I am:
      Devilish

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      29.33%

Michael Pachter's Most Inaccurate Predictions

He’s surely the gaming industry’s most well-known crystal ball-gazer, the man whose views US blog Kotaku once reported on almost 20 times in two months, and, like most analysts, he gets his fair share of stick on gaming forums. His name (drumroll, maestro) is Michael Pachter, and - despite what snotty message board detractors might say - the majority of this Wedbush Morgan employee’s predictions regarding the games industry actually turn out to be right on the button.

Naturally however, there’s an element of risk involved in Pachter’s line of work, a chance that some predictions will go slightly askew, or even prove quite spectacularly wrong. Many of his more wayward prophecies have been swept surreptitiously beneath the carpet of recent history, so GamerSquad decided to go quote-hunting in a bid to find some of the Pachterisms that not only missed the goal, but flew clean out of the stadium for good measure.

Want to see what we mean? Then let's get started:

PREDICTION 1: Sony to walk this gen, Nintendo to finish a distant third
      "In 2010, Sony's going to have 55 per cent, Microsoft's going to have 35 per cent and Nintendo 10 per cent, with all three of those having plus or minus five per cent."

PREDICTION 2: WoW won't wow gamers
      "I don't think there are four million people in the world who really want to play online games every month. World of Warcraft is such an exception. I frankly think it's the buzz factor, and eventually it will come back to the mean, maybe a million subscribers."

PREDICTION 3: HD graphics will be essential
      "I think HD resolution is the essential difference between this cycle and the last. Although it is clear that there will be much more happening on-screen, with more independently acting characters, the visceral improvement in graphics is probably the first thing noticed by consumers."

PREDICTION 4: Bully heading for low grades
      "My guess is that [Bully] did NOT sell particularly well at holiday... [My] estimates total 800,000 units at an average wholesale price of around $30, so it will likely generate around $24 million in revenues. Since the game took three years to develop, it likely cost Take-Two close to $15 million in R&D, and my guess is that the company did no better than to break even. I would NOT expect a sequel."

PREDICTION 5: "Father of PlayStation" being groomed for top job? Not quite...
      "I think it's prudent succession planning. Kutaragi is the visionary, and his work on PS3 was done at launch. They need to groom him to replace [big boss of the entire Sony Corporation Howard] Stringer."

Screww you guys, im going home
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      ----

Gamertag: n00btacu1ar
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      29.33%
      you know what would be better? a list of predictions that came true cant be too many.

Take my picture by the pool cause i'm the next big thing

Women,Children and Kunka first
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Devilish

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      29.33%
      a list of predictions that came true cant be too many.
      well on the top of my ahead, he predicted gta4 getting delayed

Ancient Philosopher

I am:
      In Love

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      29.33%
      What is the prediction of HIS about HIS SELF ???:P