• Amused
  • Angry
  • Bored
  • Busy
  • Cheeky
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Devilish
  • Fine
  • Hacker
  • Happy
  • In Love
  • Innocent
  • Lonely
  • Nerdy
  • Pensive
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 31 of 468 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Results 301 to 310 of 4672
    Like Tree972Likes

    Thread: || QMobile Mega Thread || ~ Quality Stuff !!

    1. #301
      PG Xtremist
      I am:
      Stressed
       

      Location
      Karachi,Pakistan
      Posts
      1,782
      My Consoles
      PC
      then bro its better if u buy a separate mobile from there cause in US the service providers are not like here in pk there are monthly packages from different carriers etc so they give out locked phones on different monthly packages much like the wireless internet providers here a limited number of minutes etc so a mobile from here will not work well there also according to whatmobile the A8 operates at frequency band 900/1800


    2. #302
      PG Newbie
      I am:
      Confused
       

      Posts
      4
      Yes you are right but I have an At&T prepaid SIM Card whic I use while in the use. What I find surprising here is that what to believe, Qmobile website or the box?

      Quote Originally Posted by Behrox View Post
      then bro its better if u buy a separate mobile from there cause in US the service providers are not like here in pk there are monthly packages from different carriers etc so they give out locked phones on different monthly packages much like the wireless internet providers here a limited number of minutes etc so a mobile from here will not work well there also according to whatmobile the A8 operates at frequency band 900/1800

    3. #303
      On Training
      I am:
      Busy
       

      Location
      Peshawar
      Posts
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by amarmak View Post
      I guess i gave you more respect than you deserved. I don't think i can educate you further if you confuse the basic units to measure computer chips performance MIPS.... with MIPS the designer of lowend CPU architecture.

      A8 has MTK6517 which is half the performance of MTK6577, and obviously all what you say will be compatible to the lower end chip. It is simple... you can install Windows 8 on core i3/i5 etc etc. Performance will be different, because architecture is same but MIPS reduced.

      A8 doesn't have a 5mp camera. It also has a low end TN screen and they claimed it for having IPS.
      Alright. First you seem to be confusing MIPS (Millions Instructions Per Second) with MIPS (Microprocessor without Interlocked Pipeline Stages) CPU architecture. The former is measure of performance, latter is CPU architecture. Here you said:
      Quote Originally Posted by amarmak
      Although it is dual core but MIPS performance is half of MTK6577.
      :/ Read what I said above. I've told you already, A8's CPU has ARM architecture, NOT MIPS! If you talk about MIPS as performance unit, then let me tell you that it has BogoMIPS score of 1869.41 which is on par, rather better than many other MT6577 dual-core 1GHz ARM based CPUs out there. Read up if you don't believe. So your claim is again wrong.

      Now coming to MT6517 vs. MT6577, if we believe your claim to be true that it indeed has MT6517 SoC, then it doesn't mean anything negative at all ! In fact, MT6517 is exactly the same SoC as MT6577 including the CPU/GPU and performance. So what's the difference? The difference is ONLY the 3G technology! There's NO performance difference at all unlike your claim.

      MT6577 has UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA support, while MT6517 has TD-SCDMA/TD-HSPA support. This particular 3G tech is used in China and there are ZTE/Huawei, other sets too using MT6517 either with TD-SCDMA or no 3G.

      All the benchmarking tools recognize MT6517 as MT6577 because there's NO difference between the two except the support of 3G. The performance, benchmark scores of Noir A8's 1GHz CPU/PowerVR 531 GPU is same (even better) than MT6577 CPU/GPUs. Check out the benchmarks of both for your own satisfaction.

      Here's an example of a MT6517 phone having same performance as MT6577 and also recognized as MT6577 by benchmarking tools:

      MyPhone A878 Duo vs. MyPhone A898 Duo: Specs Fight! | Ilonggo Tech Blog - Philippines Technology News, Reviews and Specs

      And here again, you can see MT6517 & MT6577 are essentially the same except 3G: MediaTek MT6517 Multi-core Application Processor with Modem Datasheet | CPUlist | PDAdb.net & MediaTek MT6577 Multi-core Application Processor with Modem Datasheet | CPUlist | PDAdb.net
      Last edited by Ehtishams; 29-10-12 at 05:28 PM.
      GAMEATWILL likes this.

    4. #304
      0314-24 818 28 Headphone store
      I am:
      Sad
       

      Location
      Karachi
      Posts
      3,074
      My Consoles
      PC , XB360

      Re: QMobile NOIR A8

      Quote Originally Posted by Sire Ahsan View Post
      Id buy a HTC Explorer over a A2.

      A2 does not have GPS ... big bummer.

      Also the screen is ... dull. Thats the best way to explain it. Feels lighter and plasticky too.

      And yes, Ive used both.
      Better to buy huawei y201 pro bigger screen and latest os

      Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2
      Vist my E shop for JVC headphones Click on Image DVD9 Now MICRO HDMI TO HDMI & MHL Adapter A/V link also available for Mobile phones

    5. #305
      PG Addict
      I am:
      ----
       

      Posts
      253
      Quote Originally Posted by Ehtishams View Post
      Alright. First you seem to be confusing MIPS (Millions Instructions Per Second) with MIPS (Microprocessor without Interlocked Pipeline Stages) CPU architecture. The former is measure of performance, latter is CPU architecture. Here you said:


      :/ Read what I said above. I've told you already, A8's CPU has ARM architecture, NOT MIPS! If you talk about MIPS as performance unit, then let me tell you that it has BogoMIPS score of 1869.41 which is on par, rather better than many other MT6577 dual-core 1GHz ARM based CPUs out there. Read up if you don't believe. So your claim is again wrong.

      Now coming to MT6517 vs. MT6577, if we believe your claim to be true that it indeed has MT6517 SoC, then it doesn't mean anything negative at all ! In fact, MT6517 is exactly the same SoC as MT6577 including the CPU/GPU and performance. So what's the difference? The difference is ONLY the 3G technology! There's NO performance difference at all unlike your claim.

      MT6577 has UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA support, while MT6517 has TD-SCDMA/TD-HSPA support. This particular 3G tech is used in China and there are ZTE/Huawei, other sets too using MT6517 either with TD-SCDMA or no 3G.

      All the benchmarking tools recognize MT6517 as MT6577 because there's NO difference between the two except the support of 3G. The performance, benchmark scores of Noir A8's 1GHz CPU/PowerVR 531 GPU is same (even better) than MT6577 CPU/GPUs. Check out the benchmarks of both for your own satisfaction.

      Here's an example of a MT6517 phone having same performance as MT6577 and also recognized as MT6577 by benchmarking tools:

      MyPhone A878 Duo vs. MyPhone A898 Duo: Specs Fight! | Ilonggo Tech Blog - Philippines Technology News, Reviews and Specs

      And here again, you can see MT6517 & MT6577 are essentially the same except 3G: MediaTek MT6517 Multi-core Application Processor with Modem Datasheet | CPUlist | PDAdb.net & MediaTek MT6577 Multi-core Application Processor with Modem Datasheet | CPUlist | PDAdb.net
      Nicely done.... thankfully your email clearly tells that you spent the whole day acquiring education. I know my acronyms... you don't need to copy paste something you just learnt.

      Secondly i still stand by the fact that this is MTK6517, which you now clearly know. i don't like to gloat, but the minor difference of removal of 3G from MTK6577 is just not the only difference between 6517 and 6577. I will have to clearly explain many other things for you to understand, in short MTK6517 = (MTK6577 minus 3G) divided by 2.

      Lastly.... the fact that i was lied to means a lot to me. Admitted that at 15k this is the best phone in the market. But i was lied to about the camera and IPS screen. Hence after selling A8, i would wait for the upcoming low cost models with similar specs and price from HTC etc.
      Last edited by amarmak; 29-10-12 at 07:47 PM.

    6. #306
      PG Newbie
      I am:
      ----
       

      Posts
      10

      stock rom Noir A8

      please share stock rom for noir a8

    7. #307
      CyboRg
      I am:
      Cool
       

      Location
      Karachi
      Posts
      4,104
      My Consoles
      PC
      My PC Specs
        Monitor: Samsung 22" LED Full HD
        CPU: Intel Core i5 3570
        Cooler: Stock
        Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3H
        Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 4gbx2
        GPU: Club 3d 7870 xt Joker 2 GB
        HDD: Intel 60 GB SSD + Seagate 750 GB 7200.12 Baracuda
        Chassis: CoolerMaster K380
        PSU: Corsair VS-550
        Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX with Logitech Z506
        OS: Win 8 Pro 64 bit
      Quote Originally Posted by Ottoman View Post
      Has anyone used the Noir A2? How is it for an 8k phone?
      Yes, for price it is good, i have the same phone. Has low memory issues though.

      Quote Originally Posted by amarmak View Post
      Nicely done.... thankfully your email clearly tells that you spent the whole day acquiring education. I know my acronyms... you don't need to copy paste something you just learnt.

      Secondly i still stand by the fact that this is MTK6517, which you now clearly know. i don't like to gloat, but the minor difference of removal of 3G from MTK6577 is just not the only difference between 6517 and 6577. I will have to clearly explain many other things for you to understand, in short MTK6517 = (MTK6577 minus 3G) divided by 2.
      Well everyone learns from somewhere, no need to brag about it, nobody comes educated from his/her mother's womb......

      Secondly, can you please share that email you were referring to, in your earlier post. the email from chinese factory???

      It will be very nice of you to share many other things for the knowledge and gud of us all.

    8. #308
      Knighted by the Queen of L33T
      PG Emeritus
      I am:
      Busy
       

      Location
      Karachi, Pakistan
      Posts
      5,487
      My Consoles
      PC
      My PC Specs
        Monitor: ViewSonic VX2835WM 28" Full HD
        CPU: Intel Pentium G2010 @ 2.8GHz
        Motherboard: Gigabyte H61-DS2 Rev 2.0
        Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
        GPU: Gigabyte HD7850
        HDD: 160GB + 500GB
        Chassis: Cooler Master Elite
        PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500w
        Soundcard: Built In
        OS: Windows 7
      Kia bacho ki tarhan rotay rehtey ho. Net par googling karkay idhar akar technology kay maahir banay bhetey hain.

      No one cares konsa 50980938 or 40943280942 or 894008234 ka hai processor.

      Actual result ki baat karo which we are bothered about.


    9. #309
      PG Juggernaut
      I am:
      Busy
       

      Location
      Sialkot
      Posts
      750
      My Consoles
      PC
      My PC Specs
        Monitor: Dell IN2010M 20" HD LED LCD
        CPU: Core i3 2100 3.1Ghz
        Cooler: Stock Intel
        Motherboard: MSI H61M-P21 (B3)
        Memory: Kingston 4Gb 1333Mhz
        GPU: Sparkle GTX460 Calibre 1GB
        HDD: Western Digital 500GB
        Chassis: Cooler Master 690
        PSU: Antec Earth Watts 750
        Soundcard: Via VT1708S (Build in)
        OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      What you guys suggest me

      LG Optimus 2X SU660 or Qmobile Noir A8

      at same price

    10. #310
      PG Xtremist
      I am:
      Stressed
       

      Location
      Karachi
      Posts
      2,009
      My PC Specs
        CPU: intel p4 2.0
        Motherboard: intel d845gebv
        Memory: 256 mb ddr 266
        GPU: nvidia fx 5200
        HDD: wd 160 gb 2 mb cache
        Soundcard: built in
        OS: winxp sp2

      Re: QMobile NOIR A8

      3x

      Sent from my A8 using Tapatalk 2

     

     

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    All times are GMT +5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


    Back to Top Copyright 2014 PakGamers. All rights reserved.