Imporve Your Video Card Performance Tutorial!
***NOTE THIS ALSO WORKS PERFECTLY %100 with NVIDIA***
If you are changing graphic/video card, or have some problems with it, you have to uninstall old drivers in order to install new drivers.
Uninstaling ATI graphic/video card drivers (Windows XP):
- You have to prepare Driver Cleaner software. If you don't have it on your computer, you can download it from www.drivercleaner.net .
- Open Control panel, open «add/remove programs» and delete all ATI software (display drivers, control panel…) . When Windows ask you for restart, refuse it. Don't restart computer at that moment.
- Go to Device Manager and delete all „display adaptors“.
- Now restart computer and turn it on in safe mode (clicking F8 while computer tuning on).
- Start DriverCleaner software.
- Chose „select multiple cleaning filters“.
- For ATI Select
ATI MMC (if you have AIW card)
ATI REMOTE WONDER (if you have AIW card)
ATI WDM (if you have AIW card)
ATI HYDRAVISION (dont chose it if you don't have HYDRAVISION)
- For Nvidia select:
NVIDIA VDM (if you have VIVO card)
- Wait for Drive Cleaner to do what is needed and restart computer after.
- Monitor can blink few times, to change resolution, or make some other weird act. Wait while Windows normalize.
- If „found new hardware“message appears, just click «cancel».
- Go to Device Manager and find «DISPLAY ADAPTORS». There you'll see either „Standard VGA Controller“ (2 inputs if you have graphic card supporting 2 monitors), either Windows will recognize your card immediately. If it isn't neither one of two named options, than drivers won't be installed. In that case, click F5 to try force Windows recognize card. If that won't work, restart computer and than all should be all right.
- If you use any software for graphic card (like ATI tools for example), you'll see error „no direct 3d device found“. That's OK.
- Now you can install new graphic card drivers.
Y anyone do all that shit?i nvever used any software to unistall my video card drivers and how a driver remover software can improve your video card performance?
Because all of the old driver setting are still in your registry and also np need to be RUDE!if you dont want to do it the n youll miss out.... I gained 30fps in Battlefield 2! and to keep gamin performance up u gotta periodically clean the registry and defrag the HArd drive this is one of the things u shuld do as a gamer!
technically it sounds BS..... but i'll give it a try
I thought it was BS but it gave my performance a booost!
All times are GMT +5. The time now is 11:00 AM.
Back to Top
Copyright © 2013 PakGamers. All rights reserved.
A part of Avid Media Network Pvt. Ltd.