Far Cry (and Assassins Creed) games has always been immensely addictive for me. Not only do i manage to f*cking-love them, but also remember them for a lot of years to come. I have kinda developed a phobia, for i can’t forget the sheer awesomeness, even when i wanted to. Exactly why, i still remember Far Cry 3, and its 8-bit sidekick, Blood Dragon.
But this, Far Cry 4 … PREPARE TO BE AMAZED. Because this is something else. Feels more like a Far Cry 3.5, but it feels brand new. There are so many exceptional things about it, that i can’t list down all of them. This game is that good .
– Kyrat/Map Size: Do i even need to mention its humongous nature? Its SO BIG and VAST that you can play it straight away for A MONTH and not get bored. And yes, it has been more than a month that i am on it, and i have barely completed 60% of it. The Campaign was shorter so, ended the story missions yesterday.
– Nature: The beauty is staggering. I actually stopped on a lot of occasions to capture the gorgeous scenery.
– Wild Life: I thought it was awesome in Far Cry 3. Its even more aggressive in Far Cry 4. Rhinos, Leopards, Snakes, Elephants, basically each and every animal will try to kill you. Talking about Elephants, Elephant Rider skill, much appreciated I loved it. Oh and Eagle Attacks, those mofos were a pain. Far Cry 4 captures the wild life exceptionally well.
– Himaliya Missions: Astonishing. And extremely fun. Especially with strong head winds, where you can’t see far ahead. You can empty a gun in someone, and no one would notice. Also, during day time, the Lightening was so f*cking gorgeous
– Native Swearing: Not sure if i should appreciate the ‘native’ swearing of “BC and MC”, but i think it kinda gave Far Cry 4 a bit personal touch, and a little bit more relate-able … i guess!? “chutiyapa hay pench*d” lol.
– Great Dialogues & Mild Humor: Make no mistake. Far Cry 4’s dialogues are of extreme brilliance. I loved the mild humor, and the ‘particular choice of words’.
“You don’t text for help. You cry for help.” ~ Pagan Min
“She told me she loved me. Women, they can do that. They can tell you they love you in the moment and mean it. Men, on the other hand… No, men only really love you in hindsight. When too much distance has built up.” ~ Pagan Min
“The Word of God doesn’t always comes in verse and chapters.” ~ Longinus
Hurk: “You got my number”.
Ajay: “Uh, I think You got mine”
Hurk: “I do, and your address ……… and your wife’s number.”
And on another occasion:
Hurk: “I don’t mind being a backseat guy. I like it. ….. That totally came out wrong, ok. You know that“.
Basically there is A LOT of stuff to laugh your ass off to.
– Radio Towers, and Check Posts: Just as fun as always. In many ways, i dislike the way Assassins Creed and Far Cry 4’s elements are becoming similar, but i think i like doing that. Plus, it servers a purpose (of uncovering the environment) so no harm done. Also, you can hear the ‘Radio Transmission‘ when near a Bell Tower, when in a car ofcourse, was a very good touch.
– F*cking Mortar: This thing was f*cking BRUTAL The Cluster Bombing style made the Mortar sooo dangerous that i cleared A LOT of missions with it, and got tripple and quad kills It kept me in awe throughout the whole game. JUST WOW.
– DJ Rabi Ray Rana: Playing the most random Punjabi Songs. And then the commentary Undesireables = Undi; and so much more Its a treat i tell ya.
– Buzzer: Such a relief. A mini helicopter to cover long distances. Just what i have always wanted in Far Cry games. Also, i am imaging a Far Cry with Gun Ship helicopters, destroyed new york, and very next-gen Ubisoft-Gods, please make it happen -_-
– The Soundtrack: I am pretty sure many people didn’t notice the brilliance Far Cry 4’s OST brought to you. If you haven’t, note the (Scumbag) CIA Agent Willis’ Soundtrack (especially during his “Airport” mission), Hurk’s and Longinus’ tracks … and also the tracks played during missions and end credits.
– Characters: Noore, Sabal, Amita, do i even need to say more? Amita was gorgeous (how the hell these developers make them so attractive and ravishing ). And Sabal, was brotherly. “If there is one thing Amita doesn’t understand, I’ll always have your back, brother.”
– Combat Mechanics & Gameplay: Most of the elements are similar to Far Cry 3, yet they feel brand new. I adore the day FPS game devs chose “Dynamic Cover System” to be implemented in the game. Because with this, Far Cry 4 feel soo … Crytek/Crysis. And I F*cking LOVE THIS SH*T.
– Very Balanced Economy: Far Cry 3’s biggest problem was its economy. Money was available in huge amounts, but ways to spend it were very limited. Its not a problem anymore, because you have a lot of stuff to waste your money on. Also, the resources aren’t limited because money is available in huge amounts. So yes, very balanced i’d say.
– Graphics & Performance: It might be harder to accept, but Far Cry 4 is one of the best looking games ever made to date. Dat Lightening And Fur And … well, everything The Game Needs immense resources, and after a lot of patches by Ubisoft, it has become a very good performer as well. Also, it so conveniently knocked out my GTX680 for its resources :S I wanted to use Nvidia’s TXAA but couldn’t because of high hit on frame rates. But rest of the settings were Ultra so it was still looking ravishing, while maintaining 40-50 frames @ 1440×900.
|| THINGS WHICH WERE A’RIGHT ||
– The Plot: It wasn’t jaw dropping, but it was mind blowingly fun. Sabal and Amita are wonderful characters, and i loved the simple plot.
– Choices: “Choices are Difficult. Trust me, i’ve been there.” ~ Pagan Min
This is something which i loved and hated at the same time. For the first time i have felt the choices to be really really difficult. Each element of the story was perfectly balanced, making it even harder to choose the sides. Both Sabal and Amita in Golden Path were of great importance, and had their agenda laid wide open. Even then it was hard to pick sides.
[SPOILER] My Choices:
1. Chose Amita’s Mission – Collected Intel; Got my people killed
2. Chose Sabal – Chose to Destroy Opium
3. Chose Sabal – Chose to Destry Brick Factory
4. Chose Sabal – Saved Temple Jhalendu (Destroy and Desist)
I chose Sabal, ofcourse. Couldn’t agree to a “drug infested” country. But then, i couldn’t make choice of Sabal’s vision of ‘Tarun Matara‘. Like i said, very difficult.
Also, nicely trolled by Ubisoft about Pagan Mind’s initial chase & kill mission lol.[/SPOILER]
|| THINGS NOT SO A’RIGHT ||
– No Portable Mortar: Instead, we got some Rocket Launcher, with same ability. While it was good, it was obviously not as effective, and was highly inaccurate.
– Pagan Min: After seeing the madness, ‘insanity’ and bad-assness of Vaas Montenegro , Pagan Min feels like a transsexual mofo, who can’t even pretend to be a bad-ass. He felt meh, totally non threatening with lines so mediocre that i face-palmed whenever he opened his mouth. Though i briefly enjoyed his communication to Ajay, during the timeframe of Far Cry 4.
– The Other Villains: Maybe its just me, but i really thought villains this time would cross the boundaries of bad-assness. Except for ‘Yuma‘, and her obsession with Shangri-La, i couldn’t find the rest of the lot any special. I am not saying i didn’t enjoy it, which i absolutely did, briefly. But i miss the ‘kick’ which was present in Far Cry 3 around Vaas.
[SPOILER]Death of Noore. Okay, it was love-able Plus, she was definitely sexy.[/SPOILER]
– The Name Ajay Ghale: I get it. Choosing a Desi name can be difficult. But it was immensely awkward hearing its multiple pronunciation throughout the game. And kinda annoying too.
OVERALL … I am in total awe with Far Cry 4. Absolutely Love it. I can’t adore it enough. A game which is so addicting that i have been constantly playing it for more than a month, and still won’t stop loving it.
I wanted to mention each and everything i loved about the game. Just can’t. Its humongous. Zero negative points. Maximum Fun.
Fun Level: 10/10