japan and parts of asia : december 17th 2011
Europe : 22nd February 2012
North America : 15th february 2012 ( limited edtion ) and 22nd february 2012 Officially Regular versions.
Different Variants Of the Playstation VITA and pricing
Wifi Version: COSTING 249.99$ In North America and a 3G+ Wifi Version costing 299.99$, another WEEK early Limited edtion which will be available on 15th February 2012 will cost 349.99$ !
In the THE United Kingdom THE console will cost 229 pounds For the wifi version and 279 Pounds for the 3g+wifi Version.
In Pakistan the expected price for Vita WIFI version is somewhere around 28,000rs to 31,000rs.
Playstation Vita Specifications
Design and Display
- CPUARM: Cortex - A9 core (4 core)
- GPUS: GX543MP4+
- External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth)
- Screen: (Touch Screen) 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED multi touch screen (capacitive type)
- Rear Touch Pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
- Cameras: front camera and rear camera
- Sound: Built-in stereo speakers and built-in microphone
- Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), three-axis electronic compass
- Location: Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi location service support
- Keys / Switches: Power button, directional buttons (up/down/right/left), action buttons (triangle, circle, cross, square), shoulder buttons (right/left), right stick, left stick, START button, SELECT button, volume buttons (+/-)
- Wireless Communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G), IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1) (Wi-Fi) (infrastructure mode/ad-hoc mode) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)
Vita looks quite similar to the PSP, however without any doubt the Vita is more impressive and elegantly designed. It sports a 5-inch OLED multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, 24-bit color with a resolution of 960 × 540 qHD and has pixel density of 220 ppi. The console has a huge size that measures 182 x 84 x 19 mm in size. To give you a fair idea on how huge it is, consider placing an iPhone 4, which will perfectly fit in the space where the display of the PS Vita is. Doesn’t that sound enormous?
Having said that, the PlayStation Vita
fits comfortably in your hands and with the round edges it makes it easier to play games on it.
In the earlier version of the PlayStation, there was just a single analog stick, but in the PS Vita you can find two analog sticks on its front, joined by a D-pad along with the standard PS button. On the top, it has the Left and Right shoulder triggers along with the Start and Select standard buttons.
It has two touch-sensitive pads behind the device where you rest your fingers for support. It is quite similar to the track pad on your laptop and it is designed to function in a similar fashion. These pads work in combination with the controls of the PlayStation Vita which can be used to stroke and poke for additional controls when playing the game. The popularity of this new control all depends on how the game developers make use of it for the PS Vita.
Other features include…
- Chatting – The PlayStation Vita supports chatting with your friends while you’re watching a video or playing a multi-player game, in a way to keep you connected.
- Unlike PSP, the PSV will not support video output or contain a removable battery.
- Hardware wise, the device features a quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 MP Core processor (3 of the 4 cores will be usable for applications) and a quad-core SGX543MP4 + GPU. It will have a 512 MB of system RAM and 128 MB of VRAM.
- It was confirmed by Sony that the battery would last for about 3-5 hours of gameplay, 5 hours of video, and up to 9 hours of music listening with the screen off.
- The PS Vita will have a storage media card slot, where users can plug in NVG cards of capacities ranging from 4 GB to 32 GB.
- Note: NGV is a new proprietary flash card format similar to the Nintendo 3DS Game Cards.
- It also sports a Six-axis system – 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope – enabling the PS Vita for sensing motion. Along with that, it has another 3-axis compass with integrated GPS and connectivity options such as 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.
- The PlayStation Vita has both front and rear cameras with supporting features such as face detection, head detection and head tracking that can be used for personalization and customization.
- The device will also support backwards compatible PlayStation Portable downloadable titles, PlayStation minis, PlayStation Suite games, PSOne Classics, videos, and comics from the PlayStation Store
PlayStation Vita card
Software for the PlayStation Vita is distributed on a proprietary flash memory card called "PlayStation Vita card" rather than on Universal Media Discs (UMDs) used by the original PlayStation Portable.PSVita memory cards will be available in size from 4 GB to 32 GB. 5–10% of the writeable space is reserved for data added by the user after purchase, such as game save data and patches. The size and form factor of the card itself is very similar to the SD Card. Some media applications and games will require a proprietary PlayStation Vita memory card inserted to be used.
VITA'S Game Titles Announced
Uncharted: Golden Abyss Resistance
Call of Duty
Mr. Ink Jet
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Plus II
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Lego Harry Potter (5-7 years)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Hot Shot Golf (Everybody's Golf)
Super Stardust Delta
Street Fighter Tekken x
Virtua Tennis 4
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Michael Jackson: The Experience
The full list of upcoming PS Vita accessories is as follows:
Anything else lemme know what to add