I am:
      ----

Gamertag: MohsinSK95 PSN ID: MohsinK95
      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      10.5%
      Are you guys sure this won't result in a ban or something?
      Where do you find the Games to download?

Lado-K-Lashkary

I am:
      Yeehaw

Gamertag: Lad0klashkary PSN ID: Lado-k-Lashkary
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      21.72%
      TUTORIAL TO DOWNLOAD PS4 GAMES USING YOUR PC

First things first, this TUT is just a way to easily download all those big ass games that you “BUY” from the PS Store on your PC first and then transfer it onto your PS4 via a LAN or a Wifi connection. This is a pretty handy way to save that super sexy Playstation from the curse of load shedding. To all those suckers who think that you can download any game without buying – Those Inverted commas are there for a reason.

Download the PSX Software from the link given above and open the PSXDownloadHelper.exe file. You’ll get an image like this.

The IP address given is the current IP address of your computer. Hit the Play button and you’ll get something like this;

In order to change the language to English move over to the fifth tab and select English from the drop down menu. Check below. You’ll need to restart the app in order for the language change to take effect. Do that.

Fire up your PS4 and buy / download anything from the PSN Store / LIBRARY as you usually would. Once the download begins go to notifications and then to downloads. You would see the game downloading there. Pause the download and then navigate to settings on your PS4, then to network and then to setup a new connection. Go to LAN (assuming that your PC is also on the same network) and then select custom. Choose “Automatic” for IP settings, “Do Not Specify” for DHCP name and “AUTOMATIC” for both DNS and MTU Settings. Basically all you need to change is the “Proxy Server” and all other settings would be at default. Once at the proxy server page, select “USE”. Under Proxy server, use the same IP address that we saw in step 1 when we fired up the PSXDownloadhelper.exe file.

There should be no changes to the Port settings. Now finish the setup and test the internet connection. Make sure that the internet is working.
      Once you are done with that, go back to the downloads section on the PS4 and resume the download. In a few seconds the PSX console would show you the link that the PS4 is trying to access. Check the image below. That’s it. Pause the download again on the PS4 and move onto your PC now.

Copy the link from the PSX and use any download manager and complete the download. I use FDM for this.
      Once the download is complete all you need to do is hit the select button (in the 2nd row) on the PSX and select the file that you had downloaded on the PC. Check image below;

Resume the download again and voila the PS4 is now downloading the file from your PC.

IMPORTANT: For best results, ALWAYS ALWAYS use a wired (LAN ) connection. Downloading over wifi can be slow. Use LAN for BEST RESULTs.

A little tricky for bigger downloads

Spoiler: show
      Note: This part I was able to figure out by trial and error on my own. There could be other more efficient ways of going about it but atm this is all i have.

As you might have noticed that I have used a smaller (SWAPPER) game to explain the procedure. But there are games much bigger than this and to download them the procedure varies a little.
      I’ll try explaining you how to download INFAMOUS First light which is free on PS Plus this month. Go on and download Infamous from the store. You’ll get an image like below on the PSX if you follow the same procedure as I explained in the earlier section.

You’ll notice that the download size of the game itself is around 10 GB but the link provided on the PSX console is of 4096 MB. Check below.

This is where it gets a little tricky. The PS4 actually downloads the .PKG files that have a maximum size of 4096 MB. In case the game is more than 4096 MB it splits it onto multiple .pkg files (this is just my opinion though)

Now the original link that you got from the PSX was as below

----http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/appkgo/prod/CUSA00897_00/2/f_b5529b4276ca91c544f2d2f57e559ffeb98ab7f9092b5468 7e95025ad113dd8f/f/EP9000-CUSA00897_00-FIRSTLIGHTSHIP00_0.pkg?downloadId=0000000d&serverIpAddr=79.140.94.17&cou ntry=gb&downloadType=ob&q=8ea22ecdb38a381bfc3a1359 1096618334dc847553503f1ab8008697a586bcbe ----

Notice that I have highlighted a portion on the link. The next .pkg file would actually be “0_1.pkg”. So you need to change 0_0.pkg to 0_1.pkg and you will then be able to download the second part of the game. Check below the download link of the second .pkg file would look like this;

----http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/appkgo/prod/CUSA00897_00/2/f_b5529b4276ca91c544f2d2f57e559ffeb98ab7f9092b5468 7e95025ad113dd8f/f/EP9000-CUSA00897_00-FIRSTLIGHTSHIP00_1.pkg?downloadId=0000000d&serverIpAddr=79.140.94.17&cou ntry=gb&downloadType=ob&q=8ea22ecdb38a381bfc3a1359 1096618334dc847553503f1ab8008697a586bcbe----

and the third one would be like this;

----http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/appkgo/prod/CUSA00897_00/2/f_b5529b4276ca91c544f2d2f57e559ffeb98ab7f9092b5468 7e95025ad113dd8f/f/EP9000-CUSA00897_00-FIRSTLIGHTSHIP00_2.pkg?downloadId=0000000d&serverIpAddr=79.140.94.17&cou ntry=gb&downloadType=ob&q=8ea22ecdb38a381bfc3a1359 1096618334dc847553503f1ab8008697a586bcbe----

The size of the 1st .pkg would be 4096 MB, the 2nd .pkg would also be 4096 MB and the 3rd .pkg would be 1377 MB. Add them all up and you have a total of 10GB. The complete set for Infamous. If you try for another file by using 0_3.pkg, there would be nothing at that address.

After you download all 3 .pkg files put them all in 1 folder. Go to settings on the PSX and click “AUTO FIND REPLACE” and then click the folder and select the folder that you have downloaded all the 3 files in. Click APPLY. Check below.

What this does is replace .pkg files automatically when 1 is completed. Check below;

Once you have done that simply resume the download on the PS4 and there you go.

All .pkg files will now be downloaded from the PC.

You can see the screen below how fast the transfer is when using a wired connection.

Please tag other PS4 owners as it might be helpful to them as well.
      Last edited by venom; 12-01-15 at 11:07 PM.

Rockie!

I am:
      Hacker

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      52.27%
      Venom bro thanks alot you just not helped me you helped all of us.
      I Was Born Brilliant; Education Ruined Me

Revolution!
      PG Emeritus

I am:
      Yeehaw

Gamertag: synsyteraly PSN ID: ViciousAly Steam ID: majoraly
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      22.85%
      @venom
      Great tutorial, will surely help out those who have loadshedding issues.

My PS4 is always on standby anyway

GameFREAK!!!!!

I am:
      Stressed

PSN ID: ZaztoCrysis11PK Steam ID: himmeup
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      27.17%
      Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
      TUTORIAL TO DOWNLOAD PS4 GAMES USING YOUR PC

First things first, this TUT is just a way to easily download all those big ass games that you “BUY” from the PS Store on your PC first and then transfer it onto your PS4 via a LAN or a Wifi connection. This is a pretty handy way to save that super sexy Playstation from the curse of load shedding. To all those suckers who think that you can download any game without buying – Those Inverted commas are there for a reason.

Download the PSX Software from the link given above and open the PSXDownloadHelper.exe file. You’ll get an image like this.

The IP address given is the current IP address of your computer. Hit the Play button and you’ll get something like this;

In order to change the language to English move over to the fifth tab and select English from the drop down menu. Check below. You’ll need to restart the app in order for the language change to take effect. Do that.

Fire up your PS4 and buy / download anything from the PSN Store / LIBRARY as you usually would. Once the download begins go to notifications and then to downloads. You would see the game downloading there. Pause the download and then navigate to settings on your PS4, then to network and then to setup a new connection. Go to LAN (assuming that your PC is also on the same network) and then select custom. Choose “Automatic” for IP settings, “Do Not Specify” for DHCP name and “AUTOMATIC” for both DNS and MTU Settings. Basically all you need to change is the “Proxy Server” and all other settings would be at default. Once at the proxy server page, select “USE”. Under Proxy server, use the same IP address that we saw in step 1 when we fired up the PSXDownloadhelper.exe file.

There should be no changes to the Port settings. Now finish the setup and test the internet connection. Make sure that the internet is working.
      Once you are done with that, go back to the downloads section on the PS4 and resume the download. In a few seconds the PSX console would show you the link that the PS4 is trying to access. Check the image below. That’s it. Pause the download again on the PS4 and move onto your PC now.

Copy the link from the PSX and use any download manager and complete the download. I use FDM for this.
      Once the download is complete all you need to do is hit the select button (in the 2nd row) on the PSX and select the file that you had downloaded on the PC. Check image below;

Resume the download again and voila the PS4 is now downloading the file from your PC.

IMPORTANT: For best results, ALWAYS ALWAYS use a wired (LAN ) connection. Downloading over wifi can be slow. Use LAN for BEST RESULTs.

A little tricky for bigger downloads

Note: This part I was able to figure out by trial and error on my own. There could be other more efficient ways of going about it but atm this is all i have.

As you might have noticed that I have used a smaller (SWAPPER) game to explain the procedure. But there are games much bigger than this and to download them the procedure varies a little.
      I’ll try explaining you how to download INFAMOUS First light which is free on PS Plus this month. Go on and download Infamous from the store. You’ll get an image like below on the PSX if you follow the same procedure as I explained in the earlier section.

You’ll notice that the download size of the game itself is around 10 GB but the link provided on the PSX console is of 4096 MB. Check below.

This is where it gets a little tricky. The PS4 actually downloads the .PKG files that have a maximum size of 4096 MB. In case the game is more than 4096 MB it splits it onto multiple .pkg files (this is just my opinion though)

Now the original link that you got from the PSX was as below

----http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/appkgo/prod/CUSA00897_00/2/f_b5529b4276ca91c544f2d2f57e559ffeb98ab7f9092b5468 7e95025ad113dd8f/f/EP9000-CUSA00897_00-FIRSTLIGHTSHIP00_0.pkg?downloadId=0000000d&serverIpAddr=79.140.94.17&cou ntry=gb&downloadType=ob&q=8ea22ecdb38a381bfc3a1359 1096618334dc847553503f1ab8008697a586bcbe ----

Notice that I have highlighted a portion on the link. The next .pkg file would actually be “0_1.pkg”. So you need to change 0_0.pkg to 0_1.pkg and you will then be able to download the second part of the game. Check below the download link of the second .pkg file would look like this;

----http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/appkgo/prod/CUSA00897_00/2/f_b5529b4276ca91c544f2d2f57e559ffeb98ab7f9092b5468 7e95025ad113dd8f/f/EP9000-CUSA00897_00-FIRSTLIGHTSHIP00_1.pkg?downloadId=0000000d&serverIpAddr=79.140.94.17&cou ntry=gb&downloadType=ob&q=8ea22ecdb38a381bfc3a1359 1096618334dc847553503f1ab8008697a586bcbe----

and the third one would be like this;

----http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/appkgo/prod/CUSA00897_00/2/f_b5529b4276ca91c544f2d2f57e559ffeb98ab7f9092b5468 7e95025ad113dd8f/f/EP9000-CUSA00897_00-FIRSTLIGHTSHIP00_2.pkg?downloadId=0000000d&serverIpAddr=79.140.94.17&cou ntry=gb&downloadType=ob&q=8ea22ecdb38a381bfc3a1359 1096618334dc847553503f1ab8008697a586bcbe----

The size of the 1st .pkg would be 4096 MB, the 2nd .pkg would also be 4096 MB and the 3rd .pkg would be 1377 MB. Add them all up and you have a total of 10GB. The complete set for Infamous. If you try for another file by using 0_3.pkg, there would be nothing at that address.

After you download all 3 .pkg files put them all in 1 folder. Go to settings on the PSX and click “AUTO FIND REPLACE” and then click the folder and select the folder that you have downloaded all the 3 files in. Click APPLY. Check below.

What this does is replace .pkg files automatically when 1 is completed. Check below;

Once you have done that simply resume the download on the PS4 and there you go.

All .pkg files will now be downloaded from the PC.

You can see the screen below how fast the transfer is when using a wired connection.

Please tag other PS4 owners as it might be helpful to them as well.

Well aeesome tut brH. But my PC is connected via WIFI but PS4 as LAN so will it work

and ell if the game ia being downloadedfrom the PC will it be faster? Id yes then. How much?
      Last edited by Shayan991; 13-01-15 at 11:09 AM.
      Current : DOTA DOTA DOTA!!!!

PG SuperVisor

I am:
      Yeehaw

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      79.4%
      Quote Originally Posted by mohsinSK View Post
      Are you guys sure this won't result in a ban or something?
      Where do you find the Games to download?
      All it's doing is downloading the game on your PC instead of the PS4 using the download link generated for your PSN account. And in the end when you again start the download on the PS4, the PSX software tricks the PS4 into thinking that the file it's requesting from the online servers is actually on your LAN i.e. PC. So (in theory ) it should be perfectly safe.

In fact I believe the downloaded files should work on other PS4s as well as long as they have the digital copies linked to their PSN accounts (unless there is a user specific code embedded into the pkg files, which I highly doubt)

GameFREAK!!!!!

I am:
      Stressed

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      27.17%
      Quote Originally Posted by frazgta View Post
      All it's doing is downloading the game on your PC instead of the PS4 using the download link generated for your PSN account. And in the end when you again start the download on the PS4, the PSX software tricks the PS4 into thinking that the file it's requesting from the online servers is actually on your LAN i.e. PC. So (in theory ) it should be perfectly safe.

In fact I believe the downloaded files should work on other PS4s as well as long as they have the digital copies linked to their PSN accounts (unless there is a user specific code embedded into the pkg files, which I highly doubt)
      Well that means firstLy we download the game on PC and then Ps4 at some high speed lan. :3?

PG SuperVisor

I am:
      Yeehaw

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      79.4%
      Quote Originally Posted by Shayan991 View Post
      Well that means firstLy we download the game on PC and then Ps4 at some high speed lan. :3?
      Yep. That's all you're doing. I don't know about the speeds on PS4 as I don't own one (yet )
      Last edited by frazgta; 13-01-15 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

PG Soldier

I am:
      ----

Gamertag: MohsinSK95 PSN ID: MohsinK95
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      10.5%
      Works perfectly. Fixed my download speed issue as well. Was getting 2 Mbps while downloading from my PS. Now I can DL at a full 8 Mbps

GameFREAK!!!!!

I am:
      Stressed

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      27.17%
      Quote Originally Posted by frazgta View Post
      Yep. That's all you're doing. I don't know about the speeds on PS4 as I don't own on (yet )
      Ahan. xD. Well bhai like 10 gb ki game hai, mera 4 mb ka net hai so maine game pc pai akr li ab maine osey ps4 pai lgai tou kitne Mb speed ai gi. xD