• Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid V : Ground Zeroes Release Date Announced - Spring 2014

Resi Evil 4 > Your fav game.
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Gamertag: CHANDOOG PSN ID: adnan791986
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      25.84%

Metal Gear Solid V : Ground Zeroes Release Date Announced - Spring 2014

Releasing as both a budget priced box release and digital release.

In a press release sent to VG247 today, Kojima said of the ties between both games, “The advanced capabilities of the FOX Engine have allowed me to tell the new story in a new way. There will be a significant difference in what Metal Gear Solid : The Phantom Pain brings to the series, so we want to ease players into the new open world environment and its potential. As such, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has been designed to introduce key elements, allowing them to fully benefit from all that the new game will offer.”

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will launch Spring 2014 on PS3 and Xbox 360 as a boxed release at £29.99, while digital versions will cost £19.99., while PS4 and Xbox One digital versions come in at £29.99.

According to the release, Ground Zeroes, “charts a rescue mission as users infiltrate a Cuban prison camp, and sets in motion a series of events that culminate in the stunning plotlines of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.”
      Via VG247

X Trophies Hunter

I am:
      Fine

PSN ID: amaga1
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      35.37%
      wahooo.

so now only GZ ll b release in march,april?

PP ll b late 2014?

@r3aper

PG Xtremist
      Team PG Emeritus

I am:
      Starving

Gamertag: Gizmo the Gamer
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      84.79%
      So they were seperate games after all. Awesome, can't friggin wait. hopefully Phantom pain will also be on current gen.

Respect Ma AuthoritA!!!
      Nintendo/PSP Moderator

I am:
      Roflol

Gamertag: mani the gamer PSN ID: Manigamer Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/manigamer
      Daily Activity
      25.1%
      Lv. Percent
      38.84%
      I don't see why this couldn't be included in phantom pain altogether. this is just a prologue kinda thingie and is selling at an extra cost.

W'Sup, G?
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      75.2%
      “I work for Konami (KDE-US) and I can confirm that at this time there are no plans for a retail version of the Xbox One and PS4 SKUs of GROUND ZEROES. That’s the official word around the office right now.”
      More here >>>
      No special next gen edition for you @amaga bhai for GZ :P

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes acts as a prologue to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and takes place one year after the events of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Assuming control of the legendary Snake (a.k.a. Big Boss), players are charged with the infiltration of Camp Omega where both Paz and Chico are held. The hostages hold key information concerning Snake and his private military organisation that Snake and his ally Kaz Miller must prevent from being exposed. Ground Zeroes charts the rescue and the subsequent fallout that leads into the beginning of the The Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes also acts as a bridge between previous Metal Gear Solid titles, easing players into the vaunted open world of MGSV.

THE POWER OF FOX ENGINE – Ground Zeroes showcases Kojima Productions’ stunning FOX Engine, a true next-generation game engine which revolutionizes the Metal Gear Solid experience.

INTRODUCTION TO OPEN WORLD DESIGN – The first Metal Gear Solid title to offer open world gameplay. Ground Zeroes offers total freedom of play: how missions are undertaken is entirely down to the user.

UNRESTRICTED STEALTH – Imagine classic Metal Gear gameplay but with no restrictions or boundaries. Players use intelligence and cerebral strategy to sneak their way through entire missions, or go in all guns blazing. Each will have different effects on game consequences and advancement.

MULTIPLE MISSIONS AND TASKS – Ground Zeroes boasts a central story mode and additional side-missions ranging from tactical action, aerial assaults and “covert” stages that will be sure to surprise.

REDESIGNED INTERFACE – Ground Zeroes users will benefit from a clean in-game HUD that shows the minimal amount of on-screen data to give a more intense gaming experience.

VARIOUS IN-GAME WEATHER SETTINGS – Ground Zeroes will test the player in a variety of time and weather environments that will be central to METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Phantom Pain. Use night conditions to your advantage, or poor weather as strategic cover.

TRUE NEXT GENERATION GAMING – Available simultaneously with the current generation of gaming consoles, Ground Zeroes will give PS4 and Xbox One consumers the chance to showcase the power of their new machines.
      Source

Ok so this was very much predictable that GZ will be separate from TPP, I feel like Kojima is testing the waters here. He's gonna take the feedback from the gamers for this new style of MGS and will add/remove features based on that feedback.

BTW I am kinda glad that its a separate version, we can get the taste of the next mgs without ruining the real - next gen - MGS experience i.e. TPP and the price seems justified as well so I have no complains about it.

This will bring the perfect closure for me for this gen (which started with MGS4) with MGO extending this gen a bit longer for me.
      Last edited by r3aper; 05-11-13 at 09:50 AM.

X Trophies Hunter

I am:
      Fine

PSN ID: amaga1
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      35.37%
      Quote Originally Posted by r3aper View Post
      No special next gen edition for you @amaga bhai for GZ :P
      i know that

love to get its Hard copy,but no hard for next gen.that sucks

but atleast i can play it on next gen now,its enough for me.so no need to wait of BigBoss till 2015 now :P

W'Sup, G?
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      75.2%
      Konami saying MGS5 release timing will depend on how Ground Zeroes goes first combined with next generation, then decide if 2014 or 2015
      Source
      Quote Originally Posted by r3aper
      Ok so this was very much predictable that GZ will be separate from TPP, I feel like Kojima is testing the waters here. He's gonna take the feedback from the gamers for this new style of MGS and will add/remove features based on that feedback.
      There you go, like I said it! Kojima is getting predictable then ever....

Revolution!
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Yeehaw

Gamertag: synsyteraly PSN ID: ViciousAly Steam ID: majoraly
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      40.89%
      Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
      So they were seperate games after all. Awesome, can't friggin wait. hopefully Phantom pain will also be on current gen.
      Konami will release Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes as a standalone prologue to MGS5: Phantom Pain next spring, and both games are confirmed to be coming to Xbox One, PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360.
      Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes ends wait in spring 2014 [update] | Joystiq
      Likes Gizmo, Spartan 117 liked this post

W'Sup, G?
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      75.2%
      Some photos from a recent Kojima Interview.

Yay no HORN!!!

No you don't look like him...idiot!

More here>>
      Last edited by r3aper; 12-11-13 at 09:09 AM.

Revolution!
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Yeehaw

Gamertag: synsyteraly PSN ID: ViciousAly Steam ID: majoraly
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      40.89%
      One of the biggest twists in the gaming industry...

Big Boss is....

Spoiler: show
      Joel's long lost brother

@amaga
      Likes amaga liked this post