PG Xtremist
      I am:
      Fine

MainMy Activity InfoMy PG Info
      Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      18%
      has anyone used 4.4 or later android on G pro ?
      also let me know if there is any way to convert f240L to E988 ?
      Detailed description will be apreciated.
      Signature Removed : Team PG

PG Moderator
      I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      2.99%
      Lv. Percent
      66.77%
      Quote Originally Posted by WAQAS ADEEM View Post
      has anyone used 4.4 or later android on G pro ?
      also let me know if there is any way to convert f240L to E988 ?
      Detailed description will be apreciated.
      Root device.
      Download FreeGee for CWM and Bootloader unlock.
      Flash E988 custom ROM.

It should work. I've heard it works on the Optimus G. It shouldn't be very different for the G Pro.

Let the experts answer you. They've done this stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

PG Xtremist
      I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63.64%
      Rooting And Unlocking Lg Is Easier Then I Thought. InstalleD A 4.4 Rom On My 970 And Its Butter Smooth, Visit Xda There Are Tons Of RoMs available
      Likes awais52 liked this post

PG Xtremist
      I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.4%
      Quote Originally Posted by smaaz View Post
      Rooting And Unlocking Lg Is Easier Then I Thought. InstalleD A 4.4 Rom On My 970 And Its Butter Smooth, Visit Xda There Are Tons Of RoMs available
      yes, u'r right... E970, E975, E980 etc are all intl versions so rooting and unlocking is straightforward.... but their Korean counterparts F-180, F240 etc are slightly tricky

btw... have u tried any CM11 ROM.... I've found CM11 to be better on Atrix HD atleast

PG Xtremist
      I am:
      Cool

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      63.64%
      Quote Originally Posted by awais52 View Post
      yes, u'r right... E970, E975, E980 etc are all intl versions so rooting and unlocking is straightforward.... but their Korean counterparts F-180, F240 etc are slightly tricky

btw... have u tried any CM11 ROM.... I've found CM11 to be better on Atrix HD atleast
      I Had F240k For A While And Rooting And Instslling Recovery Was 5Min Job.

PG Xtremist
      I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.4%
      @murtaza12 or anyone who can put some light on the question

what does "converting" LG F180 to E975 mean?

in the opening post, method for converting F180 to E975 is mentioned which is essentially a standard procedure for flashing any custom ROM i.e. rooting, unlocking bootloader and installing a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
      So after rooting, unlocking bootloadr and flashing recovery for an F180, one can flash any custom ROM meant for E975 into an F180. Is it right? assuming E975 and F180 have exactly the same hardware

and under the spoiler Custom ROMs it is written that "Custom ROM's (for F180 and E975, only flash the E975 ROM's once you have converted your device)"
      So what does “conversion” here mean? I assume it is rooting, unlocking bootloader and flashing custom recovery. Have I understood it right? So conversion essentially is the standard procedure before any custom ROM can be flashed.

It is even required for an E975?? Even for flashing custom ROM in an E975 the “conversion” (rooting, unlocking and flashing recovery) would still be required.
      I assume that since F180 and E975 have exactly the same hardware so their custom ROM flashing methods are exactly same.
      Please put me right if I have understood anything wrong.

this guy How to: Convert F180 S/K/L to E975 – LG Optimus G – Cell Rabta has converted shown method of converting F180 to E975 by first flashing F180S/K/L stock KDZ files followed by flashing Hong Kong E975 KDZ and finally flashing the Basebands for S/K/L.
      I dont know if this method is equivalent to rooting, unlocking and custom recovery then flashing custom ROM.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smaaz View Post
      I Had F240k For A While And Rooting And Instslling Recovery Was 5Min Job.
      so is flashing custom ROMs in E970, E975 or F180S/K/L essentially the same?

PG Moderator
      I am:
      Busy

Daily Activity
      2.99%
      Lv. Percent
      66.77%
      Quote Originally Posted by awais52 View Post
      @murtaza12 or anyone who can put some light on the question

what does "converting" LG F180 to E975 mean?

in the opening post, method for converting F180 to E975 is mentioned which is essentially a standard procedure for flashing any custom ROM i.e. rooting, unlocking bootloader and installing a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
      So after rooting, unlocking bootloadr and flashing recovery for an F180, one can flash any custom ROM meant for E975 into an F180. Is it right? assuming E975 and F180 have exactly the same hardware

and under the spoiler Custom ROMs it is written that "Custom ROM's (for F180 and E975, only flash the E975 ROM's once you have converted your device)"
      So what does “conversion” here mean? I assume it is rooting, unlocking bootloader and flashing custom recovery. Have I understood it right? So conversion essentially is the standard procedure before any custom ROM can be flashed.

It is even required for an E975?? Even for flashing custom ROM in an E975 the “conversion” (rooting, unlocking and flashing recovery) would still be required.
      I assume that since F180 and E975 have exactly the same hardware so their custom ROM flashing methods are exactly same.
      Please put me right if I have understood anything wrong.

this guy How to: Convert F180 S/K/L to E975 – LG Optimus G – Cell Rabta has converted shown method of converting F180 to E975 by first flashing F180S/K/L stock KDZ files followed by flashing Hong Kong E975 KDZ and finally flashing the Basebands for S/K/L.
      I dont know if this method is equivalent to rooting, unlocking and custom recovery then flashing custom ROM.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Conversion means to change the F180 to the E975.

Conversion (for F180) means to root the device, unlock the bootloader and install CWM recovery and then flash a custom ROM meant either for F180 or E975.

On E975, there is no such thing as conversion as it is already an international model.

On the E975 it's basically the same process, root, unlock bootloader and flash CWM, then flash an E975 custom ROM.

The tutorial you posted (Cell Rabta), tells you to flash KDZ files and basebands, thats a tricky process especially for beginners. On XDA, it's advised that there is no need for flashing different basebands to get E975 ROMs on an F180.

You just need to have an unlocked bootloader and the E975 ROM will flash on your F180 without any problems.
      And I'm pretty sure EDGE will work too.

Yes it is. All of the devices need to be rooted, with unlocked bootloaders and the latest version of CWM that is available to flash any Custom ROM.
      Likes awais52 liked this post

PTCL Customer Care

PG Xtremist
      I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.4%
      Thanks murtaza12 for clearing the confusion

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
      Likes murtaza12 liked this post

PG Superstar
      I am:
      Nerdy

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      68%
      Edge doesnt work on my F180 after flahsing CM11. Everything else you wrote is correct. In my opinion one should keep it as simple as possible with tthese orean phones when it comes to flashing roms as once you mess up the baseband, only GOD knows how to bring it back. So flashing cm11 is the safest route as it doesnt mess with the modem of the device.
      Likes awais52, murtaza12 liked this post

PG Xtremist
      I am:
      Fine

Daily Activity
      0%
      Lv. Percent
      78.4%
      Is edge/GPRS any problem with E970/E975/E980 with cm11 our any other custom ROM? Any one experienced any issues??

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk