Motherboard: P8P67
        Memory: Crosser 4GB
        GPU: Nvidia 570
        HDD: 3TB Seagate, 2TB External
        Chassis: C.M 590-II Advance
        PSU: CM-750GX
        Soundcard: Soundblaster XFI Fatailty

Re: Htc One X Vs Galaxy S 3

Sorry to say I hard bricked my two s2 because of the using oden and its bootloader get f..ked so no use. Best feature of HTC is that its bootloder and hboot is two three layers deep so flashing roms doesn't get chance to get hardbricked. So more freedom to enjoy custom roms. So now I changed almost daily roms on one.x

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 2

PG Xtremist
      PG Emeritus
      I am:
      Starving

My Consoles
      PC , Xbox One
      My PC Specs
        Monitor: Dell ST2320L HD LED 23inch
        CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5Ghz
        Cooler: Stock
        Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme 6
        Memory: Corsair Vengeace 2x 4GB 1600Mhz DDR3
        GPU: Sparkle Calibre X560Ti DF
        HDD: Seagate ST2000MD001 2TB
        Chassis: Xigmatek Midgard II - 4x XAF F-1253 120mm Orange
        PSU: Xigmatek NRP PC-502
        Soundcard: Realtek HD
      Quote Originally Posted by yousaf465 View Post
      even in normal day to day operation you will need these features, bootloop can happen anytime. SD card has many uses beside flashing firmwares. of the Big three Samsung and Sony both support SD card in their flaghship devices.
      Nokia Lumia doesnt support neither SD Card nor Removable Battery
      That along with all iPhone till date and HTC One Series prove that removable Battery and SD Card slot is unnecessary

If you want to copy a mullti GB file will you be using a data cable (getting bogged down in the process) or hot swappable SD card ? Or think in another way if you want do a file transfer to another device of a similar sized file ?
      This i dont understand
      What do u mean bogged down? Data transfers through cable at 25-30MB/s i believe
      takes a couple of minutes to copy multi GB files which i dont see as "bogged down"

The obvious advantage of "expandable" storage, and add directory binding (mean less load on internal storage = longer life)
      Again the lack of expandable storage in 3 top tier phones (Lumia / iP5 / One X) translate to the fact that its not as much an advantage as u claim it to be

PG Xtremist
      I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kami2k View Post
      Sorry to say I hard bricked my two s2 because of the using oden and its bootloader get f..ked so no use. Best feature of HTC is that its bootloder and hboot is two three layers deep so flashing roms doesn't get chance to get hardbricked. So more freedom to enjoy custom roms. So now I changed almost daily roms on one.x

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 2
      don't blame the umpires if you don't know how to play . I have used it quite a few times and my devices haven't been bricked

Unbrickable mod exist for Galaxy S3, does it for HTC one X ?

HTC One X has locked bootloaoder and unlocking it officially means officially voiding warranty. On samsung you can restore warranty using ODIN and triangle away, can you do the same for a officially unlocked One X ?
      Last edited by yousaf465; 03-01-13 at 01:12 AM.
      Standing by my Ideals even if it annoys some...

PG Xtremist
      I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by hasanJ View Post
      Nokia Lumia doesnt support neither SD Card nor Removable Battery
      That along with all iPhone till date and HTC One Series prove that removable Battery and SD Card slot is unnecessary
      Again the lack of expandable storage in 3 top tier phones (Lumia / iP5 / One X) translate to the fact that its not as much an advantage as u claim it to be
      Unfortunately I have to mention it, but what are are the combined sales figure of Lumia 920 and HTC One X compared to Galaxy S3 only (I'm not including Sony's devices).

Hacks likes these were not possible on the likes of HTC One X (these hacks are required for nonfunctional second hand sets.) Revolutionary SD Card Bootloader Work-in-Progress for Galaxy S III, Galaxy Camera – xda-developers

This i dont understand
      What do u mean bogged down? Data transfers through cable at 25-30MB/s i believe
      takes a couple of minutes to copy multi GB files which i dont see as "bogged down"
      For me even that means getting bogged down.

I re-word my earlier statement, how can you transfer a multi GB file between 2 phone without using a PC ? you swap SD don't you ?

P.S we can discuss this further on PG chat.
      Last edited by yousaf465; 03-01-13 at 01:22 AM.

PG Xtremist
      PG Emeritus
      I am:
      Starving

My Consoles
      PC , Xbox One
      My PC Specs
      Unfortunately I have to mention it, but what are are the combined sales figure of Lumia 920 and HTC One X compared to Galaxy S3 only (I'm not including Sony's devices).

Hacks likes these were not possible on the likes of HTC One X (these hacks are required for nonfunctional second hand sets.) Revolutionary SD Card Bootloader Work-in-Progress for Galaxy S III, Galaxy Camera – xda-developers
      Sales do not come into this equation because if they do Apple iPhone makes an equally strong case in favor of non expandable Memory

We have 3 top tier phones from 3 different manufacturers with non removable battery and no expandable memory
      (Sony does not have a top tier phone yet)

And again ur brining in Hacks/Firmware and the generalization that these things are a must of Android phones

For me even that meaning getting bogged down.
      So when u have to transfer data from ur PC to ur SD Card for ur phone how do u do it? SD Card to USB adopter?

I re-word my earlier statement, how can you transfer a multi GB file between 2 phone without using a PC ? you swap SD don't you ?
      Why would i not use a PC?

And what is this Multi GB file that i have to transfer anyway? an HD Movie or what?
      Ye koi top secret fia ki mission file hai ko mujhay kisi ko deni hai aur nahi di to koi mara jai ga?

PG Xtremist
      I am:
      ----

Sales do not come into this equation because if they do Apple iPhone makes an equally strong case in favor of non expandable Memory

We have 3 top tier phones from 3 different manufacturers with non removable battery and no expandable memory
      (Sony does not have a top tier phone yet)
      iPhone has quite different reason for it sales, including but not limited to Steve RDF, peer pressure (aka shaska), no fuss caged OS etc.

And again ur brining in Hacks/Firmware and the generalization that these things are a must of Android phones
      Bricking a phone doesn't alway require custom firmware. This hack is meant to restore a bricked device (due to any reason) instead of using JTAG (which isn't always ava. in every country)

So when u have to transfer data from ur PC to ur SD Card for ur phone how do u do it? SD Card to USB adopter?
      Use Laptop's builtin card reader.
      Why would i not use a PC?

And what is this Multi GB file that i have to transfer anyway? an HD Movie or what?
      Ye koi top secret fia ki mission file hai ko mujhay kisi ko deni hai aur nahi di to koi mara jai ga?
      Bcz you are either in class or travelling ( aka murree ka trip and sharing Full HD videos) or simple Old Pakistani excuse Loadshedding ( just happened )

PG Xtremist
      PG Emeritus
      I am:
      Starving

My Consoles
      PC , Xbox One
      My PC Specs
      iPhone has quite different reason for it sales, including but not limited to Steve RDF, peer pressure (aka shaska), no fuss caged OS etc.
      Similarly the option of SD Card is not the reason that Samsung sells either as there are many other factors involved
      Hence sales dont prove this point

3 Major manufactures not providing expandable memory in 3 top tier phones is fact enough that SD Slot is unnecessary

Bricking a phone doesn't alway require custom firmware. This hack is meant to restore a bricked device (due to any reason) instead of using JTAG (which isn't always ava. in every country)
      Why are we still talking about hacking and bricking
      again bring in iPhone as an example which has been extremely successful regardless of hack smack and other dramay baazi

Use Laptop's builtin card reader.
      hardly any faster than USB 2.0 also depends on Memory type (the speed i mean) as depending on type the speeds can be much slower than USB 2.0 aswell
      one more thing to consider is not every one uses a laptop and not every laptop features Card Reader

Bcz you are either in class or travelling ( aka murree ka trip and sharing Full HD videos) or simple Old Pakistani excuse Loadshedding ( just happened )
      Full HD Video on 720p displays? Nice
      Sharing Videos? apnay phone pay dikha do
      Loadshedding? apnay phone pay dikha do

Its not the end of the world if u have to wait an hour for light to come back -_-
      Last edited by hasanJ; 03-01-13 at 01:46 AM.

PG Xtremist
      I am:
      ----

Last edited by yousaf465; 03-01-13 at 01:46 AM.

PG Xtremist
      I am:
      ----

Similarly the option of SD Card is not the reason that Samsung sells either as there are many other factors involved
      Hence sales dont prove this point

3 Major manufactures not providing expandable memory in 3 top tier phones is fact enough that SD Slot is unnecessary
      even Google doesn't support expanable stroage but this doens't mean that User don't need expanadable storage.
      Why are we still talking about hacking and bricking
      again bring in iPhone as an example which has been extremely successful regardless of hack smack and other dramay baazi
      iphone was succesful bcz it was one of the first smartphone and add in the shkskha factor it becomes 1+1=2. Even Blackberry was successful

hardly any faster than USB 2.0 also depends on Memory type (the speed i mean)
      one more thing to consider is not every one uses a laptop and not every laptop features Card Reader
      Yes might not be fast enough but it still allow me play angry birds while doing a file transfer without a umbilical cord hanging from my phone. Card reader are not that expensive

Full HD Video on 720p displays? Nice
      Sharing Videos? apnay phone pay dikha do
      Loadshedding? apnay phone pay dikha do

Its not the end of the world if u have to wait an hour for light to come back -_-
      Who asked you enjoy Full HD on a 720p display, that is for previewing only. Transfer the file to his device let him see it when he feels right and also allow him to enjoy Full HD video on a Full HD display (aka his large screen Full HD TV)

Don't tell me why can't I just shoot SD quality video.
      Last edited by yousaf465; 03-01-13 at 01:57 AM.

PG Xtremist
      PG Emeritus
      I am:
      Starving

My Consoles
      PC , Xbox One
      My PC Specs
      even Google doesn't support expanable stroage but this doens't mean that User don't need expanadable storage.
      Do u speak for all Users?

ur original argument for expandable storage was "Flashing and Firmware"
      if ur into that stuff then yeah get a phone with expandable storage

Users who do not do "Flashing and Firmware" do not need expandable storage

iphone was succesful bcz it was one of the first smartphone and add in the shkskha factor it becomes 1+1=2
      iPhone today is still extremely successful

Yes might not be fast enough but it still allow me play angry birds while do a file transfer without a umbilical cord hanging from my phone. Card reader are not that expensive
      Cord main daant thori lagay hoay hain bhai
      U can transfer 3+GB date in 2 Minutes over USB2.0? Do u really have to play Angry Birds? Go have a drink of water or take a leak or something

Also Cardreader = USB2.0

Which has now nullified ur initial argument of "Bogging Down"

Who asked you enjoy Full HD on a 720p display, that is for previewing only. Transfer the file to his device let him see it when he feels right and also allow him to enjoy Full HD video on a Full HD display (aka his large screen Full HD TV)

Don't tell me why can't I just shoot SD quality video.
      When u watch it on his HDTV take along ur laptop with the video files or transfer the files on his PC (HDTV hai to PC bhi hoga ghar pay)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast