@Mods : Its a very neutral and a-biography kind of topic. I need to share it please.
(If anything is found offensive, please notify and will be removed ASAP)
Lolz guys... I know the title is simply classy !
Lemme share one simple thing; My motivation and the source:
What I already knew:
1. I had been very offensive to all this Molvi culture of ours so I couldn't hear to any such person anyways.
2. As we know it many people around us look like real Muslims but there are freakin firqa culture, I also found it hard to find out whose the correct one.
3. I don't even want any complications. I just wanted to be pious and be forgiven by ALLAH S.W.T. (Subhana wa Ta'ala)
4. I was at the brink and I started thinking why not any other religion. How could I justify I'm following the right path. Being born in Islamic family isn't enough. I had freedom and I needed to decide myself. So I started understanding other religions and started doing comparisons.
5. There are several incidences I might discuss later (only if necessary).
1. I figured out only that one would be right who doesn't preach firqa stuff. So I went international. Unfortunately I was unable to find neutral people in Pakistan at least.
2. I also found out every firqa might be right or wrong; at least I don't have right to debate on this. ALLAH S.W.T. would decide this, not us P.S all of us has to decide every single thing individually. No human can judge us or point to us. Its the matter of every single individual with ALLAH S.W.T.
So If I am doing the good deeds and following orders, Walla ; That's it. Yes it is that simple. But needs struggle and study and research. You have to spare a little time at least to gain things that big.
My Sources :
1. Interviews of foreigners turning to Islam
There are biyanaat in English by an American ex-christian preacher named Yousaf Estes; who not only turned to Islam but is preaching and struggling for us to understand in very simple and frank ways. I give him 5/5 Stars. Man he talks really good. YOU SHOULD AT LEAST LISTEN TO ANY, ONE AUDIO CLIP ON THAT SITE.
Since I had been really fond of English from the start plus I actually understand English better than Urdu lolz
3. The Wisdom, ALLAH S.W.T. blessed me with. All we have to do is think hard and meditate. We spend so many time and research before buying an i5/i7 gaming system, so why not for this ?
Before and After: The Final Decision
All it happened when I was in the last semester of my Engineering Degree. Some tableeghi ppl came to our uni; they were set off for Australia; Everybody knew how annoying my discussions were and how offensive I used to become, completely anti-Molvi culture
They just met me, never talked to me about Islam. I was really good at making my points vividly clear with a western touch
So somehow they got my group mates convinced. (Our group used to do guitaring in uni and several other activities were there, I won't like to mention). But heck, they got convinced, so the 2nd in charge of our group asked me that these ppl want us to visit raiwind, some ijtma coming. I was like, what the heck and how the heck
Then I said ok, i would go. but I won't wear shalwar qameez, no such sick ups and I will visit em and We'll go off for party in Lahore. So I planned this hiking trip. I was wearing jaw line on the face, t-shirt on tops; and camo's and sneaks.
and I went to visit
ALL MY PLANS got a U-Turn somehow, and that was the moment :
1. I found neutral/practical Muslims in Pakistan.
2. I felt it in my heart that its the time for me to surrender. So I did.
3. I had headache for 3-days before deciding, how would I do it. My family will offend it, my friends, my company..... OH heck How do i do it. But had no other choice. That was my climax and I had to.
Dated : 3rd March, 2006
(Lost most of the snaps, as not into photoshoots no more)
Survival Mode :
My family was very reluctant. And yet somewhat compromising but I still have trouble sometimes, part of life.
In fact I understood, that It's you who have to keep things rolling. I'm still a gamer, enthusiast, technologist etc. All my activities are same except the negative stuff I used to do
(Please don't comment on me; I'm not a preacher nor a super man; just a normal guy trying to tell how I found my way; Trying be a peaceful and practical Muslim)
(Note : Please, No debate needed please, Like it or leave it; Keep it peaceful)