• Amused
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Busy
  • Cheeky
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Devilish
  • Fine
  • Hacker
  • Happy
  • In Love
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks Thanks:  0
    Results 1 to 7 of 7

    Thread: Disabling the update of IDM?

    1. #1
      PG Xtremist
      I am:
      Cool
       

      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      3,122
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0%

      Disabling the update of IDM?

      Now i know everyone is using IDM and register it one way or other... I just want to stop IDM from updating ... has anyone found a registry key or other way to stop it from happening as when its Updated it becomes inactive and says trial period expired as it was registered with ******...


      Can anyone stop it

    2. #2
      Banned
      I am:
      ----
       

      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      246
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0%
      download from torrents with crack and well if you like to get the h s mos recent version then stay with trial, or else gt the one from torrents. mine asks to update but i say no. that explains?

    3. #3
      $heeda Pastol
        abobobilly's Avatar
      Chilling* Global Moderator
      I am:
      Busy
       

      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      14,598
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0%
      I dont use IDM but IF there exists an EXTRA Utility which is being used by IDM during the Update Process to Update the program itself, then simply BLOCK that Utility in Your FireWall. It wont access the internet.

      I am using DAP and it uses a Built-in Utility called "DAP Update" to update the program. Used IDM a long time ago so can't tell anything about it.
      Just my few cents.
      PakGamers Rules - Read :: Memorize :: Obey

      PG @ Facebook | PG @ Twitter | PG @ Google+

      Like a Post if it has helped you


      For any urgent matter, contact at abobobilly@pakgamers.com (Urgent matters ONLY)

    4. #4
      googling :D
      I am:
      Sad
       

      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      3,211
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0%
      idm ask u when new update is available then man simply disallow it to download update i am using it and doing just same

    5. #5
      PG Xtremist
      PG Emeritus
      I am:
      Yeehaw
       

      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      12,532
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      4.83%
      yaar yeh koi itna mushkil kaam nhi hay jab update mange to simply us ko cancel kar do baat khatam
      aur wo update aik month ke baad hi mangta hay

    6. #6
      PG Xtremist
      I am:
      Cool
       

      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      3,122
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0%
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustaffa View Post
      download from torrents with crack and well if you like to get the h s mos recent version then stay with trial, or else gt the one from torrents. mine asks to update but i say no. that explains?
      its not a solution.... i am using cracked version...

      Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
      I dont use IDM but IF there exists an EXTRA Utility which is being used by IDM during the Update Process to Update the program itself, then simply BLOCK that Utility in Your FireWall. It wont access the internet.
      I am using DAP and it uses a Built-in Utility called "DAP Update" to update the program. Used IDM a long time ago so can't tell anything about it.
      Just my few cents.
      IDM is light and i like its flash video downloading stuff especially in Youtube..
      secodnly, i m trying to figure out its firewall blocking options but if i had known that , i wont hav posted the thread for help.. cant find out the registry key or something

      Quote Originally Posted by waqar86 View Post
      idm ask u when new update is available then man simply disallow it to download update i am using it and doing just same
      Quote Originally Posted by sunny945 View Post
      yaar yeh koi itna mushkil kaam nhi hay jab update mange to simply us ko cancel kar do baat khatam
      aur wo update aik month ke baad hi mangta hay
      its not about me... i do the same no but my other family members always by mistake or without any knowledge press yes so it expires again and then becomes very diff to patch again...

      and it asks for update after every reboot, not in a month but 2-3 times daily when PC is restarted..

      End result seems that there is no solution other than shifting to other download manager

    7. #7
      googling :D
      I am:
      Sad
       

      MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Posts
      3,211
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      0%
      then try to fine idm portable it will help u out

     

     

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    All times are GMT +5. The time now is 02:53 PM.


    Back to Top Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
    Copyright 2016 PakGamers. All rights reserved.