as I did? Did I say halo series sucks a whole? *sigh*.

Sire Ahsan
26-01-10, 12:51 AM
@thug

Journeys pointing out the fact that you say you havent played anything Halo after Halo 3, and later on you asy you havent even played Halo 2 and just bothered a bit with Halo 3!

thugangel123
26-01-10, 12:57 AM
Yeah I am aware of that and my opinion on halo doesn't matter but the debate wasn't on why I think halo sucks now was it?

Sire Ahsan
26-01-10, 01:44 AM
Yea well thats where you epic failed ... saying you've played till Halo 3 (implied when you say you havent played anything after H3 ... which is only ODST and the RTS Halo Wars) ... and then you tell us you've just touched H3 and not even bothered will Halo 2

Thats like saying you're a Graduate but abhi BBA ka ek saal he kia hai :P

Necrokiller
26-01-10, 10:34 AM
Thats like saying you're a Graduate but abhi BBA ka ek saal he kia hai :P
Yeah but the last years are so damn boring, it was a good call on his part to drop out :P

Sire Ahsan
26-01-10, 06:50 PM
Atleast if he stayed in his last boring years, he would have still had a personality regardless :P